V1G2 K Band Questions

singingwhodat

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Situation: I receive a lot of K Band alerts in my area due to Walmart, Walgreens, Grocery Stores, Convenience Stores, etc. I am running small “l” mode and also utilizing the V1 Driver app.

My question is how do I lessen the alerts without exposing myself to local Leo’s? I feel that this detector should not go insane just because i pull in to a Walmart parking lot. The local agency does use K Band so I for sure do not want to turn it off completely. I do have the mute volume down on 3 but it lights up like a Christmas Tree every single time. I attempted to lock it out on V1 Driver without any luck. assistance would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OBeerWANKenobi

This is not the car you're looking for......
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, you're going to have to configure lockouts with V1 driver:

Also check out the V1 Driver forum here.

As for the V1G2 itself, just make sure K verifier is on. You can also switch to "L", Advanced Logic Mode. That will help a little but door openers and stuff will still alert when you get close.

InsipidMonkey

Essential Monkey
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
but it lights up like a Christmas Tree every single time
I believe V1Driver recently added a "dark mode" that will keep the detector dark for muted alerts. Check out that setting after you have lockouts enabled.

singingwhodat

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I believe V1Driver recently added a "dark mode" that will keep the detector dark for muted alerts. Check out that setting after you have lockouts enabled.
I have been manually locking out the locations mentioned above but they still alert. Is there a setting that I am missing? Like “Lockouts Enabled?”

InsipidMonkey

Essential Monkey
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Moving to the V1Driver section for more specific answers.

mswlogo

Software Developer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
I have been manually locking out the locations mentioned above but they still alert. Is there a setting that I am missing? Like “Lockouts Enabled?”

Don't do manual lockouts. One of these days I'm going to attached a 10 question quiz before allowing manual lockouts.

How fast are you driving in said parking lots? Do you have Savvy Enabled. Savvy is PERFECT for Walmart Parking lots.

You should not have to adjust anything or do anything for places like walmart. Just time for auto lock outs. No waiting for Savvy. But you do need to confirm that your GPS is showing that it's accurate or it won't do anything.

singingwhodat

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I have the Savvy OBD2 set at 30mph. It almost seems like none of the said locations are auto locked-out. The speed limit is 40 on the road that I travel where the stores are located. Even when in the parking lots parked the detector is steady going off. I wonder if my GPS location is not being updated correctly due to something that I may have set incorrectly. I do not think that I touched anything in the GPS Section.

Bloovy One

125,000+ miles with JBV1!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score

mswlogo

Software Developer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
I have the Savvy OBD2 set at 30mph. It almost seems like none of the said locations are auto locked-out. The speed limit is 40 on the road that I travel where the stores are located. Even when in the parking lots parked the detector is steady going off. I wonder if my GPS location is not being updated correctly due to something that I may have set incorrectly. I do not think that I touched anything in the GPS Section.

When using V1Driver with OBD2 Savvy the wheel setting is reprogrammed to what V1Driver is set to. GPS Accuracy is less critical with OBD2 because V1Driver gets its speed from OBD2.

You need to look to see what V1Driver is displaying in these situations.

It will still need accurate GPS for lockouts (manual or automatic).

Also make sure you understand how Mute Volume works. Do you have Mute Volume down (most folks set it to zero).

Also don’t confuse Bogey Counter beeps as not being muted. You can change which Volume control controls Bogey Counter beeps (default is “annoying” and unnecessary with V1Driver because potential threats will get unmuted). V1Driver warns you if you have this set wrong and to change it.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgazette