Is Beltronics STI Magnum and STI Driver still good?

Beetle

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Those detectors are completely undetectable. I have an sti magnum that was upgraded from a driver and the only reason I stopped using it was its lack of BSM filtering.
Auto scan tsr helps a lot on highway still excellent detector for California or places that don’t use k band.

Beetle

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
RDF geographical survey

L4D44

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Looking for a segmented Sti Magnum? Anywhere to buy besides fleabay?

SlickNYC

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
To this day i still use my sti driver (wire bonded lna) converted to magnum (but not segmented). I turn off X and K to make it usable in NYC - they only run laser and Ka here anyways. I also use an R7 in my other car for MRCD/MRCT for the speed cams.

spanky

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
I found one in great shape on E bay today so I bought it. Add it to the Redline/O family that I already have.

spanky

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
I have put th magnum in play for this weekend CHP max enforcement holiday weekend in the Santa Cruz Mts area where I live. It got a big time hit last nite on Hwy 17 south from the rear, CHP using Ka band as they do state wide. I was driving the PSL but it was at least 1 full min frm 1st alert before the CHP pulled up nxt to me to pass.

angrypenguin

SysOp
SysOp
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
These things are fantastic.

I mean, if you've ever driven around and went, "hey, where's the closest Mazda to me?" - the STI brothers will pick these off from 400km away.

Beetle

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score

I mean, if you've ever driven around and went, "hey, where's the closest Mazda to me?" - the STI brothers will pick these off from 400km away.

Post automatically merged:

Ontario is k band hell still .sti and redline o have turned into crying wolfs which is sad .

Last edited:

Bevan

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I recently purchased a beltronics sti magnum and sti driver, i live in Toronto and I hear from some people that they are still undetectable here, I know they are a bit old, (don’t know how old though) but does anyone know if the police can trace these ones or not?
Yeah my still works fine.

Beetle

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score

Magnum is a K Band cry baby.

Bevan

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Hello all.
Hay I have a bell driver STi.
And she won't pick up The KA band until you are looking right at the cops and I mean 5 feel away.
From there on she won't pick up shit.

On K band she is fine..
So dose anyone know what's up with it please.

Millwright99

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Hello all.
And she won't pick up The KA band until you are looking right at the cops and I mean 5 feel away.

On K band she is fine..

Hello all.

On K band she is fine..
Check out this post regarding your issue.

Your horn has desoldered..

Brilliant

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
That detector is good on a two lane highway but noisy so you can get lulled at times and think it is a false alert but on the highway it can be made to work knowing it's limitations.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gdubz