V1G2 alerts before R7

croup

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Always hard to accurately say which would have picked up signal first when running two detectors at the same time due to possible interference, where detectors are mounted, settings, etc....Still though enjoyed video and thanks for sharing...

Also what KA frequency 35.5, 34.7, or 33.8?

Last edited:

westwind77

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Still not liking the lack of intensity of the V1 alerting. It is accurate, and does not max out until you are on top of the LEO, but the LEO can acquire your speed long before that and needs to alert to indicate as such.

From running the Gen2 I have learned that the G2 ramp up is accurate to physically locate the threat but not accurate to indicate the threat risk/intensity. I want my RD to 'max out' at the time when the LEO could acquire my speed, and I do not care if that is one mile away.

croup

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Still not liking the lack of intensity of the V1 alerting. It is accurate, and does not max out until you are on top of the LEO, but the LEO can acquire your speed long before that and needs to alert to indicate as such.

From running the Gen2 I have learned that the G2 ramp up is accurate to physically locate the threat but not accurate to indicate the threat risk/intensity. I want my RD to 'max out' at the time when the LEO could acquire my speed, and I do not care if that is one mile away.
Makes two of us.....I know its all about learning how to interpret your detector but especially on K band for me its stomped the brakes at first peep for now....

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
@VariableWave has run his V1G2 against his R7 both together and apart and his V1G2 is doing the same thing to his R7 as well, both on 34.7 and 35.5. My V1G2 is also kicking my R1's @sses the same way both at the same time, and apart as well! I can't say how this will turn out on K band however because I haven't been hit with any yet. I do have some 24.150 K band sources that I've run against however and my V1G2 beats my R1's on those as well. As soon as I get my Genesis 2 setup back from @VariableWave , I'm going to run a K band test from hell and get to the bottom of this!

jcaptchaos2

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen this morning, this guy had someone pulled over in almost the exact same spot, yesterdays was 34.722 and today's was 34.726 so not sure if it's the same LEO or not. Also what was nice is I could see him on my JBV1 app both days but neither day did I see him on Waze. I will post the video tonight.

Normsky

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Sort of old news. Even when run separately.

Godowsky17

Advanced User
Reaction score
Sort of old news. Even when run separately.
V1G2 is slightly better on 35.5 and slightly worse on 33.8. Neck in neck on 34.7. R7 wins in K band.

The difference is quite slight. Range isn't really a big reason to choose one over the other.

F15

No radar/lidar tickets, 25+ years
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
OP, where were the two RDs stationed?

jcaptchaos2

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Ok here is this mornings video
Post automatically merged:

JBV1 Pic

Both days I seen police reported on JBV1 but not on Waze

OP, where were the two RDs stationed?
V1G2 on my visor, R7 Blend mount so right under my mirror

Attachments

Last edited:

milkman

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing!

thesilverbullet

Clemson Tigers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting - not enough difference for ios user to give up gps & freq readout.

jcaptchaos2

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
They both are awesome you can't go wrong with either, the V1G2 is better for me because I like things like JBV1 and love gadgets. The display on the R7 is better and the timing on when the arrows turn are much better on the R7, just my opinion, again if you watch my first video though my new V1G2 beat my R7 but running them together so as some say not a true test

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jesus359