? about pushing sweeps to gen 2 ?

CRAIG

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
thank you members, Ive read a lot but just need to clarify where i read custom sweeps dont exist anymore? the way i understand this statement is when you pair JBVI to the Gen 2 the sweeps already push to RD? If thats the case seeing i will be on motorcycle will I have to connect app to RD every ride and keep connected to get sweeps? Or use L,l, A lower Alabama

JBV1

Thanks everyone for your help

Last edited:

Bloovy One

130,000+ miles with JBV1!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Hi Craig,

I'll try to put this in a nutshell real quick. :)

The Gen1 could be limited to scanning only the frequencies set in Custom Sweeps to speed up the scanning time per sweep. (And avoid false alert ranges on Ka.)

The Gen2 will scan everything in less that 0.004 seconds regardless. The Custom Frequencies generally only limits what the Gen2 will generate an alert for.

Many of us have instead used the factory default modes with the Gen2 and some people have set up Custom Frequencies when they find that they need to avoid a particular range that generates falses on Ka or even K.

I might suggest you use either A or small L mode. :)
You would not need JBV1 to run along side your Gen2 unless you wanted extra features. You could get a great deal of those extra features by letting JBV1 load in the background automatically though. :) No need to take your phone out if you'd rather not.

Last edited:

CRAIG

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Thank you so much, :)
So no need to stay connect threw JBV1,
but could connect then put phone in pocket so i could customize my alerts sounds to be heard and see l8ter after ride which alerts i was getting? and with gen2 it comes with head phone jack ?
Thanks Bloovy one so much

Bloovy One

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Yep. If you want you can also set it to auto generate lockouts for stores you pass frequently and stuff like that. Just keep it in your pocket and it can start and stop JBV1 when the V1 starts and stops. :)

Deadhead1971

Monmouth June 28, 1778
Advanced User
Reaction score
For those not an old-timer, “everything” means ka superwideband, in addition to X and K. Unfortunately running Ka superwideband opens the detector up to Ka falses in certain frequency areas- like 34.5 (which can be screened out by custom frequencies) and 33.8 (which should not be). I run custom frequencies to not alert to anything around Ka +/-34.5

VariableWave

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
With my Gen2, I have to Blacklist/Ignore 33.920 Ka, and hoping that I have pushed that to the unit. With Gen1, there really is not Custom Sweep to the 33.8 Ka world, only anything higher. say 34.2 and up 36GHz on selection.

Not sure the Gen2 kicks out the 33.8 selection as it is near null in my area, maybe an outlayer, but will test into the weekend with my Vzw LG V30 phone that sets it off to the 33.920 when the phone and Detector are within 9 inches. This is a major issue for me when riding the MC and the detector and phone area in the tank bag.

CRAIG

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Yea, i remember us not having to sweep 33.8 B/C it got sweep by the V1 settings?

i'm i reading this right we can custom sweep K band now? alot of our sheriffs are running k now them A-- h===s lol

to be honest im going to try to keep it simple but on that bike man if they clock me i cant stop im usually going so fast

they would hang me, but i never stop anyway lol. but i love just having the V1 myself . I do want to run app on phone in my pocket

and enjoy some of the features. can you lock out with just a push of a button on Gen 2 ??

I do want to thank you all for your help, I understand im not here all the time so im a out cast but thanks so much.

did any one say there's a 3.5 jack on V1G2 ????? hope so

Bloovy One

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
can you lock out with just a push of a button on Gen 2 ??
No. But after three passes of the same K-band signal at the same location with the same strength an auto-lockout can/will be generated. I currently have 1,752 automatic lockouts in JBV1. :)

LouG

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Yea, i remember us not having to sweep 33.8 B/C it got sweep by the V1 settings?

i'm i reading this right we can custom sweep K band now? alot of our sheriffs are running k now them A-- h===s lol

to be honest im going to try to keep it simple but on that bike man if they clock me i cant stop im usually going so fast

they would hang me, but i never stop anyway lol. but i love just having the V1 myself . I do want to run app on phone in my pocket

and enjoy some of the features. can you lock out with just a push of a button on Gen 2 ??

I do want to thank you all for your help, I understand im not here all the time so im a out cast but thanks so much.

did any one say there's a 3.5 jack on V1G2 ????? hope so
Gen 2 doesn't have custom sweeps as we know them in Gen 1. It has custom frequencies, a sort of super box muting system. Set the freqs as you would set OTB box mutes on Gen 1 and that's all that you'll be getting.

CRAIG

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
First i want to say thanks to all members for there help

Nooow lol got my gen 2, Ive done some reading, to run just K and KA I have to push sweeps to Gen 2? to have C c??

I want to get it to just scanning KA and K with JBV1 and i haven't found the simplest way to do this .

I want to get these 2 bands to scanning wide open then take my time and learn on the fly. Can i do this with little knowledge

and know how, also I think i read you can change sound of K KA and laser ? I done it on my Gen 1 but i havent fooled with none

of these changes in yrs and know with a new app

Thank you

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
First i want to say thanks to all members for there help

Nooow lol got my gen 2, Ive done some reading, to run just K and KA I have to push sweeps to Gen 2? to have C c??

I want to get it to just scanning KA and K with JBV1 and i haven't found the simplest way to do this .

I want to get these 2 bands to scanning wide open then take my time and learn on the fly. Can i do this with little knowledge

and know how, also I think i read you can change sound of K KA and laser ? I done it on my Gen 1 but i havent fooled with none

of these changes in yrs and know with a new app

Thank you
Your best bet is to get the V1 Connection app and just turn off X there.

Last edited:

Raf1919

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Hi Craig,

I'll try to put this in a nutshell real quick. :)

The Gen1 could be limited to scanning only the frequencies set in Custom Sweeps to speed up the scanning time per sweep. (And avoid false alert ranges on Ka.)

The Gen2 will scan everything in less that 0.004 seconds regardless. The Custom Frequencies generally only limits what the Gen2 will generate an alert for.

Many of us have instead used the factory default modes with the Gen2 and some people have set up Custom Frequencies when they find that they need to avoid a particular range that generates falses on Ka or even K.

I might suggest you use either A or small L mode. :)
You would not need JBV1 to run along side your Gen2 unless you wanted extra features. You could get a great deal of those extra features by letting JBV1 load in the background automatically though. :) No need to take your phone out if you'd rather not.
Unless you drive Genesis.. My car uses KA for its sensor causes falses so I had to segment to shut it up.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Bloovy One

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Agreed with Brainstorm69. Using Valentine's app is a good first start with the Gen2 and they have one for both Android and iOS.

Otherwise, check out this page. :)

Deadhead1971

Monmouth June 28, 1778
Advanced User
Reaction score
I haven’t looked on the new V1 G2 website, but the previous V1 G1 site had a page with the manual instructions to programming the V1, and I thought I remember a caricature of a man or entity with a screwdriver in his head or face, or was it a sheet metal or sheetrock screw in his head or something. Whatever it was, that is how one would feel after trying to program the V1 manually. That is why V1 Connection app is so easy to use and adjust settings with the push of a virtual button or slider.

Bloovy One

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
The Gen1 manual programming instructions were lengthy and full of various options. The Gen2 is much simpler by comparison. :)

InsipidMonkey

Essential Monkey
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I haven’t looked on the new V1 G2 website, but the previous V1 G1 site had a page with the manual instructions to programming the V1, and I thought I remember a caricature of a man or entity with a screwdriver in his head or face, or was it a sheet metal or sheetrock screw in his head or something. Whatever it was, that is how one would feel after trying to program the V1 manually. That is why V1 Connection app is so easy to use and adjust settings with the push of a virtual button or slider.
Ha, it's not so bad. Here is the current page with programming info for the Gen2 and Gen1:

CRAIG

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
1 Quick ? when i just took a ride and plugged in G2 and it was in the on position and in big L "using my car"

shouldn't it have been off and in A mode when turned on for the first time? the V1's i have purchased in past and after every FW

update mine has been off when returned. know i was off topic but im just curious. I used JBV1 and connected should i change to

V1connection?I know how to use the manually and turn them off with dirrections with man with screw in head LMAO.

im only going to need the V1G2 for my sports bike but i still dont need a bunch of falses running 140+

Thanks for any help or input
Post automatically merged:

I know I am off topic but i just have to ask was anyone's Gen 2 turned on when they plugged it up and also in the big L setting

also with X band already turned off???? what would be the reason for these setting already changed and in the on position

unless it had been returned and some how sold to me.

Thank you for any help with this. I just don't want to have someone else's RD

Last edited:

Bloovy One

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Wow! Craig, I am so sorry that no-one has seen your messages and replied. I myself have missed it until now and that was because I went looking for outstanding messages a few pages old. Sorry again! (Must have lost the notification last week)

1 Quick ? when i just took a ride and plugged in G2 and it was in the on position and in big L "using my car"

shouldn't it have been off and in A mode when turned on for the first time? the V1's i have purchased in past and after every FW
This is the new default mode that the Gen2s are shipping in. I'd recommend A or small L personally.

update mine has been off when returned. know i was off topic but im just curious. I used JBV1 and connected should i change to

V1connection?I know how to use the manually and turn them off with dirrections with man with screw in head LMAO.

im only going to need the V1G2 for my sports bike but i still dont need a bunch of falses running 140+

Thanks for any help or input
Post automatically merged:

I know I am off topic but i just have to ask was anyone's Gen 2 turned on when they plugged it up and also in the big L setting

also with X band already turned off???? what would be the reason for these setting already changed and in the on position

unless it had been returned and some how sold to me.

Thank you for any help with this. I just don't want to have someone else's RD
I don't imagine that you got a returned unit unless that's how you bought it. Again, the Advanced Logic mode is how they are being shipped now with volumes being set at 6 and 4. You can really easily reset to defaults using those manual instructions if you want. It won't hurt anything. :)

https://www.valentine1.com/the-v1-difference/v1-programming/

JBV1 can also change nearly all of these settings. It's possible that X-band was disabled by JBV1. :)

As far as the unit powering on when it gets power, it does do that if it was ON when power was removed. If it gets power, and then abruptly loses power right after (starter cranking), it goes into OFF mode. That is what has happened to many people.

CRAIG

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Bloovy One
I want to thank you for the response , i was kinda getting scarred when no one was posting about the issue but i saw a unboxing in a you tube video and when he plunged up unit it was in the on position and in the big L so that put my mind at easy

the old ones came in the off position then when turned on it was in A mode?

Thank you so much .

Im notice when i get close to a leo running CO its not ramping up until im with in seeing distance of him and it flat roads?

im running big L . sorry im off topic of thread maybe you can move my post to the proper thread????

one serious issue ,is there anyway to change the sounds of ka ,K because with my helmet on its hard to tell if im getting K or KA

hit because they are so close in sound. and im having trouble getting the sounds to Bluetooth to come threw my ear buds ??

I know its a lot of ? but im reading trying to find the answers also.

thanks everyone

Attachments

Bloovy One

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
:)
The V1 Ka sounds cannot be changed. Using an app with your helmet might work really well though. In JBV1 the Ka alert can be changed and a bunch of other stuff.

As far as using big L mode, I recommend you try small L mode for a bit. You will find that there will be less surprises with some K-band and X-band alerts.
:)

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CARTIndyCar