? about pushing sweeps to gen 2 ?

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Bloovy One

one serious issue ,is there anyway to change the sounds of ka ,K because with my helmet on its hard to tell if im getting K or KA

hit because they are so close in sound. and im having trouble getting the sounds to Bluetooth to come threw my ear buds ??
I'm using JBV1 and have my phone B/T'ed to my helmet intercom system. The V1 will not communicate with earbuds directly.
JBV1 also gives you alert sound options. I use "porky" in the car for s**ts and giggles, and native Ka on the bike because it's clearer over the ambient noise.

CRAIG

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
so ear buds is a no go :(. I am using JVB1 or should i say trying lol ,but couldn't figure out how to change alert sounds

in it either. i went under audio and fooled with some setting but never found where i could change alert sound. i did find

a way to start app when i connected to my buds and would do a sound check and would hear the check threw buds

but no alerts threw buds ? im just going to play with it somemore . i only use radar when im on my bike , i drive a 4x4 so i

dont speed that much in it . thanks guys/gals

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
The airbuds should connect to your phone via B/T for audio OK. You have to have phone and media audio enabled for your B/T connection.
You can use demo mode to check for audio too.
Can you post a screen shot of your audio settings.
Alert sounds are in Settings>audio>Ka sounds>sound clips.

CRAIG

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I think i got if figured out, when i do a sound check it comes threw my ear buds , i did change the sound to KA redline not no hog

sound lol. I realize im from lower Alabama but don't want to hear a hog lol , thanks to all that's helped

at the bottom of the app it showes KA,K and what is KA , isnt that ka guard ?do i need that ???

probable fixing to go on a ride, a fast one lol , hope i dont hit a IO, ill just have to speed up lol

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Yeah, you really need Ka badly, if you want to avoid tickets.
Gen 2 does not have Ka guard.
PS. I like the hog in the car, it amuses me. Not on the bike though, it gets really annoying.

CRAIG

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
hows everyone doing? GEN2

I hope i dont loose no friends with this post, I took a long ride on my bike , ive never had so many KA falses. in my life

then the 1 LEO i come to It started alerting as it does very slow ,hes running CO . it was on a straight flat road ,this was night time

when i went by him about 10 feet from me the G2 still hasnt ramped up all the way?????? know when i passed him then it started

going crazy ramped all the way from rear . Im running big L no frequencies. my old G1 would have been going crazy . Can

someone please try to help me figure out what setting i have wrong. i went probable 150 miles on a straight road.

Thanks to all for any input.

everyone be safe over the holidays.

InsipidMonkey

Essential Monkey
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
know when i passed him then it started going crazy ramped all the way from rear
Sounds like he was running his rear antenna. Since the radar source was pointed away from you, the alert is going to be weak as you approach but the rear horn should hold the alert for much longer after you pass (assuming the detector isn't blocked too much by your body on the bike).

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
How is your V1 mounted? Any metallic objects in front of it? What model of bike?

CRAIG

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Sounds like he was running his rear antenna. Since the radar source was pointed away from you, the alert is going to be weak as you approach but the rear horn should hold the alert for much longer after you pass (assuming the detector isn't blocked too much by your body on the bike).
you are so correct he was facing away from me, that makes since now.

what do i need to change to stop all the KA falses ? dont remember my gen 1 falsing like this but i was running sweeps.
Post automatically merged:

How is your V1 mounted? Any metallic objects in front of it? What model of bike?
I have a Honda 2014 CBR 1000RR with tinted front shield but my V1 i have mounted in a ram mount that's goes in the hole in the

middle of my triple tree which most put phones in and i have it extended all the way up so its almost at the top of my wind shield

the KA falses are driving me crazy but they where in the main strip on beach blvd. where theres lots of stores. im running app in

my pocket i should go look at alerts ,dont it show you distance from the start of the KA's first alert?

thanks guys

Last edited:

InsipidMonkey

Essential Monkey
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
what do i need to change to stop all the KA falses ? dont remember my gen 1
What frequency are the falses? Are there any other devices near the detector (phones, cameras, radio, GPS, etc)? Since the Gen2 is much more sensitive than the Gen1, it can pick up weaker harmonic falses.

You can set custom frequencies in the Gen2, which are similar to custom sweeps and will allow you to ignore certain regions of Ka band. If you decide to go this route make sure you edit the existing sweeps and keep the K band sweep in place or else you will lose K band detection.

If the Ka falses are really excessive and fall in ranges that cannot be safely ignored with custom frequencies (and you have eliminated any other source of interference), reach out to VR and ask them to take a look. There have been one or two reports of detectors with falsing issues that were resolved after service.

CRAIG

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
What frequency are the falses? Are there any other devices near the detector (phones, cameras, radio, GPS, etc)? Since the Gen2 is much more sensitive than the Gen1, it can pick up weaker harmonic falses.

You can set custom frequencies in the Gen2, which are similar to custom sweeps and will allow you to ignore certain regions of Ka band. If you decide to go this route make sure you edit the existing sweeps and keep the K band sweep in place or else you will lose K band detection.

If the Ka falses are really excessive and fall in ranges that cannot be safely ignored with custom frequencies (and you have eliminated any other source of interference), reach out to VR and ask them to take a look. There have been one or two reports of detectors with falsing issues that were resolved after service.

falses, KA 33.749... 745... 776 ..785 ...778 .. 821 ..824 KA 35.801 in going to ask a stupid question ? shouldn't there be only a

certain range of K frequencies that is used that we could block out the rest ??? there are none of these.. phones, cameras, radio,

GPS, on my bike ,my phones in my pocket running JVB1 in background.

so if i decide to run sweeps or should i say frequencies will this stop some of my K falses's also ?

but remember a lot of my K false are coming from when im cruising the

beach blvd so those are probable stores and all the stuff that's alone the beach

Attachments

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I'd set up custom freqs of 34.400 to 34.900 and 35.400 to 35.600, if you face 35.5. Don't forget to enter K CF's as well or it will not alert to K at all.
You can box mute the 33.xxx band entirely if you don't have that in your area.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wrswartz