Newbie With Questions About V1 Driver

SaratogaLefty

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I have a V1 Gen 2 on order; just waiting for it to ship once they reopen. I just watched Vortex's latest video in which he spent about 10 minutes on V1 Driver benefits. I'm sold and will definitely be buying the App but I am confused about some things. I've spent a few hours reading through these V1 Driver Discussion postings but I'm still not clear about a few things.
1. Obviously V1 Driver does a lot more than the V1 Connect App. Both supposedly will connect automatically via Bluetooth and run in the background but I'm not clear if that is the right way to set it up or should I disable the V1 Connect App?
2. I live in Northern CA so there isn't much/if any K band in use in this area but I do occasionally travel to Southern CA or other states where K band is used. So I would like to have K band muted all the time but still let me know it sees it. I saw in one of the threads something about using the V1 Connect App to do this rather than V1 Driver App which led me to believe both apps are running simultaneously in the background. Is that correct and is that the best way to accomplish what I'm going to want to do?
3. I drive a 2018 Porsche Panamera. My iPhone 7Plus is mounted on the dash near the main center screen. Optimally I'd like to have Apple Carplay playing my Amazon Prime Music in the background with Waze open on the main car screen and V1 Driver operating on the iphone itself and announcing through the car speakers alert information. Not sure if this is possible?? Assuming it is possible Vortex did indicate it is confusing how to coordinate the volume levels and would appreciate any special tips on ways to do this.
4. Lastly, assuming the above questions, can you recommend how I should initially set up the V1 Driver App? What should be toggled on or off?

mswlogo

Software Developer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
1) I don't believe V1Connection will "connect" in background. It can now run in background but I don't think it will connect.
2) You could set a very short AutoMute time on K Band or a Wide Mute in Box that covers all of K band. You will sometimes get a blip on the V1 before it has a chance to mute the V1. You DO NOT want both apps running at the same time.
3) Yes, that is all possible.
4) The Defaults are carefully selected, except where noted above.

SaratogaLefty

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Okay, thank you for the quick responses. As soon as I get it I will try all of the above out.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgazette