BC Excessive Speeding Austin martin & Audi

Vancity23

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Its an incredibly beautiful part of BC and a fantastic winding highway. Nice cars they wont be driving for a while. Look at the gun that locked the speed...

1FB92BF0-39FB-468A-9666-CF4F0CF787EF.jpeg

SilenceDogoodNinja

SDN
Premium Plus
Intermediate User
Reaction score
There isn't too many areas there to get up that fast is there? That is nuts!

Twi7ch

brap brap
Intermediate User
Reaction score

There are a couple straight shots where you could hit 200 if pushing it hard enough.

edconline

PSL++
Advanced User
Reaction score

Lol in BC? I may or may not have been fairly deep into the 2xx’s in the mountains there many times.

G37X Jockey

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
If you're hit with laser at that speed, I don't think jammers can save you unless it's a super long distance shot and you've got great brakes.

Twi7ch

brap brap
Intermediate User
Reaction score
If you're hit with laser at that speed, I don't think jammers can save you unless it's a super long distance shot and you've got great brakes.

Agreed. Most of my laser hits have been quite close. Even with all my counter measures I still rarely push +40PSL cause the impound isn't worth it.

DocTJ

PSL + X= 100
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
They (Cops) seriously need to get a life and fight some crime or help out during the pandemic elsewhere. Go respond to a domestic violence complaint or the kids who are home with an abusive parent

Leave the people on the empty roads alone . 200kmh or 125mph is nothing for these cars. It’s an appetizer at dinner.

I hit these speeds daily on my commutes, no struggle. Geez

Oh wait that’s right. Revenue is down and our quotas aren’t being met. That’s how we police and keep the country safe. (If there was a Jack off emoji it would be here )

Glad don’t live up there.

Last edited:

samq45

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I can assure you that they do in fact work at 115mph, at less than 1000 feet. You can drop speed a lot quicker than you think, even without the best of brakes.

Maz3

Don't hate me just because I'm beautiful 🤣
Intermediate User
Reaction score
@ferius HIghway Radar would have shown they were in a very high risk area - hard to feel sorry for them.

Screenshot_20200421-094712_Highway Radar.jpg

It's not just about the skills of these two drivers, good or bad we don't know, and the capabilities of their vehicles, but the skills of everyone else on the road who are not anticipating the high speed of other vehicles. I learned that driving motorcycles. I could always bitch that the other driver cut me off etc., but more often than not when I thought about it with a clear head, my speed set ME up for the near miss.

Vancity23

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Not in the City limits no, but many locations you can do that speed easily and more...
Post automatically merged:

They (Cops) seriously need to get a life and fight some crime or help out during the pandemic elsewhere. Go respond to a domestic violence complaint or the kids who are home with an abusive parent

Leave the people on the empty roads alone . 200kmh or 125mph is nothing for these cars. It’s an appetizer at dinner.

I hit these speeds daily on my commutes, no struggle. Geez

Oh wait that’s right. Revenue is down and our quotas aren’t being met. That’s how we police and keep the country safe. (If there was a Jack off emoji it would be here )

Glad don’t live up there.
You travel at 166-188ks per hour everyday on the way to work?

Last edited:

RedRocket

Lidar Shootist
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'd contest the DESL reading in Court, that gun has been dropped w/ a hard hit on the left side of the H.U.D. It has a distinct slant to the rightward direction. I'd claim physical damage + misalignment of the targeting site.

DocTJ

PSL + X= 100
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
Not in the City limits no, but many locations you can do that speed easily and more...
Post automatically merged:

You travel at 166-188ks per hour everyday on the way to work?

Would you like me to show you ? (It’s on the freeway. Just to point out : most will travel the equivalent of 145kmh as the moving average at times. )

Last edited:

R4D4RUS3R

RADARUSER
Premium Plus
Advanced User
Reaction score
I had to do the math but I do that in my SUV on the interstate time to time and its less capable than those cars. They were busted for exceeding but the top speed was not that high. Not like some we see that were doing 150 miles per hour. Thats what, 241kph? I bet I hit 95-100 at times. Not if everyone else is way less than that but often its open, especially right now.

Last edited:

Gatortotz

PSL +5
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
These cars could easily hit those speeds during a pass on a single lane highway. Sucks to get busted but C2S is not the best place to play.

Smason

What is a PSL?
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'd contest the DESL reading in Court, that gun has been dropped w/ a hard hit on the left side of the H.U.D. It has a distinct slant to the rightward direction. I'd claim physical damage + misalignment of the targeting site.
Interesting..

Maz3

Don't hate me just because I'm beautiful 🤣
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I believe that part of the pre-enforcement testing is to measure the distance to a known object to verify the optics and electronics independent of the automated self test, as stated in this training manual on pages 31/32.

The officer would testify the internal self tests worked, and his manual testing per the instruction manual physically verified the laser was working correctly, all combined with the tracking history of the speed estimation being similar to the indicated speed reading, would further verify the unit was working correctly. I doubt a dent in the case of the laser would get much weight on its own.

Just my opinion...

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deags