V1 Case?

wgmontgomery

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Does anyone have the case that Valentine sells for their RD? If so, is it worth the money ($35)?
I need to get a 3 inch power cable and windshield mount (GF's car), so I thought that I would order a case. The price would be that bad if it wasn't for shipping...

surprisinguy

Government can only give what it takes...
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
There's a recent thread about the case - and others that will work also...

Deadhead1971

Three Sheets to the Wind
Advanced User
Reaction score

Up All Night

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Never mind

Last edited:

TomF

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I have one that I'll sell for $20 + shipping. I've never really used it. Valentine One charges $35 + shipping.

wgmontgomery

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I have one that I'll sell for $20 + shipping. I've never really used it. Valentine One charges $35 + shipping.
Ok...I'll PM you now.

wgmontgomery

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Got your PM, but didn't see the email notification until late. I'll reply to you fully later today (Thursday).
NP...Thanks

armoredsaint

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
just buy one from amazon for a lot cheaper and free shipping

thanks

for all the fish
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Honestly, the V1 case is great because it has a spot for everything you MAY NEED when you move to another vehicle...

wgmontgomery

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Amazon doesn't have them...thanks for the suggestion though
Post automatically merged:

Honestly, the V1 case is great because it has a spot for everything you MAY NEED when you move to another vehicle...
Although it is a little pricey (especially when you add shipping) I really like it. I'm sure that there are plenty of cases that will work I like how the VR case looks, how it has space for accessories and (if I am completely honest) the fact that it has "Valentine" on it!

Last edited:

larrymz3

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Any link to these Amazon cases? I'm looking for something to hold my unit as well.

wgmontgomery

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
...or I didn't see a VR case

Just for clarification: I am sure that Amazon has cases that are suitable, I didn't see VALENTINE 1 cases.

...are suitable, I didn't see VALENTINE 1 cases.
CORRECTION

...are suitable, BUT I didn't...

Last edited:

iazybandit

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score

Just for clarification: I am sure that Amazon has cases that are suitable, I didn't see VALENTINE 1 cases.

CORRECTION

...are suitable, BUT I didn't...
You won't see Valentine 1 cases or any OEM stuff on Amazon unless its offered by a 3rd party. From what I know or back in the days, V1 prevented people from reselling their products outside of their site. I think I tried to buy extra mounts and cables a long long time ago and I was denied. And reselling items on Amazon isn't worth it. Sellers buy at retail cost and in order to make money, they have to increase price. Why increase price when buyers can go to V1 directly for cheaper.

Only way to get V1 branded items is either through their site or through eBay, LetGo, OfferUp, Mercari or local sales.

Honestly, I wouldn't spend the money when like others have said, you can buy other cases that will be more cost efficient and will probably do/hold more. So as long its protects the unit and allows me to carry it around easily, that is all that matters to me. It's literally just branding.

I have a case that I probably bought for like $5-10 off eBay or something over 10 years ago. I don't think it was made specifically for the V1 but probably for a harddrive. Its not hard EVA molded casing but offers enough protection and on the flap cover, there is a little mesh pocket that allows me to put cables, etc. But I mainly use it to store the V1 when I do need to remove it like if I'm taking the car in for repair. Otherwise, it's mounted on my BlendMount 24/7. I don't have a picture of V1 in the case. Stupid me sold it and thinking the V1G2 would ship before the shutdown but I guess I rather sell it now and get as much before people catch on that there is a G2.

Attachments

wgmontgomery

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
You won't see Valentine 1 cases or any OEM stuff on Amazon

It's literally just branding
All very true. As far as the case goes, I'm buying one from a member. I'm sure that I can find something less expensive, and I know that it's branding...
BUT I really like it. If a member wasn't selling me a used one I probably wouldn't buy it. IDK
I have something to transport it from car to house (& in the trunk if I'm parked at the mall or something) but it's too small for accessories.

CJR238

Retired PR
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I still have the case I bought direct from VR for my V1G1 and it fits the G2 perfect. It's definitely worth the investment because it fits the radar detector and all its accessories perfectly. And fits them in a unique way.

wgmontgomery

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I still have the case I bought direct from VR for my V1G1 and it fits the G2 perfect. It's definitely worth the investment because it fits the radar detector and all its accessories perfectly. And fits them in a unique way.
Thanks! I bought one from a member...V1 case, less money=win, win!

SAAB9400

Flying low
Beginner User
Reaction score
I still have my original V1 case I bought almost twenty years ago. I love it. It has room for the detector, mount, power plug and cable. Its a convenient all in one package. I now use it on the Gen2.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgazette