Intermediate User
Reaction score

wgmontgomery

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Basic set of 2F?
Post automatically merged:

If I hadn't already promised to buy TWG I'd put in an offer.
Post automatically merged:

Let me amend that statement: if I hadn't promised to buy TMG I would get some advice on this forum and THEN (Possibly) put in an offer!

Last edited:

Smason

What is a PSL?
Advanced User
Reaction score
Lowball offer sent.

thebravo

Security
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I was going to say that BIN price is not very good for a used system.

wgmontgomery

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I don't know enough about LJs to have known that, so thanks.
I know ALP is THE LJ to own, and that it's pricey. I seem to remember that they changed/updated CPUs too, but I have no idea how they are different.
Thx!

thebravo

Security
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
The CPU there is either a Gen 1 or 2, the current Gen is 4, the new gen 4 CPU doesn't do a lot for the laser performance side other than requireing GPS for adding in speed based features like not jamming below 19MPH and logging the speed whenhit and some other little minor features. even the older HW1 CPU's still do fine with everythig out there, just can't run the TX head on gen 1. The gen 2 CPU can run the TX head if desired if you add GPS, no GPS needed for RX heads. Brand new the gen2 CPU with one RX head was $499 +$250 for the second RX head so brand new probably was $750. The new ALP system with gen 4 CPU he's showing the price for is with HIFI, which is not what he's selling, he's selling basic control pad. So brand new the system with the gen 4 CPU and GPS antenna is $839. I could see asking somewhere in the $550- $650 range for that system.

wgmontgomery

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
The CPU there is either a Gen 1 or 2, the current Gen is 4, the new gen 4 CPU doesn't do a lot for the laser performance side other than requireing GPS for adding in speed based features like not jamming below 19MPH and logging the speed whenhit and some other little minor features. even the older HW1 CPU's still do fine with everythig out there, just can't run the TX head on gen 1. The gen 2 CPU can run the TX head if desired if you add GPS, no GPS needed for RX heads. Brand new the gen2 CPU with one RX head was $499 +$250 for the second RX head so brand new probably was $750. The new ALP system with gen 4 CPU he's showing the price for is with HIFI, which is not what he's selling, he's selling basic control pad. So brand new the system with the gen 4 CPU and GPS antenna is $839. I could see asking somewhere in the $550- $650 range for that system.
Thanks for the info!
I did notice that the "invoice" was for a newer CPU with GPS and HiFi controller; it does make his auction look like a good deal though, so thanks again!
I'm committed to TMG now but can dream about ALP

Smason

What is a PSL?
Advanced User
Reaction score
He countered 675.

Too rich for an unverified dual system.

wgmontgomery

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
He countered 675.

Too rich for an unverified dual system.
I agree; he probably believes that it's worth (close to) what he saw on ALP website. I wish you luck; I'm getting TMG quads in a couple of weeks and will add VPR heads (F&R) soon.
I'd love to get ALP, but it would take forever to finish (2+TX F & 2+TX R) the car.

Smason

What is a PSL?
Advanced User
Reaction score
I agree; he probably believes that it's worth (close to) what he saw on ALP website. I wish you luck; I'm getting TMG quads in a couple of weeks and will add VPR heads (F&R) soon.
I'd love to get ALP, but it would take forever to finish (2+TX F & 2+TX R) the car.
Ive got 2 ALP systems and 1.5 TMG. This was just going to be for spare parts.

wgmontgomery

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Wow...how do you like the TMG?

I REALLY wish that I could get ALP, but I can afford TMG. I know that it's not JTG on the DE. but it seems to improve "every day," and it appears to do well once the heads are tweaked.

Smason

What is a PSL?
Advanced User
Reaction score
Okay, So I bought it. $600 USD + blah international shipping blah it was $700USD. Yay Canada.

Asked for proof of stickers on the Rx heads.
1585862133111.png

Needless to say i will be thouroughly disinfecting this package.

Also, he had the listing labelled as with GPS, but it seems as though that might not be included. Something i will have to dispute as i had included that in my 'cost'.

LuckyXII

Formerly known as JuniorIS350
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Okay, So I bought it. $600 USD + blah international shipping blah it was $700USD. Yay Canada.

Asked for proof of stickers on the Rx heads.
View attachment 143804
Needless to say i will be thouroughly disinfecting this package.

Also, he had the listing labelled as with GPS, but it seems as though that might not be included. Something i will have to dispute as i had included that in my 'cost'.
Congrats on the purchase!

Smason

What is a PSL?
Advanced User
Reaction score
It looks like its not as good as I hoped.

GPS not included.
HiFi speaker not included.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samkuzma