Gen2 mainboard revision level

Bloovy One

"Today didn't have to end in eels"
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Hi all,

@InsipidMonkey asked me if I happened to note what my board's revision level was. I checked, and it reads:
15-26021 REV F 09SEP19

Since I'm on day 34, many, many power-up cycles, and 4,973 miles with this unit that hasn't failed yet, we thought it might be useful info. :)

I'm not suggesting that anyone follow what I've done. While it's a simple process to read this information inside the V1, some people are better off not opening up their devices. (They have other strengths in life) I will outline how I got there for those of you willing to take the risk.
  • Cautiously and carefully remove the 4 screws from the bottom. (I'm using a T6 bit, but I'm not certain it's the proper size. It's a little too wiggly.)
  • Slowly lift off the top panel. There's a foam cushion around the volume buttons and the rubber surface above the rear horn will have to be kept track of. Also, the speaker grille is loose without the top cover. Go ahead and remove the volume buttons by lifting them straight up.
  • Gently turn the bottom shell over while supporting the detector assembly inside.
  • Lift the bottom shell off of the detector assembly. Be careful with the display panel here. See attached picture.

The Revision info is on the board near the rear horn.
  • I recommend that you use an air puffer or air can to blow away dust as you reassemble.
  • Gently lower the detector assembly into the bottom shell. Be careful with the display panel.
  • Put the volume buttons back in, put the foam gasket back over the buttons.
  • Put the rubber surface back over the rear horn. (This is your third contact point when using the suction cup mount.)
  • Put the speaker grille back in.
  • Put the top cover back on. Make sure that the speaker grille is flush against the outside of the case.
  • Put the 4 screws back in. Tighten gently to a snug fit.

Attachments

• IMG_20200410_180029034.jpg
    IMG_20200410_180029034.jpg
    439 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

DocTJ

PSL + X= 100
Advanced User
Reaction score
Ifixit level : moderate ?

Thanks for this info man
Wonder how many revisions there are and wonder if someone who has the original already opened theirs, could tell us what it says on the inside (what revision and what date )

Holla

Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
May as well throw in a picture or two while you in there lol

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeadEyeSolo