License Plate Fun!

turbofish

Learning to Fly
Premium Plus
Lifetime Premium
Beginner User
Reaction score
20200403_110920.jpg

Not so much for yet another wildly expired vanity plate from the 80's but what it means.
THEFISH Last name is Fisher, everyone in our family has a nickname of Fish, I just added a turbo in front when I started driving a turbo charged car in the 80's. Even my daughter when she was a little kid making mugs in summer camp for fathers day would always write Dad/TF.
My dad, although he didn't pay his employees much, he earned their respect and admiration. When an employee was calling from jail, my dad was the one who would go and bail them out. When they had to go to court, he would go with them, paying for a lawyer and would usually get them out. Financial problem? We use to joke that my dad was a make sift pawn shop, always loaning employees money. He would let them use the trucks for moving their personal things, give them extra work either at the stores or elsewhere whenever they needed. He was famous or possibly infamous giving them second and third chances which often came back as an issue. His stores were the first to pay for health care, gave all of them Christmas bonuses in equal portions from store managers to people who worked in the back office. And because of this, he built tons of loyalty and the employees would go out of their way to make sure that they returned the appreciation. They pooled all of their money together, worked with my mom in how to get a plate in someone else's name and bought him this license plate as a token of their appreciation.
When he died in 1991, the funeral was packed with all of his employees and customers, some of which I still keep in contact with nearly 30 years later.

Although the tag says that it was expired in 85, the actual date was more like 89 [lost a few stickers] and I had it on my car after he leased a car for a few years and couldn't put it on a leased car. One of my friends back then cautioned me that knowing how I drive [I have always had a lead foot] that cops would be able to read the plates much easier.

USAir767

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Saw a Hellcat with LOLUSLOW
Pair of Tesla's with EFF OIL and EFF OIL 2
Benz GLA45 with IMNIDIOT

There are definitely more but those are the ones I can think of from the top of my head

acrspeed

Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
Premium Plus
Beginner User
Reaction score
Screenshot_20200419-090153(1)(1).png

Found on Jason Cammisa's Instagram.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads