Getting Started with V1Driver

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I just finished up a video going over V1Driver for people who want to get familiar with the app. It goes over the interface, plus some of the app's biggest features and benefits. I also run through a few of the different settings and options if you'd like to go in and start tweaking things.

Thanks to @mswlogo for creating such an awesome app!

Gsmoud

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hello, new user although I have being do my homework using the site and I have landing on purchasing the V1 Gen2. In reviewing the above video of the V1 driver app some of the controls reference the word 'Savvy', does that mean I will also need the 'Savvy' add on module to get the full benefit of the app? Thank you
Post automatically merged:

I think I answered my own question as I found this:

NOTE: This same benefit, muting based on road speed, is available wirelessly through the eSAVVY feature in our free app. However, eSAVVY cannot serve as a power source for V1 Gen2; use the Lighter Adapter or Direct-Wire Power Adapter.

Last edited:

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Right, it mimics Savvy’s low speed muting capability. You don’t need a physical savvy in order to use low speed muting using your phone.

mswlogo

Software Developer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
Right, it mimics Savvy’s low speed muting capability. You don’t need a physical savvy in order to use low speed muting using your phone.
Correct. But V1Driver will also leverage the physical OBD2 Savvy and can give you the best of both.

I personally prefer not use OBD2 Savvy because too many cars dislike stuff plugged into the OBD2 port long term. Service centers don’t care for it either. One of my cars doesn’t even have a real OBD2 port.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgazette