V1 Custom Bluetooth Remote Display

akadeno

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Been using this daily in portrait mode and love it.

Found 1 small hiccup, or maybe a custom feature haha. Switched to rainbow mode today to see if I like it or just the regular red display and found that portrait mode + rainbow mode after muting an alert the display goes gray except for the signal strength bars. They stay in full color rainbow mode.

SquirrelMaster

Likes Unicorns 🦄
Administrator
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score

Found 1 small hiccup, or maybe a custom feature haha. Switched to rainbow mode today to see if I like it or just the regular red display and found that portrait mode + rainbow mode after muting an alert the display goes gray except for the signal strength bars. They stay in full color rainbow mode.
Whoops. I'll push an update later tonight to fix it.
Thanks for letting me know

thanks

for all the fish
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score

@SquirrelMaster Rainbow mode even when muted is the way it has been from the beginning even in landscape mode. At first I thought it was a bug, but realized it was a feature to easily to see the strength of the signal by colors!

SquirrelMaster

Likes Unicorns 🦄
Administrator
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
@SquirrelMaster Rainbow mode even when muted is the way it has been from the beginning even in landscape mode. At first I thought it was a bug, but realized it was a feature to easily to see the strength of the signal by colors!
Now that you mention it, i think it actually was a design decision....
I cant keep track anymore lol

larrymz3

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I ordered a hard wire kit for a usb c dash cam. Hopefully it works!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

larrymz3

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Got the hardwire kit in today and wired it up. Hardest part was fishing the usb cable behind the dash so it could come up next to the steering wheel.

Very happy with how it turned out and the remote display makes the v1g2 a truly better tool.

SquirrelMaster

Likes Unicorns 🦄
Administrator
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Got the hardwire kit in today and wired it up. Hardest part was fishing the usb cable behind the dash so it could come up next to the steering wheel.

Very happy with how it turned out and the remote display makes the v1g2 a truly better tool.

Lets see some pics!

larrymz3

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Here are a few. The angle is absolutely perfect - does not get in the way of seeing gauges/lights... yet is easily seen by simply looking towards speedo cluster. The display is hard wired to cig lighter fuse (using add-a-fuse) - it will stay hot for 6 mins after the car shuts off then the v1 and display power down.

image2.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:

RaggedEdge

RDForum owner and Rdtalk.org Founder
Administrator
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score

Do you have a link to what hardware kit you purchased?

larrymz3

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score

Hacker

Fat dumb & stupid is no way to go through life son
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor??
I'd like to purchase one. But I know you're backed up. Let me know when you have some for order. Thanks!! great job on it. Looks awesome.

distinctive

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Put me on the next batch. I can't wait to install this. Thank you for your hard work

SingleSix

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Have been using this remote display.

It is the ticket for nighttime.

And Mr. SquirrelMaster is to be commended for his patience in tutoring someone (me) that has no experience with APs, wifi and the alphabet of USBs

Thank you!

raab

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I decided to go down the DIY route, had this case 3d printed which just arrived today

Still waiting for the ttgo to arrive, however below is the 3d printed case that just arrived this morning:
IMG-4601.jpgIMG-4602.jpgIMG-4603.jpgIMG-4607.jpgIMG-4608.jpg

Quite nice to the touch, however the cap doesn't "snap" in place as the grooves didn't print out very well so will just glue that on

I've never had anything 3d printed before, nor even looked into who offers what. For the hell of it I went with SLS Nylon PA12, polished and dyed black via Craftcloud. The process was incredibly simple.

raab

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I believe to polish this particular type of plastic it'd be a chemical bath type thing

larrymz3

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Unless you just really really want to DIY I would recommend just purchasing @SquirrelMaster pre-built kit. It’s extremely well sorted out and works perfectly straight out of the box.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fc1kitchen