Travel Router TP-LINK

Up All Night

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
When I’m traveling I’ll use the hotels WiFi and run my own router. Main reason is to get my chrome cast to work but, it’s nice to have my phone, tablet and computer on the WiFi and only have to log in once. I set up the travel router to look like my home network and everything seamlessly connects. Any way, my old travel router was only 2.4G and is now in my un-attached garage boosting my WiFi signal in the back yard. Had to get a new travel router and this thing is amazing. Just set it up and am testing it. It’s a screamer! Highly recommend it if you’re have a need.

TP-Link AC750 Wireless Portable Nano Travel Router - WiFi Bridge/Range Extender/Access Point/Client Modes, Mobile in Pocket(TL-WR902AC) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N5RCZQH/?tag=rdf0cd0c-20

5GHz: 802.11ac/n/a 2.4GHz: 802.11b/g/n

Posted from my iPhone using the RDF Mobile App!

Attachments

Last edited:

MurrayB

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for posting this I use an old Netgear23 that has served me well. . I will look into this I use TP Link powerline, routers, and mesh with good results

STS-134

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Interesting. Does IPv6 work properly on this? Since one device can use multiple IPv6 addresses in the course of ordinary operation, I would think that it wouldn't even need to do NAT.

BTW: Android 10 will happily do wifi to wifi routing, but IPv6 is broken for anything downstream from the phone (IPv4 over NAT is the only thing that works).

Last edited:

TurboDriver

One foot on the brake, one on the gas...
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I have some Ubiquiti radios that I pull WiFi from, either a Bridge or Router setup to extend Range. I have a couple Bullets, M2 Nanos and M5 mini dishes that get me a couple networks at home or when I can travel with to increase my options. Currently my WiFi costs are very reasonable. :mmmsmug:

Smason

What is a PSL?
Advanced User
Reaction score
How exactly does this work? You need to connect to ethernet?

Up All Night

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
How exactly does this work? You need to connect to ethernet?
It has the capability of wiring two different ways or you enter which network you want to wirelessly connect to, you scan the area and pick.
SSID(to be bridged)
Posted from my iPhone using the RDF Mobile App!

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theodore1972