Upgraded From DFR6 to R1

Holton

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I just upgraded from the Uniden DFR 6 to the R1. I will be selling my DFR 6 very soon if anyone is interested.

However, I noticed after mounting the R1 windshield mount, that the front of the detector is slightly pointed upward. Is it me or has anyone else noticed this as well?

ARkaband

Safe Speeder
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Which mount are you using?

ferius

More arrows please
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
I just upgraded from the Uniden DFR 6 to the R1. I will be selling my DFR 6 very soon if anyone is interested.

However, I noticed after mounting the R1 windshield mount, that the front of the detector is slightly pointed upward. Is it me or has anyone else noticed this as well?
From you question I assume you're using the double suction cup mount as the other one is adjustable.
The metal of the mount is bendable and it is designed to be bended. So, you can easily adjust it by using just a little bit of force.

Holton

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
From you question I assume you're using the double suction cup mount as the other one is adjustable.
The metal of the mount is bendable and it is designed to be bended. So, you can easily adjust it by using just a little bit of force.
Yes, I was referring to the new large single cup windshield mount that it came with. Furthermore, I didn't like the distance the sensor was away from the windshield.

I went back to the small double cup mount and bent the metal upward. Now my R1 is pointing straight ahead and the sensor closer to the windshield! :)

ARkaband

Safe Speeder
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Yes that single suction cup mount can aim upwards with many steep windshields, mine included. Glad you got it all worked out!

Kennyc56

Ford Lover-I/O hater!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
You will love your R1! I have 5 of them and they are monsters!

RoadDogg

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Yes that single suction cup mount can aim upwards with many steep windshields, mine included. Glad you got it all worked out!
Mine too. On my R3, I just use the smaller metal mount with the two suction cups because the larger single suction cup mount would have my R3 antenna pointing upward some, and I just prefer my detectors pointing as straight as possible and “level” with the horizon. I am sort of OCD when it comes to that...lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ropchips

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Yes, I was referring to the new large single cup windshield mount that it came with. Furthermore, I didn't like the distance the sensor was away from the windshield.

I went back to the small double cup mount and bent the metal upward. Now my R1 is pointing straight ahead and the sensor closer to the windshield! :)
Just fyi....should you prefer a "permanent" mount, you can remove the suction cups and use 3M double sided super strength adhesive tape or vhb.

Sent from my

Holton

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Mine too. On my R3, I just use the smaller metal mount with the two suction cups because the larger single suction cup mount would have my R3 antenna pointing upward some, and I just prefer my detectors pointing as straight as possible and “level” with the horizon. I am sort of OCD when it comes to that...lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL I have OCD too. As what most would consider trivial, I consider a big deal!

Hope everyone with the R1 or R3 has upgraded to v1.53

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rush2112md