Radenso Pro M Firmware update now available (US 22)- Merged with thread on how to Downgrade

yellowtibby

Shifter ZR4's number one fan.
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Maybe he's just tired of being the support guy for FW 22? If you want new redlight databases through Radenso I think you have to downgrade back to FW 19. I don't think you can just update the redlight speed cam database independently. Can this be fixed Radenso?

SwankPeRFection

Corgi Lovers
Beginner User
Reaction score
This ProM shit should be going away soon anyway with Theia being release and if for some reason it’s not, I think the right thing for Radenso to do is to provide the user with separate firmware and database updates and give them a support document with instructions of how to update them individually via that update app this user discussed earlier. While this may not have been the original supported way to do updates, it clear that if they want to continue (re)selling this hardware for a cheaper solution for the customer, they need to make sure they’re not selling them a crippled device. I’m sorry, but that’s the truth.

Heywood

Learning Something New, Still Dying Stupid
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Radenso does not control the IP for the Pro-M. Just as Uniden does not for their detectors

Those calls are made by the manufactures that do own the IP.

No matter what anyone asks for them to do, how much noise we make, including Radenso..... it’s not their call.

keefrto

Loving Alberta's response to cameras. #not
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
I want to thank @Randy at Radenso for the past week weeks working through a few red light issues around my hood. Fixes coming soon. No complaints from me at all around customer service. He listened, wanted to fix it and has done so. Much obliged Team Radenso

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I want to thank @Randy at Radenso for the past week weeks working through a few red light issues around my hood. Fixes coming soon. No complaints from me at all around customer service. He listened, wanted to fix it and has done so. Much obliged Team Radenso
Positive feedback seems so rare on the internet.
Love seeing RDF members giving the shout out where deserved, helping balance out the criticism that's so easy to throw around. :hatsoff:

xuanfen

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
For some reason, I will not publish any files about Pro m in the future. Thank you for your attention!

SwankPeRFection

Corgi Lovers
Beginner User
Reaction score
For some reason, I will not publish any files about Pro m in the future. Thank you for your attention!
What’s the reason? Did someone ask or tell you not to do it? You never shared why that is. If it’s your own choice (maybe because people weren’t grateful for your help) that’s fine, but I have a sneaking suspicion that someone told you to stop what you were doing and I’m not surprised by that bs tactic.

MikePA

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
You might want to explain why you are not or cannot publish files. Some of the more paranoid rdf members will immediately assume the worst and toss blame around without any facts.

DC Fluid

RDF Addicts Anonymous Member
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I think we should respect any decision he makes one way or the other.
His reasons could be personal to him or he wishes not to damage relationships he has.
There's nothing to gain pursuing this unless we want to start conspiracy theories.

Randy at Radenso

beyond radar.
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
I simply asked him that he not use Genevo firmware. It would complicate things for our support department and we would be unable to help customers with firmware from different hardware being used.

I have a sneaking suspicion that someone told you to stop what you were doing and I’m not surprised by that bs tactic.

Listen, I get you are new to RDF but saying things like this is just absolutely ridiculous and is totally disrespectful.

Last edited:

SwankPeRFection

Corgi Lovers
Beginner User
Reaction score
It’s not disrespectful Randy, if you’re not the one to cause this. The problem is, your owned says one thing and you say another. While I understand your reasoning behind what you wrote, what I asked is “Who told him not to post something beneficial to users?” He wasn’t posting Genevo firmware to use on the Pro M, he posted older firmware which you guys apparently have ZERO PULL with your manufacturer as to what firmware they should push out. The newest crippled a feature some users liked and you couldn’t do anything about it, based on your stance on the matter with the manufacturer, since you are just a reseller of the rebranded product. A user published a way to backdate the firmware and allow the users to make their own decision on what to run and why, due to personal choice. Jon had no problem with this and you apparently (I don’t think) didn’t either initially. That said, someone, you apparently, told the guy to stop posting firmware. He doesn’t speak English as his primary language, so perhaps your line of approach which him led him to just throw up his hands and not post anything going forward. I can’t speak for him, but the other user asked for a database upgrade, not firmware. Maybe you can’t upgrade the database without also the firmware (which would be stupid), but you’d think you’d be able to specify the existing firmware and database in the upgrade process and be able to remain static on firmware while upgrading the database. (This is how it should have been designed.) Either way, it’s crappy to cripple a product and then do nothing about it because your manufacturer made the decision for you. It takes control out of the user’s hands... and they’re the ones paying you the money for said product. It’s really as simple as that.
Post automatically merged:

You might want to explain why you are not or cannot publish files. Some of the more paranoid rdf members will immediately assume the worst and toss blame around without any facts.
Stop following my posts and making passive aggressive statements directed towards me. Funny how the mods don’t do shit against you and I’m not the only one who’s noticed how you seem to make these kinds of statements towards other users on here too.

OBeerWANKenobi

This is not the car you're looking for......
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Cheese and rice guys! Don't ya'll have better things to do than pick at each other on a Sunday?

1. I have no reason not to believe that @Randy at Radenso simply asked @xuanfen not to publish Genevo FW. Radenso encouraged @xuanfen to post Pro-M FW earlier.

2. @xuanfen is welcome to publish Pro M FW here as stated above.

3. There is a language barrier as @xuanfen 's native language appears to be Chinese and obviously ours is English. This makes for even more possible avenues for misunderstanding than the ones already created by communicating in text in general. It's possible that he's being misunderstood or Randy was misunderstood by xuanfen.

Please, all of you guys, drop it and stop being so touchy. Have a drink or something. If you want to know why @xuanfen doesn't want to provide FW then PM him and ask.

SwankPeRFection

Corgi Lovers
Beginner User
Reaction score
And that’s what I’m afraid of @OBeerWANKenobi. Since there is a language barrier, it’s possible Randy’s tactics scared the guy off on something he was doing to help people in the community. @xuanfen shouldn’t feel intimidated as to what he can and cannot do, especially since Radenso already told him publicly he could post it. Something just doesn’t add up, that’s all I’m saying. I have a feeling someone got wind of this, possibly even from the manufacturer, and they reached out to him. @xuanfen should post his reasons, his TRUE reasons for no longer wanting to post the Pro M firmware.

OBeerWANKenobi

ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Instead of speculation and conspiracy theories why not just ask him like I said?

That's enough in this thread please.

OBeerWANKenobi

ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I did ask him... publicly and even before today. He hasn’t answered.
So based on someone not replying to you (something that's becoming more and more the norm on this forum in regards to yourself) and the actual lack of any information, you're really just making baseless speculations that lead to questioning the integrity of others with no proof or good reason?

That's enough. If you'd like to take up this discussion further please do it via PM. The thread doesn't need any further derailment.

butthead123

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Ok! Maybe I got it wrong.

RADENSO_USA_2020-10-03
Thank you. You are very awesome. In new York they are planning to install 2000 red light cameras so this is especially helpful to me.

Last edited:

yellowtibby

Shifter ZR4's number one fan.
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Is there anyway for radenso to come up with a way just to update red light and speedcams without having to change firmware as well? This would take the ball out of @xuanfen hands since he is just providing these because he's a nice guy and gets nothing for his time. In all my other RDs I can just update red light and speedcam databases. Radenso seems to be the only one where you have to update both.

Reactions: H6G

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radar1972