V1G2 "Ghosting" Issue and "False Alarm" PT Issues Discussion.

OBeerWANKenobi

This is not the car you're looking for......
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I found a local city LEO running C/O 34.7 yesterday while running the V1G2 and JBV1. On my way into down I was getting a weak signal that never strengthened and then suddenly stopped. As I got further into town I picked up the same frequency but just quickly and it was behind so I assumed he must have went down a side road. I made a few passes and had a lot of stationary false PT every time I got a blip of the cops 34.7. Eventually I found the street he was on and he had left his radar on and vehicle unattended so I made a direct pass by. Below is that portion of the JBV1 log.

Screenshot_20200413-100606.png

So what I'm thinking is that maybe this "ghosting" issue is related to the false alert PT issue. As you can see with any stationary K false, when you get a real alert in L mode, the filtered alerts will PT and all show up. I wonder if the other ghosted Ka alerts would normally be filtered but due to the bug, show up as ghost signals. Thoughts?

I can post video when I get it off my dashcam if anyone thinks it will help.

@Brainstorm69 @InsipidMonkey @RaggedEdge @croup @Deadhead1971 @----we need a testers group or something....LOL

Last edited:

croup

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
So what I'm thinking is that maybe this "ghosting" issue is related to the false alert PT issue. As you can see with any stationary K false, when you get a real alert in L mode, the filtered alerts will PT and all show up. I wonder if the other ghosted Ka alerts would normally be filtered but due to the bug, show up as ghost signals. Thoughts?

[/USER] @----we need a testers group or something....LOL

You have to think it ties together but can only assume without more testing....I sure started paying attention and noticing after @Deadhead1971 bench testing and seeing it play out in real time.....My G2, right now, is being used for other things ;) so want have much more input in the short term....

Last edited:

Deadhead1971

Rock, rock, roll, Plymouth Rock, rollover
Advanced User
Reaction score
This is just plain weird. A few weeks ago, I was running in L and custom Ka frequencies; there was a mobile Ka 34.7 “your speed is” sign on Main Street. This sign has been in this spot before. The G2 picked it up about 1/8 mile longer than my R1 has before. I am / was using V1 Driver, and it gave me the voice frequency 34.7xx readout as soon as the alert came in. This was a front arrow alert. When I went back later to look at the alert pins on the map, the very first pin showed 35.5 (not. 35.3 like yours) but the other alert pins were 34.7.

basically when the first alert came in, V1 Driver announced 34.7 but the first pin plopped on the V1 Driver map was 35.5. The sign is 34.7.

Police use 35.5 here but the timing of both signals at the same time is suspect. I now think the 35.5 was a ghost. Or could be an app issue.

Last edited:

GTO_04

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Looks like the firmware needs some tweaking, ie another "science project."

GTO_04

Deadhead1971

Rock, rock, roll, Plymouth Rock, rollover
Advanced User
Reaction score
Looks like the firmware needs some tweaking, ie another "science project."

GTO_04
Hope not. :mmmsmug: I got the impression from the interview that “science fair projects” were back-burner, low priority things. Hope this moves near the front of the priority list.

croup

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Hope not. :mmmsmug: I got the impression from the interview that “science fair projects” were back-burner, low priority things. Hope this moves near the front of the priority list.
LOL....You and your subtle ways, now V1 zombies are circling again.....Remind me if me and you ever hook up for a cold one to put my gear on and come packing....

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j0hnStam0s