johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
What's new in this release?

* Option to not analyze flight paths of aircraft close to airports (PAWS > Advanced)
* Fixed HR Spot Custom heat map color changes not working properly
* 13 May 2020 camera database

JB

VariableWave

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Cool....

So, question.... Can you, if not already added, have two profile when connecting to Auto Link BT? ...and another on Speed sound alert.
I have JBV1 for the MC vs Car. Times the alerts and voice is toooooo loud in Helmet, and want to adjust per device. If so, I will hold my more request/question.

As always, thanks JB.... love the App, with and without my V1s and TMGs.

E2S2R

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
If you have two separate V1s, you can use dongle specific settings. When that is enabled and you connect to a device it creates an exported settings file with the name of the device. Any settings you change while is it connected will be saved for that specific device when you disconnect. Repeat the same for the other device and you can maintain two separate sets of settings for each device.

VariableWave

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
If you have two separate V1s, you can use dongle specific settings. When that is enabled and you connect to a device it creates an exported settings file with the name of the device. Any settings you change while is it connected will be saved for that specific device when you disconnect. Repeat the same for the other device and you can maintain two separate sets of settings for each device.

Using the same V1, different BTs... ear to loud on helmet, then too low on Vehicle if countered for other. Speed volume adjust sensitive be a nice feature to compensate.

VariableWave

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Audio.. V1G2 BT

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Using the same V1, different BTs... ear to loud on helmet, then too low on Vehicle if countered for other. Speed volume adjust sensitive be a nice feature to compensate.

Although dongle-specific settings will do what you want IF you use a different V1 dongle/device on the bike vs car, it can be complicated to set up and maintain. I may add an option to remember the last volume setting for connected BT audio devices and restore the previous level at startup.

E2S2R

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
One option is to buy a V1C-LE dongle and put it in the car and then under connection settings set the LE device priority to V1C-LE. Then you can use dongle specific settings. When you get in the car it will try to connect to the dongle first and when on your bike the dongle won't be there so it will fall back to the V1G2.

VariableWave

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Although dongle-specific settings will do what you want IF you use a different V1 dongle/device on the bike vs car, it can be complicated to set up and maintain. I may add an option to remember the last volume setting for connected BT audio devices and restore the previous level at startup.

Would a speed/GPS option be easy to add, like volume increase when moving faster? SVC ?
Post automatically merged:

One option is to buy a V1C-LE dongle and put it in the car and then under connection settings set the LE device priority to V1C-LE. Then you can use dongle specific settings. When you get in the car it will try to connect to the dongle first and when on your bike the dongle won't be there so it will fall back to the V1G2.

Making things complicated, as since using the same phone and RD, will not work in your design, since the V1G2 has built-in BT, as the output Audio is the deciding factor. Either, but two V1G2s or two BTs eliminating the internal.

Now, not making JBV1 complicated for my needs, but it is a nice, add well developed app to get lost in.

Last edited:

E2S2R

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Would a speed/GPS option be easy to add, like volume increase when moving faster? SVC ?

Making things complicated, as since using the same phone and RD, will not work in your design, since the V1G2 has built-in BT, as the output Audio is the deciding factor. Either, but two V1G2s or two BTs eliminating the internal.

Now, not making JBV1 complicated for my needs, but it is a nice, add well developed app to get lost in.

It does complicate things, but it does work. One phone, one V1G2, one BT dongle, two separate dongle specific profiles.

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
In the next update, JBV1 will automatically remember the media (music) volume levels for all Bluetooth audio devices connected for A2DP. If you don't have the app set to initialize the media volume to a specific level, it will be automatically restored to the previous level when a remembered device is reconnected.

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Is it possible to colour code the priority alert as well?

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Is it possible to colour code the priority alert as well?

It can be color coded. Check the following settings in Display > Themes:

Priority Alert Display Frequency
Orientation Arrow
Signal Strength Meter

You may want them all to be set to "Band", so they will use your selected colors for each band.

Up All Night

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Just when I think I’ve got a handle on the app and am starting to understand, I get no internet message, the app shuts down and restarts and it’s in giant mode instead of street view. I pull into a parking lot and can’t figure out if it’s been updated while I’m driving or if it’s the IOS 13.4.1 bug where hot spot drops out. So I reset everything, app starts up normally, connects to internet and goes back into giant mode and I can’t zoom in to streets. Hopefully the guide / settings / help video I’ve heard is coming will help.
IMG_6357.JPG

Posted from my iPhone using the RDF Mobile App!

Last edited:

E2S2R

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Just when I think I’ve got a handle on the app and am starting to understand, I get no internet message, the app shuts down and restarts and it’s in giant mode instead of street view. I pull into a parking lot and can’t figure out if it’s been updated while I’m driving or if it’s the IOS 13.4.1 bug where hot spot drops out. So I reset everything, app starts up normally, connects to internet and goes back into giant mode and I can’t zoom in to streets. Hopefully the guide / settings / help video I’ve heard is coming will help. View attachment 147518

This is happening because you have a PAWS alert and you have Auto zoom enabled under Alert Map. If you ignore that alert it will go back to street level.

To be more specific "Auto Zoom" at the very bottom of the "Alert Map" settings. This is not related to auto range.

Last edited:

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Just when I think I’ve got a handle on the app and am starting to understand, I get no internet message, the app shuts down and restarts...

It shut down when the wi-fi disconnected? Do you have any auto start triggers enabled, or are you starting it manually every time?

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score

I have this on my to-do list, but it won't be really soon. When I finish the next update (this weekend), I'm taking a break on new stuff and will address only bugs.

Normsky

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Sorry, nothing to add except that planes works the Eastside allot!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200514-153812_JBV1.jpg
    Screenshot_20200514-153812_JBV1.jpg
    600.1 KB · Views: 32

Up All Night

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
It shut down when the wi-fi disconnected? Do you have any auto start triggers enabled, or are you starting it manually every time?

Manual start but, once it’s running almost refuses to stop. Even when you hold shutdown. Working now, @ barber shop. Waze crashed on way here. They gotta release the IOS update / fixes.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ihx