m

E2S2R

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok so I'm starting this thread so I can ask some questions with pics. I'm really loving this all btw. I had this alert today. I'm guessing its saying the khp aircraft was 18ish miles in the direction the arrow was pointing. For shoots and giggles I turned on the other app. But it showed no alerts.
The aircraft is 12.6 miles away, at 1600 feet, and both the heading and bearing are in the direction of the arrows.

ferius

More arrows please
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
Last edited:

Bossdad71

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score

ferius

More arrows please
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
awwww ok this helps me understand even more. Even though a tail number might be a cop, highway radar wont alert if I'm not in the kill zone?
On default settings the algorithm is designed to alert at least 1.5 minutes before the aircraft can actually see you. So if the HwR doesn't alert, it means that there is no cop above you now and it will take at least 1.5 minutes for him to fly into your kill-zone.

Such set up really makes sense where I live as aircraft enforcement is quite common here. I just don't want to constantly receive an alert about WSP flying somewhere above Seattle area. Instead I want to be alerted only when the aircraft can pose some danger to me. However, I think, it would also make sense to add an option to always show suspicious aircraft in the application, even if they are too far away, so wait for the next release.

Bossdad71

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
On default settings the algorithm is designed to alert at least 1.5 minutes before the aircraft can actually see you. So if the HwR doesn't alert, it means that there is no cop above you now and it will take at least 1.5 minutes for him to fly into your kill-zone.

Such set up really makes sense where I live as aircraft enforcement is quite common here. I just don't want to constantly receive an alert about WSP flying somewhere above Seattle area. Instead I want to be alerted only when the aircraft can pose some danger to me. However, I think, it would also make sense to add an option to always show suspicious aircraft in the application, even if they are too far away, so wait for the next release.
that's good stuff thank you

Bossdad71

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I hope I didnt come across like I was saying your app wasnt right, I was trying to figure out why it wasnt alerting. Hope I didnt hurt your feelings, wasnt my intent

ferius

More arrows please
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
I hope I didnt come across like I was saying your app wasnt right, I was trying to figure out why it wasnt alerting. Hope I didnt hurt your feelings, wasnt my intent
No, no. I've just accidentaly double-posted the response. And even if the app isn't right it is super important to report it anyway :)

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
Guys, please take HR questions to the HR section. Thank you!

Bossdad71

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Guys, please take HR questions to the HR section. Thank you!
well, if i had two apps running, and posted both apps showing the difference. anyway, i guess next time ill split it up..

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
well, if i had two apps running, and posted both apps showing the difference. anyway, i guess next time ill split it up..
No need to split it up, because I can't tell you why HR doesn't show an aircraft that JBV1 does. That would be a question for the HR section, but I think ferius already addressed this particular case.

Keep in mind that there's no universal, accurate "I am LE" flag on aircraft, and that no two apps offer all the same filtering options or implement seemingly identical filters in precisely the same way. Different apps written by different people are likely to provide different results--at least sometimes.

Edit: Was this thread moved, or am I going crazy?

Last edited:

Bossdad71

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
, or am I going crazy?
only you can he the judge of that :) my point was you said ask hr in that section, I started this thread to show how your app worked, I showed hr app, so yes, he answered my question. But since it was asked to be moved, that will include my post how your app was working good for me.

johnboy00

Geaux Tigers!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
only you can he the judge of that :) my point was you said ask hr in that section, I started this thread to show how your app worked, I showed hr app, so yes, he answered my question. But since it was asked to be moved, that will include my post how your app was working good for me.
I didn't ask for the thread to be moved. I just said that questions about HR should be asked in the HR section. I was actually referring to someone else's post, not your OP, but it doesn't matter now.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EMCCM