Options V1 Control - Interface

Up All Night

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Watching Vortex and mumbling to myself about JBV1s learning curb. Gotten most the way into it but it’s not auto locking out.
Vortex mentioned V1 Driver. So I’m thinking about looking at it.
IMG_6306.JPG

I see George has been updating
IMG_6305.JPG

But then I saw V1 Radar Connection Pro
Which doesn’t seem to be mentioned anywhere.
And it doesn’t look like it’s been updated.

Posted from my iPhone using the RDF Mobile App!

Attachments

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
But then I saw V1 Radar Connection Pro
Which doesn’t seem to be mentioned anywhere.
And it doesn’t look like it’s been updated.
There's been a couple threads on it in the past.

In short, $15 for an app with manual lockouts that lockout literally the entire band? Yeah, no thanks.

V1Driver is $10 for properly designed autolockouts, plus regular updates, V1 Gen2 support, Apple Watch support, and more.

mswlogo

Software Developer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
There's been a couple threads on it in the past.

In short, $15 for an app with manual lockouts that lockout literally the entire band? Yeah, no thanks.

V1Driver is $10 for properly designed autolockouts, plus regular updates, V1 Gen2 support, Apple Watch support, and more.
Thanks @Vortex !!

mswlogo

Software Developer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
@Vortex did you ever experiment with the new split Volume Control? I think it should take care of your volume variation.

But one thing I can't control is you might prefer different Volumes depending on PodCast vs Music or even possibly different Volumes depending on the Source Material. For example you might have a PodCast that is recorded low so you turn up the volume on the Car. Now you get an Alert and it's too loud.

There are tools out there for normalizing Levels of your Music Library but I don't think anything exists for Streaming or PodCasts.

In my Jeep that Had CarPlay I generally had no issues. It just worked. uConnect was a pretty impressive system. With the Tesla I don't have CarPlay and I did find I'm fiddling a bit. My wife's 2019 Volt has CarPlay but it's TERRIBLE implementation. I hate it so much I'd like to get rid of the car. That is totally independent of using V1Driver with it. Super buggy, clumsy and annoying. And it this was an updated year for infotainment. Sounds like crap too. Considering the Tesla doesn't have CarPlay it's a pretty awesome system.

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
@Vortex did you ever experiment with the new split Volume Control? I think it should take care of your volume variation.

But one thing I can't control is you might prefer different Volumes depending on PodCast vs Music or even possibly different Volumes depending on the Source Material. For example you might have a PodCast that is recorded low so you turn up the volume on the Car. Now you get an Alert and it's too loud.

There are tools out there for normalizing Levels of your Music Library but I don't think anything exists for Streaming or PodCasts.

In my Jeep that Had CarPlay I generally had no issues. It just worked. uConnect was a pretty impressive system. With the Tesla I don't have CarPlay and I did find I'm fiddling a bit. My wife's 2019 Volt has CarPlay but it's TERRIBLE implementation. I hate it so much I'd like to get rid of the car. That is totally independent of using V1Driver with it. Super buggy, clumsy and annoying. And it this was an updated year for infotainment. Sounds like crap too. Considering the Tesla doesn't have CarPlay it's a pretty awesome system.
Yeah I played with it for a bit, but it's been a little while so I'll need to go back and experiment with different settings and use cases some more. I'll have to doublecheck, for example, what happens if I manually turn the stereo volume down as opposed to turning the stereo off, something I do quite a bit.

mswlogo

Software Developer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
Yeah I played with it for a bit, but it's been a little while so I'll need to go back and experiment with different settings and use cases some more. I'll have to doublecheck, for example, what happens if I manually turn the stereo volume down as opposed to turning the stereo off, something I do quite a bit.
Stereo Volume affects all media Volume from the phone. V1Driver tries to play Audio as “Media” (that’s one of V1Drivers Volume Control’s). V1Driver does not know if your Stereo is turned down. When on CarPlay it’s almost always Media (except during a Call I think). If V1Driver isn’t sure if you’ll hear the Media it will use HFP. V1Driver is less sure when NOT on CarPlay and will use HFP more often. HFP has a Separate Volume in the RADIO for HFP (i.e. phone calls) And V1Driver has a Volume Control as well.

So there are FOUR Volume Controls. Two in the Radio (usually adjusted while that audio is active) and Two in V1Driver (for the SAME things). They do NOT over ride each other. They are combined.

So the Radio can be set low (on Media) or even muted independently of a Phone Call Volume (including the Ringer).

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Stereo Volume affects all media Volume from the phone. V1Driver tries to play Audio as “Media” (that’s one of V1Drivers Volume Control’s). V1Driver does not know if your Stereo is turned down. When on CarPlay it’s almost always Media (except during a Call I think). If V1Driver isn’t sure if you’ll hear the Media it will use HFP. V1Driver is less sure when NOT on CarPlay and will use HFP more often. HFP has a Separate Volume in the RADIO for HFP (i.e. phone calls) And V1Driver has a Volume Control as well.

So there are FOUR Volume Controls. Two in the Radio (usually adjusted while that audio is active) and Two in V1Driver (for the SAME things). They do NOT over ride each other. They are combined.

So the Radio can be set low (on Media) or even muted independently of a Phone Call Volume (including the Ringer).
I had a chance to try it out this morning and it worked great with CarPlay! Even if I lowered my radio volume, the V1Driver audio volume still went through normally. I loved that. :) Still gotta test with Bluetooth and without CarPlay, but this is looking really promising. Thank you! :)

SaratogaLefty

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Will all of this information be part of your upcoming video on using V1 Driver with CarPlay? I hope so as that is exactly how I want to use it. Waze on my main car screen through CarPlay with Amazon Music also Playing through CarPlay and V1 Driver on my iphone screen.

mswlogo

Software Developer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
Will all of this information be part of your upcoming video on using V1 Driver with CarPlay? I hope so as that is exactly how I want to use it. Waze on my main car screen through CarPlay with Amazon Music also Playing through CarPlay and V1 Driver on my iphone screen.
I wasn’t planning on a CarPlay specific Video but a Video on all this Volume stuff and CarPlay is probably a good idea.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgazette