05 WRX Rear Sensors for Poliscan/Jenopktik LIDAR

deanoobaby

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
@deanoobaby
Here you go: http://www.raletc.com/2015-raletc-lidar-receiver-sensitivity-testing/

It would be interesting to see someone do the same test with TMG
i could of told you guys years ago infact i think i did

laser sensitivity on AL products win hands down but LI was still king
Post automatically merged:

Big flat Zero on my own cars, though I have helped a couple of other guys setup their ALP systems, typically 2 rx sensors on the rear on hatches and sedans, so far on poliscan the results have been solid, no love letters in the mail.
I've never been involved with a big car like your discovery.

10 degree toe out seems to be enough to look after Poliscan AND still remain solid to a handheld, but now with the advent of the TX, while aimed straight should well and truly look after handhelds.

Again none of this is exact, it's anecdotal gained with experience and experience of others through time, also via info Tim and Paul have provided as well.

I'll have a look for that Mirage article once school is out today.
unsure if your aware dragons and revenuraser should be well aware is that in WA the poliscan can be any where up to 45 degrees mixed with heights

so having 5 heads on a rear isnt over kill its about trying to cover as many possible senarios of a poliscan set up

Last edited:

Dragons

Breathing fire
Advanced User
Reaction score
I've cited the wrong article, I'll have another dig tomorrow, from side of the road at 45 degrees the AL heads have something like 10 degrees to spare, if they are kicked out another 10-15 degrees it should be plenty.

deanoobaby

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I've cited the wrong article, I'll have another dig tomorrow, from side of the road at 45 degrees the AL heads have something like 10 degrees to spare, if they are kicked out another 10-15 degrees it should be plenty.
heights of a setup are sometimes over looked im aware the ALP had a wider coverage from there older AL products i think the G9 had 5 degrees more than there G8 and the ALP has it over there G9 cant remember how much from the top of my head

this is where LI had one over AL as LI had produced HP heads along time ago before the ALP was born

Dragons

Breathing fire
Advanced User
Reaction score
heights of a setup are sometimes over looked im aware the ALP had a wider coverage from there older AL products i think the G9 had 5 degrees more than there G8 and the ALP has it over there G9 cant remember how much from the top of my head
That's where the TX comes into play, it's transmit ark is stupid wide, I'd suggest high too.

deanoobaby

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
That's where the TX comes into play, it's transmit ark is stupid wide, I'd suggest high too.
fair call but for those who run reguler sensors have to work around things
Post automatically merged:

to run the TX sensors this means the GPS unit needs to be used ?

Last edited:

SilenceDogoodNinja

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
GPS unit might have slight delay but “arms” the system at 18 MPH (30 KPH) and it stays in detection only mode below that speed. I am yellow until 30 kph and then it arms blue above for protection. It is designed that way for use with TX to protect intellectual property.

in your example of school zone it won’t protect under 30 but will when you are over it

deanoobaby

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
GPS unit might have slight delay but “arms” the system at 18 MPH (30 KPH) and it stays in detection only mode below that speed. I am yellow until 30 kph and then it arms blue above for protection. It is designed that way for use with TX to protect intellectual property.

in your example of school zone it won’t protect under 30 but will when you are over it
thanks mate

i just dont like the idea of having something else that controls the system that may go wrong

SilenceDogoodNinja

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
thanks mate

i just dont like the idea of having something else that controls the system that may go wrong
Completely understand as I think many think the same way. One good thing is that once you are aware of it, it just becomes something you live with and generally you don't need protection less than 30 KPH.

Just have to be careful if you get hit by LIDAR less than 30kph as you are accelerating past it, as it won’t arm to defence. Have heard others discuss that, but hasn’t been something I have had to worry about yet. For me, the benefit of TX outweighed this limitation but others might have a different opinion!

hope that helps

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gsmoud