Recommendations

Vancity23

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the alp. I have not heard of Audiolines. If you are there during the the install if possible take some pictures and less us know your thoughts on there work. Good to know other companies available to do these type of installs.

Corman

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Congrats on the alp. I have not heard of Audiolines. If you are there during the the install if possible take some pictures and less us know your thoughts on there work. Good to know other companies available to do these type of installs.
Audiolines is one of the installers the local alp distributor uses for his own personal car.
They are going to have my car for 2.5 days. I will try to get progress pictures taken for the hell of it and I will post them as I get them.
We are still a month away from that happening.

Maz3

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
2.5 days for that level of install is quite reasonable.

Twi7ch

brap brap
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase of your ALPs. Looking forward to seeing the end result!

Corman

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
After doing some thinking I decided to go with a uniden R7 , Blendmount mirror tap setup.
I ordered the blendmount BR7-2027 and mirror tap , used a 12.5% off coupon I found online, $234.50 Canadian pesos, that's $174.72 for our American friends, it's on it's way.

Visions Canada is selling refurbished units for $698 Canadian pesos, that's $520 for our American friends.
Or
A brand new one for $775.00 ( price matched) that's $577 for our American friends
I like the extended warranty options visions offeres. Warranty issues will be easier with them and if you don't use your extended warranty, they give you a in store credit.

Ebay had refurbished units after shipping and special handling, import charges and currency exchange, it was going to cost approximately $590.00 Canadian.

I was going to wait to see what theia was going to offer but realized I was not going to spend that kind of money on a radar detector. In the end I realized it was either going to be a R3 or R7.

Hopefully some of my Vancouver members can give me tips on tweaking the vortex settings recommendations even further, for our area.

I'll be picking one up today.
Post automatically merged:

It turns out if you order online with visions and pick it up at the store, there is a savings of $34.90 on that refurbished unit. I bought it for $664.00 Canadian plus taxes.

Last edited:

Smason

What is a PSL?
Advanced User
Reaction score
I might
After doing some thinking I decided to go with a uniden R7 , Blendmount mirror tap setup.
I ordered the blendmount BR7-2027 and mirror tap , used a 12.5% off coupon I found online, $234.50 Canadian pesos, that's $174.72 for our American friends, it's on it's way.

Visions Canada is selling refurbished units for $698 Canadian pesos, that's $520 for our American friends.
Or
A brand new one for $775.00 ( price matched) that's $577 for our American friends
I like the extended warranty options visions offeres. Warranty issues will be easier with them and if you don't use your extended warranty, they give you a in store credit.

Ebay had refurbished units after shipping and special handling, import charges and currency exchange, it was going to cost approximately $590.00 Canadian.

I was going to wait to see what theia was going to offer but realized I was not going to spend that kind of money on a radar detector. In the end I realized it was either going to be a R3 or R7.

Hopefully some of my Vancouver members can give me tips on tweaking the vortex settings recommendations even further, for our area.

I'll be picking one up today.

It turns out if you order online with visions and pick it up at the store, there is a savings of $34.90 on that refurbished unit. I bought it for $664.00 Canadian plus taxes.
I might do exactly that

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steveo56