Introduction

Signal Environment

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Hi All, introducing myself as per local custom. I'm in northern Indiana, where X band is sometimes a thing and laser still generally isn't. Started running a detector in 2008.

At that time everyone told me that Valentine was the best. Being a natural contrarian I did a bunch of research to find something better, but in the end was forced to admit that, yes, V1 was the way to go. And I absolutely LOVED my V1. With the arrows and the silky-smooth ramp it felt like having an extra sense that could read the airwaves. I ran it for about 10 years. At that point I was driving a bit less and the BSM scourge was getting unbearable, so I stopped running the V1 and didn't replace it.

Last year my foot started getting a little heavier and I decided it was time to get back in the game. Finally resolved to do the big V1 update, but just a little too late: they were "temporarily" out of stock.

So I did another round of research, and went with the Radenso Pro M. I was swayed by the Pro M having the best BSM filter since BSM had been my nemesis. Tempted by the R7 but the price was higher, I didn't like the display, and I was a little curious to see what life was like on the "no-arrow" side of things. I love the Pro M (quietness and super small form factor), but I'm excited by the V1G2 and Theia. Looks like it may start to become a full blown hobby...

Transporter

ModWight Transporter
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
In front of you but behind a Rabbit - Hot'Lanta,GA
Welcome to the RDF!

Theia should be a game changer especially where BSM and Fixed K are big problems.

Plenty to learn on the Forum. Enjoy!

milkman

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

InDecay

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Seems like you have read up quite a bit around here before officially joining the forum. Welcome!

Signal Environment

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Seems like you have read up quite a bit around here before officially joining the forum. Welcome!
Hah thanks, I sure did. Looks like you've got an ND Miata? Nice! (I do NOT have the car in my avatar, but it'd be cooler if I did ;) )

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Voughtrazer