Remote Viewing Software Advice

croup

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I need some direction on what to get/use so I can help out my parents with their simple computer problems.....This remote viewing software scares me from folks that know what they are doing and my limited knowledge of the security risks.....I have seen them youtube videos of how you can do some whacked out things to folks when not being in the know (which I am not). Any advice is much appreciated...

thanks

for all the fish
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
TeamViewer.com free for personal use...

Twi7ch

brap brap
Intermediate User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I use TeamViewer. Works a treat and makes helping my parents with computer "problems" a breeze.

surprisinguy

Government can only give what it takes...
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Try "Anydesk" software or "TeamViewer" - I think Teamviewer is more polished, but Anydesk works ok too.
Both are free. I used to use Teamview until they realized I was a business, so I use Anydesk now.
Post automatically merged:

Lol.... not fast enough

sdrawkcaB

Defender of Light 📶
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I really like AnyDesk. I used to use TeamViewer, but now AnyDesk is my #1 choice at the moment. It's very simple to use and this helps greatly when trying to guide someone through installing it over the phone or email. That can be the most difficult part of support, is simply getting the person to help you gain access to their system so that you can troubleshoot whatever issue they asked you for assistance with.

Up All Night

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Google is your friend:
And I remember somewhere in Windows where it said ‘Ask a friend for help’ and you email the generated link to someone you trust.
Posted from my iPhone using the RDF Mobile App!

Beermonster

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I use anydesk now, was getting tired of teamviewer saying I was using it for corporate use.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgazette