Laser went off on R7 for the first time ever

penning10

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Got a laser alert today for the first time on my R7 after using for about 1 year. I looked around and didn't see anything but it was going off for like 5 seconds straight. Is there a hold even on a short blast to it alerting constant, or during the entire encounter? I was wondering if I was being locked in from somewhere I couldn't pinpoint, but as mentioned before I didn't see a LEO anywhere.

Z51VetteFan

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I’ve never had a false laser in my R7. My R3, laser falses just opening my garage door. I hate it. My R7 has encountered 3 laser occurrences, and all 3 times it went off, as per usual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jcaptchaos2

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Got a laser alert today for the first time on my R7 after using for about 1 year. I looked around and didn't see anything but it was going off for like 5 seconds straight. Is there a hold even on a short blast to it alerting constant, or during the entire encounter? I was wondering if I was being locked in from somewhere I couldn't pinpoint, but as mentioned before I didn't see a LEO anywhere.
I didn't even know I had one on my R7 as I was running it with my V1G2 and my V1G2 said laser but my R7 never showed anything, the guys that watched the video said they could here my R7 alert, after watching the video again I could hear what they were talking about but did not see anything on the RD
Post automatically merged:

I posted the video on the video sight

Z51VetteFan

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Laser isn’t uniforms strong point. If you want real laser, you need to get some parking sensors.

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
This reminds me of my R1's! Every radar test that @VariableWave and I have done, and there have been lots of them, he will always shoot me with his laser guns just for the hell of it and to surprise the hell out of me! As long as I'm running my V1 or Whistlers he would surprise me, but my R1's never once alerted to laser unless you shot it point blank and most of the time not even then! I finally got my front TMG G2 jammer heads installed and on our first out of state trip I got my first laser save in Va. of all places! My R1 decided to be a hero and finally get a laser alert at the same damn time and nearly drowned out my TMG alert! Of course now I have laser turned off!

Smason

What is a PSL?
Advanced User
Reaction score
I've never had a Laser false on my R1.

The Pope

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
This reminds me of my R1's! Every radar test that @VariableWave and I have done, and there have been lots of them, he will always shoot me with his laser guns just for the hell of it and to surprise the hell out of me!
😅😂🤣😅😂🤣 @VariableWave isn't the only one who likes to surprise you during testing...... 😜

Ok, back onto the OP's subject.
I've gotten laser alerts on my R3 several times, but never on my R7. In my case, it's due to where they are located within my vehicles. The R3 is about 4" off of the dash and in the center of the vehicle it's in. The R7 is up against the headliner and to the left of the rear view mirror (the laser sensor is being blocked by the headliner). Placement will determine a lot.

R4D4RUS3R

RADARUSER
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
I had one laser detection on my R3 from headlights I think in a parking lot or it was a sensor for adaptive cruise. It was a false no matter. Never heard the R7 but like you mine is as high as it will go into the headliner next to the mirror. High enough that the light sensor thinks its dark no matter the time of day. Ha.

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

To answer your question, the laser alert has a pretty long latch time to make sure it alerts for a long enough time for you to hear it.

XSWG

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I mount mine (R3 and R7) high on the windshield (behind my RVM) and I'd say I get a lot of legit laser alerts. Maybe 800 feet with clear view though, just enough time to slow down before I get hit. Saved me a couple of times at night when I couldn't see the speed trap.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

BMW rider

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I’ve had only one laser alert on my R7 and it was totally legit. It went off after dusk and gave me a quite a start ... it’s a tone I’ve not heard in a long time as I have the startup self test disabled. I was on a secondary road with a PSL of 30 MPH. A half block after the alert, there was the LEO, standing between two parked cars looking for revenue.

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
😅😂🤣😅😂🤣 @VariableWave isn't the only one who likes to surprise you during testing...... 😜

Ok, back onto the OP's subject.
I've gotten laser alerts on my R3 several times, but never on my R7. In my case, it's due to where they are located within my vehicles. The R3 is about 4" off of the dash and in the center of the vehicle it's in. The R7 is up against the headliner and to the left of the rear view mirror (the laser sensor is being blocked by the headliner). Placement will determine a lot.
Tell me about it! You 2 are a barrel of laughs to test with! Never a dull moment! It's good to have such good friends!

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyRCode