Roadand Track V1G2 AD

SwankPeRFection

Corgi Lovers
Beginner User
Reaction score
I think I just figured out his “V1 for 2025” meaning.

But the more integrated applications of the technology, amounting to what’s known as a mild hybrid system, offer the greatest value — up to 70 percent of the benefit of a full hybrid at 30 percent of the cost, according to industry analysts. Continental projects that 48-volt mild hybrid systems will account for 14 percent of global new vehicle sales in 2025, as sales of vehicles powered exclusively by gasoline or diesel engines drop to 65 percent.

The irony is, that’s probably what’s contributing to the failure point in the new units. I could be wrong, but this is what I’m going with.

9C1Driver

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Car makers will step the voltage down to 12- 13.8 volts on these new 48 volt vehicles for accessory ports. The only way you would burn your cell phone or detector up is if this system in the vehicle malfunctioned.

SwankPeRFection

Corgi Lovers
Beginner User
Reaction score
Well, clearly, but that’s where his engineering on this came from. I’ll put money on it.

Signal Environment

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Hmmm I wonder why 2025?
Nice find! I just read the "2025" thing as a claim that rather than trying to equal the current state of the art they were looking to leapfrog the current generation of detectors, in the same way that the OG V1 was years ahead of its time.

BIGGER Dave

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
“Future upgrades via smartphone. V1Gen2 has a built-in Bluetooth connection for iPhone and Android devices. Our app is free, and future upgrades are easy via smartphone.”

I like it! :bravo:
Post automatically merged:

Not sure if this has been posted yet...

Road and Track V1 Gen2 Article

There's a New Valentine One Radar Detector
Radar detector addicts, this is big. We spoke with company founder Mike Valentine to hear more about the new product.

After nearly 30 years of selling (roughly the same) speed-trap-detecting units beloved by many, Valentine Research just released a completely new Valentine One, called the Gen2. It sounds very promising.

Valentine Research began shipments of the new $499 radar detector Tuesday. The Gen2 uses military-based radar technology for improved detection and is better than ever at sifting through false signals from driver-assistance tech. The new unit also has built-in Bluetooth abilities so it can connect to your phone.

"It's a complete departure in everything but the form, function, and looks—new everything," Valentine Research President Mike Valentine said on a phone call with Road & Track. "It has, seriously, all-new clean sheeted internal circuitry... never-attempted-in-the-commercial-space type technology."

There's a new built-in feature called "K-Verifier," which is specifically designed to fight the unnecessary K-band alerts that V1s pick up from advanced cruise control systems and the like.

Those useless beeps get very annoying.

"The K-band is grotesquely polluted with lane-change and crash-prevention radar. It's unbelievable," Valentine said. The Gen2 "has the best rejection of lane change radar in the industry."

The new detector uses "surface-acoustic-wave dispersive-delay-line" [SAWD2L] technology. Valentine explained that the tech is derived from what was used for military air-search radar in the analog days, and helps "lengthen the pulse" of the radar detector band seek.

"It speeds the heck out of sweeping the band so we can keep better track of what's going on," Valentine said. "It's hundreds of times faster than the old way of doing it."

The Gen2 also uses a low-noise amplifier, which Valentine explained is similar to what's used in small-dish TV satellites, to extend the detector's range.

"That is what reaches further into the noise to pick up weaker signals," Valentine told us.

The company president also explained that he's been working on implementing this technology into his devices for around 20 years, but previously struggled to make it affordable for consumers and easy to mass-produce. Valentine Research has also spent "months and months" testing the Gen2 against various cars with modern lane-keeping technology.

"There's thousands of miles of test driving baked into this thing," Valentine said.

Many of us with a heavy right foot have preached the Good Word of the Valentine One radar detector for years. My personal detector, which is at least a decade old and hasn't been updated since, has saved me countless times, and will undoubtedly continue to do so.

Though we don't condone speeding here at R&T, we called the previous V1 one of the "most useful trinkets" you can have in your car, and "the best at finding police speed radar signals."

There's no doubt this new unit will continue that legacy.

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
azaxeman