V1G2 with JBV1 question.

Hammertime

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I'm not sure what I did with my JBV1 app, but I set it to turn off the display on the V1- this worked fine. However, when I have signals, other than reading the frequency and then figuring out which band it is, nowhere on my JBV1 display does it state the band. Is there a way to make JBV1 show me the band when it gets an alert? Also, I know you are not supposed to do this, but I put up my V1g2 and V1g1 up at the same time today and drove around. The V1g2 out alerted the older version every time, very very slightly in K or X band, Ka totally went to the new version. My old one still worked well but had many more K falses from other cars. So even though I had to send mine back I would still take the new one first. No instant on hits so still not sure of that issue, but everything else I like the new detector better.
IMG_20200507_221715.jpg

VariableWave

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Looks like you have the "AutoDim" on JBV1 set to turnoff the display on the V1.

When it comes to X vs K vs Ka... familiarizing the numbers will indicate the Band being detected. Here you provide 24.xxx, as that is K band, while and 3x.xx is Ka. If you know that, for visual, then great and looking at Audio only, then.... In JBV1, there is an Audio Announce on Freq and Band. Check your Settings > Audio > Volumes ... Alert, Speech, Band Volumes.

Might need to provide additional Screenshots on the setup, work with @johnboy00 , or reset your setting to purge any issues by hitting the wrong selections to quiet the V1 world.

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
JBV1 shows the band of the priority alert when priority alert display is enabled, but it doesn't show the band in the alert table or overlay. Here in North America, the first digit of the frequency will tell you the band. 1 = X band, 2 = K band, 3 = Ka band.

barry

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
@Hammertime, I'm using the Alert Table only in JBV1 (not using Priority Alert) and color coding the background for the frequency info with my V1G1. Settings>Display>Alert Table>Frequency Background Color Coded. For this approach X band= green, K band=orange, Ka band=red and Laser=white. Will the V1G2 do this as well? BTW, this only works with the dark theme, but it looks like you're using that anyhow.

Color Coding JBV1 (1).jpg

E2S2R

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
@Hammertime, I'm using the Alert Table only in JBV1 (not using Priority Alert) and color coding the background for the frequency info with my V1G1. Settings>Display>Alert Table>Frequency Background Color Coded. For this approach X band= green, K band=orange, Ka band=red and Laser=white. Will the V1G2 do this as well? BTW, this only works with the dark theme, but it looks like you're using that anyhow.

View attachment 146869
Yes it works with Gen2. His have no background color because they are locked out signals.

Hammertime

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the replies. I made the adjustments to the JBV1, that program is so well thought out and has so many adjustments it can overwhelm me at times. I use it with an older Nexus 7 tablet so I have a nice large screen to see. I never thought about the 1, 2, 3 but that makes it quick and easy for me. I have very little K near me, 99 percent Ka, so now I know to quickly look for the 3 and the 2's in the 2 areas I know they are. I appreciate your help. I really don't speed that much, if I do it's usually by accident or a speed sign I don't notice. It's more like entertainment for me while driving. Honestly I feel sorry for the younger guys who drive faster as most do in our younger days as it is becoming harder and harder to beat the gestapo as time rolls on.:cool:

Last edited:

E2S2R

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the replies. I made the adjustments to the JBV1, that program is so well thought out and has so many adjustments it can overwhelm me at times. I use it with an older Nexus 7 tablet so I have a nice large screen to see. I never thought about the 1, 2, 3 but that makes it quick and easy for me. I have very little K near me, 99 percent Ka, so now I know to quickly look for the 3 and the 2's in the 2 areas I know they are. I appreciate your help. I really don't speed that much, if I do it's usually by accident or a speed sign I don't notice. It's more like entertainment for me while driving. Honestly I feel sorry for the younger guys who drive faster as most do in our younger days as it is becoming harder and harder to beat the gestapo as time rolls on.:cool:

In the example you first showed the signals were locked out so the frequency background colors were hidden. In addition to 1,2,3 you can tell simply by the background of the frequency which type it is. Red=Ka, Orange=K, Green=X/Ku. It might be faster than looking at the number.

In the next release these colors can be customized, but this is the color scheme in all previous versions.

Screenshot_20200508-232236.jpg

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
@Hammertime, do you typically use JBV1 with internet access? If not, there's a switch to get rid of that banner at the top. :)

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
just curious where can you shut the banner... no internet off?

It only shows that banner when you have no internet AND one or more features enabled that require internet. If you always have no internet on this device, you should turn off all the features that require it: Alert map, CSA, reverse geocoding, PAWS, weather radar.

InsipidMonkey

Essential Monkey
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
just curious where can you shut the banner... no internet off?
You can also use the search bar at the top of the settings menu to quickly find any setting.

Hammertime

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Thanks. I did not know you could turn it off, but I sometimes use my phone's hot spot to use those features so I just leave it on. Just easier that way for me than turning things on and off.

L4D44

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Now that I bit the bullet and purchased a V1G2 - can someone please "school me" on JBV1. I'm an iPhone user (already got V1 Driver) but I'm considering purchasing an Android phone and pairing it with my V1G2 if it really makes it that much better than iOS w/ V1 Driver.

I've read the description for JBV1 on the Google Play Store but I'm still wondering about the following:

Does JBV1 offer any Navigation? I know it uses Waze's crowd sourcing for alerts but if I want to use Waze-like navigation - does JBV1 have that built-in?

How much different is JBV1 from V1 Driver? Would it be worth getting an Android phone JUST for JBV1 if I already have V1 Driver for my iPhone (which I will never give up BTW, lol).

Looking for some suggestions from members who have used one or the other or BOTH with their V1G2. Thanks in advance.

SaratogaLefty

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I am also an IOS Apple user. I thought about going with the dedicated cheap android phone for using JBV1 but figured I would start out with V1Driver. I am so satisfied using V1 Driver I don't really see any reason to change. I use my iphone for CarPlay anyway so I can listen to Amazon Music. I run V1Driver in the background with Waze on the main car screen and Amazon Music on the iphone. Its perfect. I'm not really interested in all the additional features that JBV1 offers; I'm sure its great for those that are super "aficionados" of counter measure applications including running a dashcam to video their encounters, but for me, V1 Driver provides everything I need. I'm not putting down the significant contributors to this forum as I really appreciate everything they post here, but I'm just looking to avoid LEO encounters and V1 Driver does the trick for my needs.

Bloovy One

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Don't worry about JBV1 if you've got V1 Driver @L4D44.
JBV1 does not do navigation.

I'd say that there's a big enough difference that it might make the experience less pleasant if you are an iPhone user.

Bloovy One

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
The navigation still happens in Maps or Waze.
I once suggested that Johnboy00 could maybe do a transparent overlay map on top of the Waze or GMaps screen but he quickly pointed out the synchronization issues and mismatching zoom issues that would occur in the image. That's when he hinted at the live map he was already working on. :cool:
The better option for an Android user might be split-screen if they want to see both.

It's my opinion that a dedicated iPhone user (that sees JBV1 as simply an extension of a V1) is going to get frustrated with the Android differences so I don't personally recommend it.

Deadhead1971

Rock, rock, roll, Plymouth Rock, rollover
Advanced User
Reaction score
Before I forget, I had mentioned having problems in some thread about a month ago being able to hear the V1 Driver audio (frequency alert) while running waze at the same time. I did. I was not getting any V1 Driver audio while using waze. But it worked fine a few days ago. I don’t use waze in daily travel- once in a blue moon. It was probably some quirk setting. I think I went into waze, or V1 Driver, or was it IOS...:hmm:...hmm... can’t remember and made some setting changes. It works now.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karamany