Radar I/O on back road. No warning.

thebravo

Security
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I/O 35.5 on a somewhat rural looking road with terrain, that's about the worst combinations I would say... Even if you had a car a mile ahead that terrian might eat the signal enough that you wouldn't get a sniff.

DC Fluid

Planning ahead, always behind.
Advanced User
Reaction score
Using a junk yard for cover too so a vehicle doesn't look out of place.
I have a spot here where lately they park beside the gas station & hotel with all the parked vehicles, but can pull out onto highway in an instant.
Dead meat if they nail you with I/O as you come around the bend.

OBeerWANKenobi

This is not the car you're looking for......
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
IMO, you need to turn off the "Ka voice announcement" but leave "frequency announcement" on. "Ka band" just interrupts the ramp too much. You'll still get spoken frequency that way.

Nice brown shorts example!

DC Fluid

Planning ahead, always behind.
Advanced User
Reaction score
IMO, you need to turn off the "Ka voice announcement" but leave "frequency announcement" on. "Ka band" just interrupts the ramp too much. You'll still get spoken frequency that way.

I did not know that was an option.
Thanks,

Twi7ch

brap brap
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Videos like these help remind us we are not invincible. Have to refrain from really rowing the gears without a rabbit. Thanks for sharing!

Gatortotz

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score

This is a good recommendation, I'm going to try this out!

Thanks

VideosFromNH

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score

I noticed that too. The meter just sits there during the vocal announcement.

No shorts were harmed in the making of this video. But I had to remember to breathe afterwards.

milkman

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
No time to do anything. Thanks for sharing.

A Dee

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Almost like he is trying to blend in with all the work vehicles parked around him. Very sneaky...

jcaptchaos2

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Yep hate that, glad you were at the right speed

Ramsjam12

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I remember this is how I got pulled over one time, it was late at night and I wasn’t familiar with the area, driving 10 over the speed limit changed and I was going 20 over, me being the only car, he lit me and as soon as he flipped his lights on I was pretty much down to 15 I hit breaks so hard, I pulled over he had to drive past me turn around and come up behind me, I pulled the rd down he said do you have a rd he had my speed I said yes sir, he said I knew you did because I’ve never see anybody on the breaks that fast you have a gooood detector. Then we talked about his teenage days before he was a cop and how he used rd and then he said I’ll let you go with a verbal warning, but heads up state love to run on this road at night I wouldn’t try it. I told him thanks and went on my way... thanks to him he saved me 4 times, hit by state all the way home on that road.

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lopillo