Radenso Pro M Firmware update now available (US 21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

synistyr

I need more coffee
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Yes... but it’s better for testing speed cameras and MRCD. Less reflection. Less traffic congestion.

You can slow down and take your time without impeding traffic.

Lots of traffic today (Compared to yesterday) but weirdly almost no enforcement.

Only saw the one truck on 105 ST going to the hill.

Yesterday there was laser and radar all over Anthony Henday plus tons of photo radar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heywood

Learning Something New, Still Dying Stupid
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Lots of traffic today (Compared to yesterday) but weirdly almost no enforcement.

Only saw the one truck on 105 ST going to the hill.

Yesterday there was laser and radar all over Anthony Henday plus tons of photo radar.
Seen that. Did the whole ring road yesterday.

2 royal blue SUV ghosts trucks 1/2 mile from each other on the North Henday. Both running 34.7 and had customers. 1 Chev Tahoe. 1 Ford Explorer

synistyr

I need more coffee
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
Seen that. Did the whole ring road yesterday.

2 royal blue SUV ghosts trucks 1/2 mile from each other on the North Henday. Both running 34.7 and had customers. 1 Chev Tahoe. 1 Ford Explorer

Also saw a white Chevy Tahoe running Ka.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saunafin

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
After Laser sensitivity fix, this morning had 3 different false laser alerts on highway (36km route) and i dont see any police anywhere.
Before update (now US22) i have use and test Pro M about 6months, and never had any laser alerts.
I know that here Finland laser radar is really rare and rarely used.

Heywood

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
After Laser sensitivity fix, this morning had 3 different false laser alerts on highway (36km route) and i dont see any police anywhere.
Before update (now US22) i have use and test Pro M about 6months, and never had any laser alerts.
I know that here Finland laser radar is really rare and rarely used.
That’s easy to explain.

Up to US21, the Lidar detection wasn’t working.

US21 fixed that but there was a voltage draw issue, which was fixed with US22.

So yes. You didn’t have any Lidar falses. I personally have t has any laser false’s, but we don’t use stationary laser here like Polescan.

synistyr

I need more coffee
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Advanced User
Reaction score
That’s easy to explain.

Up to US21, the Lidar detection wasn’t working.

US21 fixed that but there was a voltage draw issue, which was fixed with US22.

So yes. You didn’t have any Lidar falses. I personally have t has any laser false’s, but we don’t use stationary laser here like Polescan.

It must be hilarious working customer support..

"I'm not getting laser alerts"

"Why am I getting laser alerts"

<decides against comment about V1 users and laser saves>

😄

andi

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
@Saunafin
In Europe there are a many cars with Laser based emergency brake Systems. My old Antilaser G8 falsed to them too, but most times with a "unknown gun" alert (triple beep). At end of 2016 i installed the ALP, and had since then almost no laser falses.

It got laser falses from this cars:
- Mazda CX-5
- Volvo V60
- Ford Fiesta / Kuga
- VW Up
- Skoda Citygo
- Fiat 500L
- Honda Civic / CR-V

Jon at Radenso

Manufacturer
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Manufacturer
Reaction score
One thing to keep in mind is if you are a user that has a car with interior technology like gesture control, or an IR or LIDAR emitter in the rearview area (like BMW), now that laser sensitivity has been increased this will cause false alerts. It will also cause false alerts to every other detector on the market.

There is no free lunch with laser on legacy detectors currently. Either you have less real alerts or more false alerts.
Post automatically merged:

It must be hilarious working customer support..

"I'm not getting laser alerts"

"Why am I getting laser alerts"

<decides against comment about V1 users and laser saves>

😄

I can hear Rin in support on the phone literally right now explaining to a customer that the toll booth is triggering his laser detection because it is now working.

Honestly man in the year it didn't work we have MAYBE one unconfirmed person that a LIDAR ticket with it over thousands and thousands of detectors sold. And even if laser detection was working I doubt it would have saved them. Having LIDAR detection as it currently exists in the industry in a radar detector is worse for everyone in my opinion: consumers get false confidence thinking radar detectors can save them, more false alerts, and we get more support calls. For zero benefit.

Theia can't get here soon enough, I am so tired of dealing with asinine issues which should be easily solvable like laser falsing.

Last edited:

Walter

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
So Theia will be here next Friday? That way when any body asks, it is not next Friday yet. lol Sorry I had to.

Saunafin

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
@Saunafin
In Europe there are a many cars with Laser based emergency brake Systems. My old Antilaser G8 falsed to them too, but most times with a "unknown gun" alert (triple beep). At end of 2016 i installed the ALP, and had since then almost no laser falses.

It got laser falses from this cars:
- Mazda CX-5
- Volvo V60
- Ford Fiesta / Kuga
- VW Up
- Skoda Citygo
- Fiat 500L
- Honda Civic / CR-V

Nice to know that.:hatsoff:
Hmm these false alerts are so extraordinary, usually at highway, mostly at light traffic jam which supports andi post.

One thing to keep in mind is if you are a user that has a car with interior technology like gesture control, or an IR or LIDAR emitter in the rearview area (like BMW), now that laser sensitivity has been increased this will cause false alerts. It will also cause false alerts to every other detector on the market.

There is no free lunch with laser on legacy detectors currently. Either you have less real alerts or more false alerts.

I dont have any gesture control, ir etc rearview area at my car.
I think these my all laser alerts are false, from other car or elsewhere.:hmm:
Like i said at Finland laser radar is really rare and rarely used, a few Pro laser II and Ultralyte LR, so its not big problem.

butthead123

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
With laser now being enabled from this firmware I now get laser alerts while driving through rest areas along the Garden State Parkway in NJ. While it was dark out I did not see any enforcement out there. Shrugs. I understand It is a trade-off though.

yellowtibby

Shifter ZR4's number one fan.
Intermediate User
Reaction score
With laser now being enabled from this firmware I now get laser alerts while driving through rest areas along the Garden State Parkway in NJ. While it was dark out I did not see any enforcement out there. Shrugs. I understand It is a trade-off though.
Are you talking about the ezpass readers that cause the laser falsing? I can't think of what else on the Garden State Parkway would cause laser falsing.

Heywood

Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Try FW US22.
This threads FW, US21, didn’t last more than a week.

Update and see if your still getting the issue on 22 and start a new thread.

Since US21 was just a blip, and there was the drawback of the voltage fluctuation, there’s no reason to keep running US21.

I think this thread should go the way of the dinosaur.

Last edited:

InsipidMonkey

Essential Monkey
ModSec
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
Closing thread as US22 has been released. Please see here:

Status
Not open for further replies.