FreedomPop $39.99 for 12mo 1GB/mo

Riptide

Recovering M3 Addict
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think they use sprint towers, I wonder if they can hop on tmobile now as well because of the merger.

MurrayB

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
The first review on Amazon says they use AT&T towers.

How much data does JBV1 typically use in a month? Would this plan be sufficient?

E2S2R

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Apparently they added AT&T in 2016

Post automatically merged:

The first review on Amazon says they use AT&T towers.

How much data does JBV1 typically use in a month? Would this plan be sufficient?
@Bloovy One used something like 800mb over 5000 miles with all data features turned on
Post automatically merged:

USSDA+Extension+Q22018.jpg

Last edited:

thanks

for all the fish
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I bought the 1gb service during some holiday for $35 IIRC... Running waze, jbv1 and ALP Connect average 2+hrs a day, no issues running out of data. So far so good.

E2S2R

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I changed one of my data-only phones to FreedomPop. It is AT&T, the APN is fp.com.attz

Speed test from my sofa is 10.6 Mbps down and 2.03 Mbps up.

nomore55

PSL +10%
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
E2, I had a discussion of my FreedomPop experience here: https://www.rdforum.org/threads/78164/page-3#post-1383705

The telephone portion of the service was terrible much of the time, I have up. I had a plan with 1GB/month to use with Waze. I never went over, but if you do any sort of regular traveling or have a long commute, that amount may not be adequate.

E2S2R

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Premium Member
Reaction score
E2, I had a discussion of my FreedomPop experience here: https://www.rdforum.org/threads/78164/page-3#post-1383705

The telephone portion of the service was terrible much of the time, I have up. I had a plan with 1GB/month to use with Waze. I never went over, but if you do any sort of regular traveling or have a long commute, that amount may not be adequate.
Thanks for the link. Yeah I wouldn't recommend using it for any phone/text service. It won't be the same as normal service. I actually use AT&T's prepaid service on the bike so I can make reliable phone calls if needed and I use Mint in my iPhone. If you only need data it seems to be a great deal at $3.33/mo.

Waze may use more data than Google Maps because of the extra graphics it shows. I'm not sure if Waze made the same optimizations that Google Maps has over the years.

@Bloovy One used less than 1GB over a 5000 mile drive with all JBV1 data features turned on.

nomore55

PSL +10%
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah, if you don't need/want the telephone service, it might be just fine. Part of my objective was to get down to just a single phone and phone number. I ended up signing with Consumer Cellular. That's been a mostly positive experience. (I've still got an iPhone on AT&T's pre-pay service as well.)

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theodore1972