Colorado State Patrol Freq

johncookusa

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the CSP uses encryption for their normal radio communication? The reason is one of my last trips to CO from NE I was moving along about 25 over and did slow down as I was approaching a semi to pass, and there was the CSP waiting for me to go by. They then followed me and I am sure ran me through NCIC then took an exit ramp. More than likely the software they use will show how many times I get ran through their system, which I would like it to be none, so I want to be able to have a better chance of getting some conversation info/location from their communication on the radio. I run the Highway Radar app and that really helps but I need more data of traps etc.

robbyb413

I thought there would be beer
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score

V1Jake

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score

FoxStang

Sly fox, dumb bunny.
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
What V1Jake said. As far as encryption, the CSP is not using it. When you follow the link for the Colorado DTRS system and scroll down to Colorado State Patrol Talkgroups, you'll see a column for "Mode". The "D" stands for "Digital", where "DE" would be "Digital Encrypted". Whatever scanner you get, be sure it is capable of following trunked radio systems.

johncookusa

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
What V1Jake said. As far as encryption, the CSP is not using it. When you follow the link for the Colorado DTRS system and scroll down to Colorado State Patrol Talkgroups, you'll see a column for "Mode". The "D" stands for "Digital", where "DE" would be "Digital Encrypted". Whatever scanner you get, be sure it is capable of following trunked radio systems.
Much appreciated for all this information.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvfd