Theia timeline

Hügel66

Manufacturer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Odds are very low that it will save you from Poliscan even if it can detect it. You need ALPs.
I think even ALP has problems to detect Poliscan because of the angle they are usually set up. There is a very short reaction time from detecting to kill zone if I remember correctly. I believe Theia will detect it and alert but you have almost zero time to react and adjust your speed

Pumanator

rawr
Beginner User
Reaction score
With AI and machine learning taking form in the countermeasures industry, what sort of ideas could be floated for enhancing laser jamming capabilities? Is it even necessary with ALP's current hardware?

Jon at Radenso

Manufacturer
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Manufacturer
Reaction score
With AI and machine learning taking form in the countermeasures industry, what sort of ideas could be floated for enhancing laser jamming capabilities? Is it even necessary with ALP's current hardware?
ALP does a great job right now. I am sure there are areas for improvement but I am focusing on radar right now. To be honest, LIDAR is easy enough where I don't think machine learning is really necessary. I think most of the advancements would be from more expensive optics and more advanced algorithms.

Godowsky17

Advanced User
Reaction score
I think even ALP has problems to detect Poliscan because of the angle they are usually set up. There is a very short reaction time from detecting to kill zone if I remember correctly. I believe Theia will detect it and alert but you have almost zero time to react and adjust your speed
Yes, but ALP can actually jam it giving you time to slow down and no radar detector will ever be able to do that. The ALP algo for Poliscan isn't perfect but it's pretty good and a hell of a lot better than zero protection.

VariableWave

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score

Dragons

Breathing fire
Advanced User
Reaction score
Depends on how they are setup, out west they seem to like using funky angles, but we rarely see that here, often they are placed in the median of a highway getting both directions in which case they are pretty well angled parallel with the road.
Those seem fairly easy to detect and jam, usually ~400-500m down the road, same can be said now for the Jenoptik S350.

Personally I would really rather see Theia a specific radar product in the first instance, it's super rare an RD is going to detect laser from behind a windshield soon enough to save you anyhow.

Deacon

TXCTG
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Personally I would really rather see Theia a specific radar product in the first instance, it's super rare an RD is going to detect laser from behind a windshield soon enough to save you anyhow.
Yeah I can’t imagine they’d hold up release for something like that.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Correct Map