ANY info about Theia that can be shared?

CarefulDriver

Wiping dust of R1
Beginner User
Reaction score
Will we see the video this weekend? ;)

SwankPeRFection

Corgi Lovers
Beginner User
Reaction score
Do you guys have any dimensions on footprint or anything you can share? (Impatiently waiting on FCC docs.)

SwankPeRFection

Corgi Lovers
Beginner User
Reaction score
Radenso says similar dimensions to a Max 360C.

Hmmm, why is it that the horn and board design look bigger than that in videos then? By bigger I mean longer. I’ve been trying to catch up and watch all the vids put out so far, so maybe I missed a size comparison somewhere...

Godowsky17

Advanced User
Reaction score
Hmmm, why is it that the horn and board design look bigger than that in videos then? By bigger I mean longer. I’ve been trying to catch up and watch all the vids put out so far, so maybe I missed a size comparison somewhere...
He did say it would be longer but only by a few millimeters.

Heywood

Learning Something New, Still Dying Stupid
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I think he wrote earlier that it might be comparable to a couple of stacked S-10 Galaxy phones. That might give you the length?

The horn would give you the width. You can see the horn in a few of his videos.
So that horn that was shown, sitting on top of a Galaxy Phone.

So using that information, I’d say longer than the 360C, but slimmer, maybe... gotta put a speaker in there.

Randy at Radenso

beyond radar.
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Will we see the video this weekend? ;)

If you subscribe to our YouTube channel, you will get a notification when a video is uploaded.

With COVID-19 it has been extremely difficult to make videos. Also, would your rather time be spent finishing Theia development or making more videos?

Do you guys have any dimensions on footprint or anything you can share? (Impatiently waiting on FCC docs.)

Please check the Radenso Theia FAQ on our website and the videos we have posted on our YouTube channel. I see you are still new to RDF. Many of your questions have been touched on already.

G37X Jockey

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
If you subscribe to our YouTube channel, you will get a notification when a video is uploaded.

With COVID-19 it has been extremely difficult to make videos. Also, would your rather time be spent finishing Theia development or making more videos?

Please check the Radenso Theia FAQ on our website and the videos we have posted on our YouTube channel. I see you are still new to RDF. Many of your questions have been touched on already.
By all means Jon, concentrate your efforts on finishing Theia. She's the goddess we're all dying to meet.

CarefulDriver

Wiping dust of R1
Beginner User
Reaction score

Who needs that detector anymore? You will make more profit by selling those videos to Netflix :)

Bulletbling

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
The canadian peso's are killing me atm lol
Post automatically merged:

It would be fine if the difference was just the conversion rate, but it's not. There are also import fees and whatnot tacked on as well which causes the difference to be even higher.
Why do you guys charge high import fees? We are supposed to be friends, Canada and us in the USA! We don't pay any import fees or anything here in the states. :p

Paying import fees on top of the US dollar being valuable right now must really suck. I do feel for our northerly neighbors!

Maz3

Don't hate me just because I'm beautiful 🤣
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Why do you guys charge high import fees? We are supposed to be friends, Canada and us in the USA! We don't pay any import fees or anything here in the states. :p

Paying import fees on top of the US dollar being valuable right now must really suck. I do feel for our northerly neighbors!
If shipping by USPS there's no import brokerage fees as the package hands off to Canada Post.

It's the UPS, FedEx etc. that charge inflated brokerage fees to clear Canadian Customs, like $40 isn't uncommon.

I won't import by any form other than USPS/Canada Post because of the stupid courier fees.

That being said, I live close to the US/Canada border and I have a US mailbox which is great; except for COVID now closing the borders :lolhit:

Last edited:

F87SOURCE

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score

I know right we are supposed to be the best of buds ❤!
But like Maz3 said it's UPS and Fedex's crazy BS fees (brokerage, customs clearance etc) that hikes these prices up not really any imposed import fees by the gov't, and not alot of people like to ship via USPS and Canada post (which would avoid these BS fees) on high value items because apparently it gets lost easier. IMO I think that's wack since if something is shipped by USPS it'll go through Canada post and if we aren't at home then it will get put in a secure community post box or brought to your community post office which is a whole lot safer than dumping it at the door and not ringing the door bell, COUGH COUGH I'M LOOKING AT YOU FEDEX AND UPS.

But yeah otherwise not too much other additional fees, I mean the pro M is a bit more expensive here at visions when looking at a direct USD to CAD conversion but that is likely due to visions and their BS mark up's, and there is likely a small increase in price to cover the increased shipping from USA to Canada as opposed to domestic shipping within the USA and of course money that is spent on currency exchange.

Heywood

Learning Something New, Still Dying Stupid
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score

jsan

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I'm ready to pre-pay you guys $1000 and if it ends up costing less, then keep the extra cash. Just make me be the first one to get it. lol

Just got 13 photo radar tickets that were mailed out on the same day. Each is for like $100-$120. My detector kept malfunctioning and turning off, so the MRCD didn't detect anything. Apparently the photo radar truck had found a new spot on an overpass for the the first time and they'd been tagging me everyday without me realizing they were hiding back there.

Last edited:

Maz3

Don't hate me just because I'm beautiful 🤣
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I'm ready to pre-pay you guys $1000 and if it ends up costing less, then keep the extra cash. Just make me be the first one to get it. lol

Just got 13 photo radar tickets that were mailed out on the same day. Each is for like $100-$120. My detector kept malfunctioning and turning off, so the MRCD didn't detect anything. Apparently the photo radar truck had found a new spot on an overpass for the the first time and they'd been tagging me everyday without me realizing they were hiding back there.
That's another part of the BS with photo radar. The drivers doen't even know they've been tagged and they can build up a big list of fines.

At least with a real police interaction the driver knows and can decide to take it easy for awhile if the tickets are adding up.

Cash cow, nothing more!

BhamGuy

PSL +10
Advanced User
Reaction score

Somebody should pay you to advertise for them. "This is not an actor." lol.

Sorry about the tickets. Photo tickets are the devil.

jsan

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
When photo-radar trucks are parked on overpasses and they shoot down below or when they park behind bushes, its not to help with safety, its strictly to make money without the driver realizing.

Every time I have seen these clowns, they are never in a residential area or anywhere that could actually use a speed deterrent. Nope, they're always in an area where people are safely able to go 10-20km above speed limit, because the roads can handle the speed.

Deacon

TXCTG
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
The theory is that if the specter of big brother authoritarianism has its eye on you at all times, maybe you’ll be cowed into strict adherence to whatever number is painted on a sign.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olemil