V1G2 vs Falcon HR (Low Powered K Band) C/O---GR Course

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Will be uploading all videos very shortly with the gun non gangsta style.....Re did test this morning only one run each all modes....Falcon was positioned vertically upside down on dash as @Brainstorm69 suggested....

First upload will be under video I posted yesterday of what I was seeing with the gun in G style...

It made a difference in L mode but not that big of difference....Enough I would have had a save...Still I will never run the Gen 2 in L mode...

More than likely it would have made a difference in other modes if the course (GR Course) was not limited....But it is an exact scenario that is used by local LEO's so the info is very useful to me....

I have more thoughts and will update my comments tomorrow....Wanted to get the videos posted today....

Thanks for all the input....
Post automatically merged:

OP has been updated with all videos

Thanks again for the testing! Very informative.

sdrawkcaB

Defender of Light 📶
ModSec
VIP
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I remember signal strength bring reduced when it's on its side, I can test that in a couple hours or so with measures signal strength.

Sounds like some video material!

hiddencam

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
How about this @RedRocket ?
F506515C-3A78-4595-A962-00B3B95B13F9.jpeg

DrHow

Cloaked
Banned User
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Will be uploading all videos very shortly with the gun non gangsta style.....Re did test this morning only one run each all modes....Falcon was positioned vertically upside down on dash as @Brainstorm69 suggested....

First upload will be under video I posted yesterday of what I was seeing with the gun in G style...

It made a difference in L mode but not that big of difference....Enough I would have had a save...Still I will never run the Gen 2 in L mode...

More than likely it would have made a difference in other modes if the course (GR Course) was not limited....But it is an exact scenario that is used by local LEO's so the info is very useful to me....

I have more thoughts and will update my comments tomorrow....Wanted to get the videos posted today....

Thanks for all the input....

OP has been updated with all videos
Vertical upside down? Right side up just like LEO would run. Oh well.

Brainstorm69

TXCTG - 2016 MOTY
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Vertical upside down? Right side up just like LEO would run. Oh well.
Hard to do right-side up when you don't have a second person. Should be the same.

DrHow

Cloaked
Banned User
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Hard to do right-side up when you don't have a second person. Should be the same.
I have one other item to bring up....

OP kill zone call out, based on my extensive testing with the HR in all kinds of RD, plus the accuracy of the GEN2 audio and visual alerting, he called out a kill way before the kill would happen. Even if on setting of 5 with HR. Based on the video, showing the hill to the left, and the angle of the HR, when the tone and visual goes solid, thst would be the kill zone. We are talking somewhere between the last two mailboxes before the turn off. There was plenty of warning. ALL bogy mode plus the others, alerts were just fine. Especially since the street performance of BSM, and other false alerts make the G2 very useable.

If this was dark night, and cop waited until kill zone to fire HR up, G2 (or any RD) would not protect. Hope the cosine angle would shave off 5-7mph off the true speed.

unless the OP has two people (one at the gun calling out a kill), his assumed call out in the videos, IMO were early. Plus even with the early call, still good alert on all settings.

Last edited:

RedRocket

Lidar Shootist
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
lol - at least you coulda made that Main lobe narrower in width to scam me.
I don't think it's a matter of the lobe shape, etc. (at least not totally). I think it's more a matter of the plane (horizontal vs. vertical) in which the the waves travel. At least if I am reading @Nine_C1's very informative post from ER back in the day correctly, and if there is nothing about the patch array antenna that makes it different. But if I am wrong (I'm certainly no expert), someone please correct me.

...Well, as I suspected- when held either way gangsta' style neither R7 or RedLine-O would alert. Right side-up or upside-down gave equal 5.5mi alerts. Btw, my long range Test sites are on high ground (both hilltops) w/ steeply sloping ground levels. I chose these two sites specifically to minimize "destructive interference" from ground refractions/reflections that would occur when these waves would meet the direct wave from the gun. The radar wave travels thru "free space" the whole 5.5mi, no buildings,no metal poles, no trees, no nothing. It also avoids the issue you brought up that @Nine_C1 talks about.

I'm interested in hearing what @Jon at Radenso experienced today if he did do some observations w/ this gun.

Last edited:

croup

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I have one other item to bring up....

OP kill zone call out, based on my extensive testing with the HR in all kinds of RD, plus the accuracy of the GEN2 audio and visual alerting, he called out a kill way before the kill would happen. Even if on setting of 5 with HR. Based on the video, showing the hill to the left, and the angle of the HR, when the tone and visual goes solid, thst would be the kill zone.

I have to disagree with you on this....I sat behind gun both days before testing...I could easily get speed of larger vehicles exactly where I called out my kill zone on video...

Smaller vehicles kill zone was closer as you imply...

Maybe there is a difference from what your used to seeing due to the position of radar vehicle is elevated from roadway...But one cannot say it is not realistic because local leo sits there and hands out plenty of tickets....

Last edited:

hiddencam

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score

RedRocket

Lidar Shootist
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
^ lol - truth be told, that's what the HPBW (Half Power Beam Width) of that 64-element ant. would really look like. :golfclap:

Hahns52

Ass Möde
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
I have a couple dash holders that appear to be unused for the handheld HRs, they're meant to be used with a wireless remote but you can trick the gun into constantly transmitting by holding the trigger as you drop it in the cradle.

I don't have any good way to ship stuff until this lockdown crap is over, though.

DrHow

Cloaked
Banned User
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I have to disagree with you on this....I sat behind gun both days before testing...I could easily get speed of larger vehicles exactly where I called out my kill zone on video...

Smaller vehicles kill zone was closer as you imply...

Maybe there is a difference from what your used to seeing due to the position of radar vehicle is elevated from roadway...But one cannot say it is not realistic because local leo sits there and hands out plenty of tickets....
Good to know. you are good with videos and editing (much better than me). Would be effective to see a video of the kill zone, what size and types affect the kill zone. Not essential. However, when dealing with the HR, and the rumors floating around on RDF regarding G2 (or other RD), would offer added context to your discussion.

I have a couple dash holders that appear to be unused for the handheld HRs, they're meant to be used with a wireless remote but you can trick the gun into constantly transmitting by holding the trigger as you drop it in the cradle.

I don't have any good way to ship stuff until this lockdown crap is over, though.
PM me. I will buy one. Getting tired of using various contraptions if I am alone.

For real tests, a two person team communicating (one with gun, one in target vehicle) in real time seem best minimum.

Last edited:

Deadhead1971

Rock, rock, roll, Plymouth Rock, rollover
Advanced User
Reaction score
Thanks. Looks like Advanced Logic L alerted about a 1/4- mile later than Logic roughly.

croup

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Thanks. Looks like Advanced Logic L alerted about a 1/4- mile later than Logic roughly.

04052020 testing.jpg

Best I can do....Alerts from bottom to top if this is correct....

A K ver on
A K ver off
l K ver on
l K ver off
L K ver on
L K ver off

Ignore very top and bottom one...

Also since I never passed source and just turned around do not what we can actually get from this...

Last edited:

WJS

A low profile can be the best defense
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Something else that should be consider is if any metallic matterial is in the tint band where the V1 is mounted.

Tallyho

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Thank for the testing @croup . Even when tests have to be re-run it's another way to hone your testing chops. Thankfully we have technical know how from the group and willing testers who mostly are open to feedback, as you have been.

Have you considered using the new RDTest app we saw Vortex used in his latest testing, it might be a huge help:

Also, for your consideration, it would be very informative to provide a video directly from the vantage point of the gun, similar to this:

croup

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Thank for the testing @croup . Even when tests have to be re-run it's another way to hone your testing chops. Thankfully we have technical know how from the group and willing testers who mostly are open to feedback, as you have been.

Have you considered using the new RDTest app we saw Vortex used in his latest testing, it might be a huge help:

Also, for your consideration, it would be very informative to provide a video directly from the vantage point of the gun, similar to this:

Yes..I have looked into RDTest app....Ordered an external microphone which I have recieved....Next on my list to learn the app...

Thanks for the input and info....I will take everything I can get because I am completely new to this.....All input as well as criticism is much appreciated and put to use...

Deadhead1971

Rock, rock, roll, Plymouth Rock, rollover
Advanced User
Reaction score
He’s a one-man tester for crying out loud. :mmmsmug:

I think @croup did a great job!!!!

I don’t need multiple angles or different camera shots and 100 runs. It’s hard to do videos and testing by yourself- there are limitations. You only have two hands, and you can’t be in 2 places at once.

multiple runs are good for statistics; in the real world, you really only get that one pass- no retakes.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dk919