Unmarked Toyota Camry LEO seen on I-77 SB in Statesville NC

USAir767

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Wanted to post this for NC members near Charlotte/Statesville area: construction zone white Toyota Camry with permanent tags. Unsure if he had radar or not or which department (Either Statesville PD or Iredell County Sheriff I'm assuming)

@Choose Life @Z06fan @GotWake @Kennyc56

Euurx

Cat Lover
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Wow that is actually really cool, so when is a prius unmarked happening?

GotWake

Speed Kills
Advanced User
Reaction score
Thank goodness it has permanent plates. You Just have to be careful.

Check this one out from Friday. The guy in the truck had done something to piss him off. There was some yelling and then he just walked back and left.

B09F731D-6171-4A97-BA83-9997CE0B54B0.jpeg

Last edited:

Z06fan

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Thanks for posting. I got hit with rear I/O coming around a blind corner yesterday in Stallings (small town near Matthews). I drive through Stallings a couple times a week and I've never seen them doing traffic enforcement or even running radar. Strange times in NC apparently! I'm starting to wonder if we're all going to start see a lot of agencies get pressured to write more tickets as the pandemic impacts their tax revenues.

sdrawkcaB

Defender of Light 📶
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
@fireparamed @BagNDrag @RRJ

Unmarked detective vehicles I’ve seen in SLC: Toyota Camrys, Toyota Corollas, a few Toyota RAV4’s, Dodge Caravans, lots of Ford F-150’s with Leer tops, tonneau tops, and tool bins in the bed, Ford Explorers, Ford Taruses, Ford Fusions, Chrysler 300C’s, and now some Chevy Silverados.

USAir767

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
One thing, I never see these vehicles running radar. I think many are detectives.

Yeah that's what I was thinking as well, but it's strange to see them doing a construction detail. Must've been short staffed or something.

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

v1fan

smeg
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

GotWake

Speed Kills
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yeah that's what I was thinking as well, but it's strange to see them doing a construction detail. Must've been short staffed or something.

Yeah, that is weird. They seem to always use marked cars in works zones just for better visibility.

GTO_04

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Thank goodness it has permanent plates. You Just have to be careful.

Check this one out from Friday. The guy in the truck had done something to piss him off. There was some yelling and then he just walked back and left.

View attachment 146995
Was this also LEO? Did it have BSM? Next thing you know they will be running I/O K Band complete with BSM as a decoy?

IMPD (Indy) detectives use Camry Hybrids. The Police Chief has one as well. They were involved in a pursuit the other night
but called it off due to the very high speeds for city streets. The suspect was caught later by a marked car, he pointed a rifle at the LEO and that was the end for him.

GTO_04

Last edited:

GotWake

Speed Kills
Advanced User
Reaction score
Was this also LEO? Did it have BSM? Next thing you know they will be running I/O K Band complete with BSM as a decoy?

IMPD (Indy) detectives use Camry Hybrids. The Police Chief has one as well. They were involved in a pursuit the other night
but called it off due to the very high speeds for city streets. The suspect was caught later by a marked car, he pointed a rifle at the LEO and that was the end for him.

GTO_04

It was a LEO. I don’t think he had any radar. I think the guy in the truck did something stupid enough to get pulled over I have no clue on BSM.

GTO_04

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
It was a LEO. I don’t think he had any radar. I think the guy in the truck did something stupid enough to get pulled over I have no clue on BSM.

My local PD decided to start using a totally unmarked Silverado (looks like a higher trim level) to run radar. I feel soooooo safe.
Well at least they are using a Stalker II instead of the low power HR. They officially have every available frequency of radar on the department. Yes they even have X band but have not seen it for a few years.

GTO_04

2018GTI

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I had one of these (Silverado)pull up behind me the other day where I live. I have no idea what PD is was (not local--locals here only use motorcycles for traffic). I am not sure if it was state police, but it was blaring 34.7 and pulled into the Federal Court House later. Scared the crap out of me. It was super stealth--couldn't even see the red and blues. Nothing.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tdelkins40