johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
What's new in this release?

* Alert map orientation option (heading, north)
* 15 April 2020 camera database
* Miscellaneous fixes and improvements

JB

novarider

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Hey JB would you consider an option to allow CSA alerts (specifically police alerts) again at a chosen distance?

I have CSA set to 2 miles IIRC and I sometimes forget about the alert by the time I get to it. I know it makes a donk noise but I often can't hear it because of music. I'd prefer it to alert a second time like it does originally with the flasher or maybe flash and say police 1/2 mile ahead, something like that.

AllenDoc

PSL+6
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Hey JB would you consider an option to allow CSA alerts (specifically police alerts) again at a chosen distance?

I have CSA set to 2 miles IIRC and I sometimes forget about the alert by the time I get to it. I know it makes a donk noise but I often can't hear it because of music. I'd prefer it to alert a second time like it does originally with the flasher or maybe flash and say police 1/2 mile ahead, something like that.

I've wanted something like this also, almost like you keeping that Ka alert grey longer, 2 miles out on a confirmed LEO, I forget sometimes, confirm .5 mile reminder?

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
If screen flash is enabled for CSA, the existing audio reminders at 1 mile and 1/2 mile will be accompanied by screen flashes.

Up All Night

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Been holding off on this idea while reading and putzing / pushing buttons...
With what seems like a massive influx of new users, how about a novice mode button or a repertoire of canned profile that can be downloaded? The only thing that’s always bothered me is the if I turn this on or that off are there any possible negative repercussions. Sometime a little bit of knowledge is truly dangerous. Second thought - Always Dangerous.
(From the guy who just got a crash course in LMI & SQL and is doing remote server updates from home in his slippers & robe)
Posted from my iPhone using the RDF Mobile App!

Last edited:

LI2624

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Thanks for the map orientation option, JB. Your are awesome!

NVR2FST

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I have noticed that the "Highway Radar" app displays the PSL in locations where JBV1 does not. It also is quicker to update the PSL as it changes. This leads me to believe that the two apps make use of different databases to determine the same function. Would it be possible for JBV1 to use the same database as HR does?

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
I have noticed that the "Highway Radar" app displays the PSL in locations where JBV1 does not. It also is quicker to update the PSL as it changes. This leads me to believe that the two apps make use of different databases to determine the same function. Would it be possible for JBV1 to use the same database as HR does?

HR is probably using a map routing engine of some sort, with map matching, and perhaps is no longer using OSM map data (I don't know). I have limited time and resources (no cloud servers), so I probably can't go this route.

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I wish you would do an iOS version

No offense at all to you LaughingCrow. :) I wish people would quit saying that. He already doesn't rest as it is. ;)
Post automatically merged:

Hey JohnBoy, when I enter an override area, it now announces the override twice. Is that something intentional or something I have set wrong?

Last edited:

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
Hey JohnBoy, when I enter an override area, it now announces the override twice. Is that something intentional or something I have set wrong?

Exiting an override area is also announced, except when simultaneously entering a different area. Did you drive across a very narrow section of an area?

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
No. It's an immediate repeat and it has done it multiple places. I have the green areas showing on the live map.

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Software Developer
Reaction score
No. It's an immediate repeat and it has done it multiple places. I have the green areas showing on the live map.

I'll look into it.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyRCode