ALPconnect question/problem

Dragons

Breathing fire
Advanced User
Reaction score
Hi guys.
I had an encounter with a PoliScan a short while ago I was trying to tap my screen to kill the jam, but there was no indication it had ceased jamming.
I'm on Android at the moment, I have noticed this once before but left it go and forgot about it.

Is there something I'm missing here?

I do have PoliScan unlimited jam enabled if that makes any difference.

G37X Jockey

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
The Poliscan unlimited jam will override the LID timeout, but I don't know about manual JTK which should work. I don't think the app gives a positive detection only notification other than changing from blue to yellow.

deanoobaby

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Hi guys.
I had an encounter with a PoliScan a short while ago I was trying to tap my screen to kill the jam, but there was no indication it had ceased jamming.
I'm on Android at the moment, I have noticed this once before but left it go and forgot about it.

Is there something I'm missing here?

I do have PoliScan unlimited jam enabled if that makes any difference.
i wouldnt to be concerened about a poli... but next time i pass a poli i will fumble with some buttons to see what happens ..unfortuanntly i cant help on the apps as i dont trust them

REVNURAZR

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Also had the same issue when I was running the Android AL Connect app.

Had to manually kill switch the jammers as the app didn't seem to respond to the kill command - just kept alerting and didn't go into receive only mode

G37X Jockey

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Also had the same issue when I was running the Android AL Connect app.

Had to manually kill switch the jammers as the app didn't seem to respond to the kill command - just kept alerting and didn't go into receive only mode
The app has a long latch timer. It will continue alerting for a few seconds after LID timeout (yellow car) and then go into parking mode (green car) for 1 minute.
If you're set to unlimited jam it will alert for several seconds after you're no longer being targeted.

Dragons

Breathing fire
Advanced User
Reaction score
If you're set to unlimited jam it will alert for several seconds after you're no longer being targeted.
As I remember JTK works fine on the ALP control set, JTK also works fine via the app against a PL4 or Ultralyte but it isn't against a poliscan..
Its a problem to me because Poli's here are manned by OFFICERS not contractors, if I can kill the jam ASAP upon detection, I want it killed ASAP.

G37X Jockey

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dragons, you said your Poliscan is set to unlimited jam. Wouldn't unchecking that option and letting the LID timer take over solve your issue? Maybe I'm not fully understanding.

Dragons

Breathing fire
Advanced User
Reaction score
Dragons, you said your Poliscan is set to unlimited jam. Wouldn't unchecking that option and letting the LID timer take over solve your issue? Maybe I'm not fully understanding.
Indeed it could, I'd rather not disable that option, often ALP will pick up back scatter from rear facing Poliscans first the last thing I want is a jam timing out before I am through the Poliscan's kill zone.

Saussie

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Haven't 100% figured the app out. When alerted I was under the impression you'd flick to the bluetooth/connection screen and disengage to kill (blue power button symbol on connect screen). I can't see any other buttons that appear or exist. Can you just tap the screen with the car on it and its disabled? Think I tried this and maybe the device screen is a bit iffy.
If so, that's nice.
A sub 3second disable with a screen swipe and disengage must be a pro move on the fly! Often wondered why they didn't put that screen at the front haha!
Post automatically merged:

Also wondered, after its announced the gun, does the 3 second timer begin, or is it ticking soon as you get a whoop whoop? Takes the chick 3 seconds to say the name of the gun before you've dropped your coffee, slammed it and swipe scrambled to disengage haha!

Last edited:

BestRadarDetectors

Manufacturer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Manufacturer
Reaction score
I wont be able to look into this until next week but have you tried using the kill button on the wired controller? Its usually a lot easier hitting the button on the controller than hitting the car on the ALP Screen.

Dragons

Breathing fire
Advanced User
Reaction score
I wont be able to look into this until next week but have you tried using the kill button on the wired controller? Its usually a lot easier hitting the button on the controller than hitting the car on the ALP Screen.
My wired control set hasn't worked properly in a while, I really need to replace it, though I have a v1 BT module as I remember it was either one or the other?

Saussie

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Have not used the controller yet but as I learn the system I am starting to favour the idea of it over the app.
Did notice it overrides the Bluetooth when plugged in.
Don't try too much yet. Let me try some things and see if I'm using it properly, but from memory, tapping the screen on an alert did nothing for me. I always swiped and disengaged the Bluetooth and had no controller. I presume that kills everything? What does the CPU do when this happens? I figure the system is deactivated completely (all but power)?

Dragons

Breathing fire
Advanced User
Reaction score
Let me try some things and see if I'm using it properly, but from memory, tapping the screen on an alert did nothing for me. I always swiped and disengaged the Bluetooth and had no controller. I presume that kills everything? What does the CPU do when this happens? I
Tapping the car normally kills the jam immedietly against a hand held but not Poli/S350..
Try testing again.

Saussie

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Hmmmm, thanks. Will do. Last time testing, did not matter where the car screen was pressed, nothing happened, However, unlimited jam time in testing might prevent this switch off via screen tap?

Dragons

Breathing fire
Advanced User
Reaction score
However, unlimited jam time in testing might prevent this switch off via screen tap?
That's exactly the point, it shouldn't disable the kill functionality.
Post automatically merged:

So, just for shits and giggles, I went outside and tested with my S10+ and iPhone XS Max alpconnect killed the jam right away on both phones and went into detection mode.

Last edited:

Saussie

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
That's exactly the point, it shouldn't disable the kill functionality.
Cheers, the thought came to mind that I'd possibly not tested under anything else or checked. I will do this in the morning.
I positioned my phone so I can poke it while my hands are on the wheel safely so not a huge effort the way I've been doing it. Only had 2 encounters so far this year. One scatter and the other I was front of the traffic pack, single lane head on. I killed and didn't get pulled over. Followed all instructions and tips taught by you guys. I did s**t myself a bit on the first true real life test, but basically drove within 10mtr of the trap Leo and then turned off in front, juuuust in case and for extra insurance haha! Leo seemed none the wiser.
So sorry to sidetrack but can't not give you guys credit enough for showing the ropes to upcommers like me, and fault finding stuff in threads like this. You're legends. I'll report back soon and let you know what happens for app comparison.

Last edited:

Saussie

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
OK,
Ran through the above and can confirm the screen tap method.
Sorry I can't share the same issue with you this time @Dragons
No tap on unlimited confirmed also unfortunately. Latest update too. All seems sweet.

deanoobaby

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
As I remember JTK works fine on the ALP control set, JTK also works fine via the app against a PL4 or Ultralyte but it isn't against a poliscan..
Its a problem to me because Poli's here are manned by OFFICERS not contractors, if I can kill the jam ASAP upon detection, I want it killed ASAP.
officers running the poli can be an issiue this means there will be some curruption ..or maybe there allowed to use the full features poliscan offers
dragons may i suggest a kill switch then
how paroiniod are you?

the poliscan has two high res camaras also can be switched to manual mode to bypass the speed trigger so fumbiling around touching phones not wearing a seat belt senarios ..... Pretty sure it states this in the poliscan manual but im old and rusty so please correct me if im wrong

Last edited:

Dragons

Breathing fire
Advanced User
Reaction score
It does, though my phone is placed is quite a discreet location even with those stated features I doubt it would give them anything to go on.

I'm not majorly paranoid, though I do have another way of killing it if needs be.

I don't think you are wrong @deanoobaby.

winterbrew

Poliscan Hunter
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I stopped using ALPConnect just for that reason, as in WA they started issuing mobile phone fines on top of poliscan speeding fines, using the close-up photo used to ID the driver. Same with facing a handheld, last thing I want to be doing is jabbing frantically at my mobile, whilst approaching the LEO shooting LIDAR.

Touch your mobile (in cradle, whilst not accepting/finishing a call) = $400 fine and 3 demerits

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samkuzma