Radar V1G2 2 Miles Vs 35.5 Rolling C/O

OBeerWANKenobi

This is not the car you're looking for......
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
  • Staff
I had a nice detection with the V1 this morning. Unmarked car running 35.5 C/O in the oncoming lane. From first sniff it should have been around 2 miles over some decently challenging terrain.

The arrow transition was super late so that needs some work for sure and there was a bit of wonkyness picking up 1 rear antenna frequency along with another "ghosted" one, at least that's what my guess is. I've got some JBV1 logs and an alert map if anyone is interested.

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Taken to running two detectors now? lol

OBeerWANKenobi

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
  • Staff
Taken to running two detectors now? lol
Haha, nope, just the 1 but I need my tweet because it cuts though background noise well so I have JBV1 set to the Uniden sound since the V1 sounds too much like the Uniden K band alert and because of the poor I/O ramp on the V1, I need it to wake me up right away. C/O ramp as shown here is super nice though.

Twi7ch

brap brap
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Nice detection! That double beep would drive me bonkers real quick haha.

croup

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have loved the range on 35.5 since I see it most...Only one 33.8 gun in my daily commute and am less impressed...But its sufficient.

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
That was a great detection! That rear antenna hung on like a damn pitbull as well! I'm also running JBV1 with mine but I'm using the Redline-O Ka tones! I muted the V1G2.

ILS27L

Show Me State
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
WOW. Nice range.

OBeerWANKenobi

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Screenshot_20200408-183614.png

Screenshot_20200408-183319.png

milkman

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Nice Range! Thanks for sharing!

jcaptchaos2

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Thanks, excellent video and JBV1 pics

87GN

TXCTG Rollin' Steel Wheels============
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Haha, nope, just the 1 but I need my tweet because it cuts though background noise well so I have JBV1 set to the Uniden sound since the V1 sounds too much like the Uniden K band alert and because of the poor I/O ramp on the V1, I need it to wake me up right away. C/O ramp as shown here is super nice though.
I've noticed C/O ramping is so smooth. I/O not so much. Mike V and the boys need to tinker under the hood and do a lil' tune up! Range is awesome!

GTO_04

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nice save! Seems like there was a lag between the first V1 alert sound and the Uniden alert sound. For a minute there I thought the V1 had beaten the R7 on 35.5 GHz. Looks like VR has fixed the poor to mediocre 35.5 detection!

GTO_04

ARkaband

Safe Speeder
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Great pickup. Thanks for sharing

InsipidMonkey

Essential Monkey
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
The arrow transition was super late so that needs some work for sure and there was a bit of wonkyness picking up 1 rear antenna frequency along with another "ghosted" one, at least that's what my guess is. I've got some JBV1 logs and an alert map if anyone is interested.
There are no 35.5 units that can run both antennas simultaneously, so do you think he switched to rear antenna after you passed? It seems like he would've immediately lost you over that small hill after you passed him, so not sure why he would switch to rear antenna unless he didn't clock you as you were approaching (eg had same lane selected instead of opposite)?

The ghosting really makes it difficult to figure out what happened since you're not sure what signals are real.

Are you running custom frequencies?

OBeerWANKenobi

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
There are no 35.5 units that can run both antennas simultaneously, so do you think he switched to rear antenna after you passed? It seems like he would've immediately lost you over that small hill after you passed him, so not sure why he would switch to rear antenna unless he didn't clock you as you were approaching (eg had same lane selected instead of opposite)?

The ghosting really makes it difficult to figure out what happened since you're not sure what signals are real.

Are you running custom frequencies?
No custom frequencies. I think he may have switched after we passed as i was only picking up 1 frequency and 1 bogey until a while after we crossed paths. It could all be ghosting but I guess I would have expected that to happen at max signal strength just before we passed.

Here's the rear and/or ghosts.
Screenshot_20200408-231651.png

Screenshot_20200408-231640.png

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Correct Map