Radenso Pro M Firmware update now available (US 22)- Merged with thread on how to Downgrade

Randy at Radenso

beyond radar.
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
A new firmware is available for the Radenso Pro M (US, Canada, AUS, NZ):

Link: https://radenso.com/pages/radensoprofirmwareupdate

Bug Fixes:
- Fixes voltage drop under certain operating conditions
- Red light and speed camera database now updated (4/8/20)

Please make sure you have the latest version the Radenso Pro Series updater program as well (3.3.4). If you have any issues with the firmware or need help updating please e-mail Radenso support at [email protected].

Thank you everyone!

MOD EDIT - 13th September 2020
This thread was merged with that started by @xuanfen
That OP can be found here: https://www.rdforum.org/threads/98802/post-1502038

Last edited by a moderator:

F87SOURCE

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Is this related to the pro m turning off and saying low battery when the car is in accessory mode? If so that occured to me recently and I thought it was because I haven't driven this particular carbon a bit and the battery was running low.

Heywood

Learning Something New, Still Dying Stupid
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Is this related to the pro m turning off and saying low battery when the car is in accessory mode? If so that occured to me recently and I thought it was because I haven't driven this particular carbon a bit and the battery was running low.
Weird.
were you hitting it with a radar gun at the time?

F87SOURCE

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score

Jon at Radenso

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score

No, that is probably legit low battery since your alternator was off. This was with specific alert instances that would cause it.

Jon at Radenso

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score

F87SOURCE

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
No, that is probably legit low battery since your alternator was off. This was with specific alert instances that would cause it.
I see, ok thanks for the clarification. I was just confused if I had experienced it or if it was indeed my battery.

chiang8

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I got the same issue when engine stop-start kicks in at traffic light. It didn't happen before the firmware upgrade.
Anyways I guess it's time to buy a new battery.

Sent from my SM-G9500 using Tapatalk

sdrawkcaB

Defender of Light 📶
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

MikePA

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Really!? Attowave or someone else helping with firmware development now for the Radenso product line?
This is not news. Radenso current line of RDs has always used off shore firmware developers. Jon has not been shy sharing his frustration with their responsiveness and quality.

winterbrew

Poliscan Hunter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
This is not news. Radenso current line of RDs has always used off shore firmware developers. Jon has not been shy sharing his frustration with their responsiveness and quality.

Yes, clarified here ;

Recently got an update for my Neoline XCOP-9100s, so the South Korean factory has been busy for Radenso, Genevo and Neoline.

Up All Night

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Recently got an update for my Neoline XCOP-9100s, so the South Korean factory has been busy for Radenso, Genevo and Neoline.
How’s the Neoline do against the bands the other companies are struggling with & BSM?
Posted from my iPhone using the RDF Mobile App!

winterbrew

Poliscan Hunter
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
How’s the Neoline do against the bands the other companies are struggling with & BSM?

I've not had real chance to test the latest 20 March update, due to working from home for the last few weeks, and not doing much driving now.

The RD circuit board is the same M.07 rev as the mid-hardware gen Pro M (RM87) / Genevo One M coupled with a dash cam, so performs very similarly to a Pro M / One M in BSM stakes.

Jon at Radenso

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
Really!? Attowave or someone else helping with firmware development now for the Radenso product line?

Genevo, Uniden, and Neoline have no in-house engineers. Radenso had no in-house engineers until the Theia project.

100% of the firmware of every single Uniden, Neoline, Genevo, and Radenso Pro M/XP/SP/RC M was done by two South Korean factories. One is Attowave, one is a different factory. Obviously we all have our own preferences and can request certain firmware features and order hardware with different specs, but ultimately we were/are all limited by the factory's resources and abilities. This is why I raised capital and spent a couple million dollars to transition Radenso into an engineering company instead of a marketing company like every other company besides Valentine.

I have been pretty open about this for years now, but people didn't believe me and just said I was trolling people by saying Uniden had no engineers working on radar. In retrospect, it is amusing watching everything happen exactly as I predicted a year ago.

Last edited:

aim4squirrels

Coming soon.....
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Genevo, Uniden, and Neoline have no in-house engineers. Radenso had no in-house engineers until the Theia project.

100% of the firmware of every single Uniden, Neoline, Genevo, and Radenso Pro M/XP/SP/RC M was done by two South Korean factories. One is Attowave, one is a different factory. Obviously we all have our own preferences and can request certain firmware features and order hardware with different specs, but ultimately we were/are all limited by the factory's resources and abilities. This is why I raised capital and spent a couple million dollars to transition Radenso into an engineering company instead of a marketing company like every other company besides Valentine.

I have been pretty open about this for years now, but people didn't believe me and just said I was trolling people by saying Uniden had no engineers working on radar. In retrospect, it is amusing watching everything happen exactly as I predicted a year ago.

synistyr

I need more coffee
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I think I prefer the previous RLC database.

A bunch of new ghost RLCs got added other places too.

VR4pt0r

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I think I prefer the previous RLC database.

A bunch of new ghost RLCs got added other places too.

Interesting to see that happening overseas as well.

I’ve been having the same issue here in Australia for awhile now. Multiple repeated alerts with multiple pass chimes. I’ve posted about it before

Support at Radenso has been great about it. This new firmware and database reduced the amount of ghost alerts in my area but they are still present sounding exactly like yours.

I can’t imagine how frustrating it would be for Jon having to deal with 3rd party issues etc...

Last edited:

synistyr

I need more coffee
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
This database is really bad. Lots of false camera locations and even locations where I’ve reported there’s no camera there previously.

It almost seems like every intersection where there’s a warning sign (even though there may be no camera) they’ve added a RLC to the database.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

synistyr

I need more coffee
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
The detector has been super quiet. Not sure because I can’t find any Mazdas due to people staying home or they fixed it.

Am getting this bug though. Display set to show frequency.

Adjustments.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deathkillex