AutoLowK

Ramsjam12

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Hey everybody! I’ve been running my detector for almost 3 weeks on AutoLowK in the city and I’ve turned off the lock outs on my detector, both of these combined has helped me noticed real K band threats in my area while giving me less false alerts I still get about 3-4 around town but on auto mode I get more false alerts! Hope this helps future uses that deal with K band!

I use a max 360c

radarking64

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Evening!! I own the Cobra DP 360 & have used the Auto Lo k mode to filter BSM & it works great! The city LEO & sheriff vehicles use KA here; so I have no problem using auto lockout for door openers & speed signs. Glad your Max 360c is your "CM co-pilot ".....enjoy!! :cool:

Bluelinex

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I've had my 360c for about a year and a half. I find the auto loK setting about the best for me. I get very few falsa's as the detector has learned to filter them out.

Ramsjam12

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I've had my 360c for about a year and a half. I find the auto loK setting about the best for me. I get very few falsa's as the detector has learned to filter them out.
I love the auto learn feature but when you run in a city of 95% k band you can’t have it turned on. Cops could sit right outside of the false alert zone and the rd won’t pick up the unknown second threat

Bluelinex

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I love the auto learn feature but when you run in a city of 95% k band you can’t have it turned on. Cops could sit right outside of the false alert zone and the rd won’t pick up the unknown second threat
You have to give it time to adjust to the locations you drive by on a daily bases. It takes a while but as you drive over time you will hear a high beep and if you look at the detector it will say "Stored" so that signal is now muted. It will show the signal but will not beep any more. If at the same time it sees a second signal it WILL alert you to it. The 360c doesn't have the longest range but it's still one of the best and it will do all of these other things very well for you.

Ramsjam12

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
You have to give it time to adjust to the locations you drive by on a daily bases. It takes a while but as you drive over time you will hear a high beep and if you look at the detector it will say "Stored" so that signal is now muted. It will show the signal but will not beep any more. If at the same time it sees a second signal it WILL alert you to it. The 360c doesn't have the longest range but it's still one of the best and it will do all of these other things very well for you.
I think 7 months is enough adjustment time. Also another big issue is when I can have a cop driving behind me and it’ll stay locked out full bars no beep no Warnings it thinks it’s a false but it’s not. I’ve even doubled tapped the mute button to unlock the signal, it’ll beep full blast for a couple of seconds then it’ll lock out again

westwind77

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
both of these combined has helped me noticed real K band threats in my area while giving me less false alerts
Just be careful....testing has shown AutoLok to be dangerous to run where there is heavy K-band enforcement. If you live in a open and flat area you 'might' be somewhat ok, but in tougher terrain I would not recommend it. I would also forget catching any distance I/O shots running in that mode as well.

Ramsjam12

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Just be careful....testing has shown AutoLok to be dangerous to run where there is heavy K-band enforcement. If you live in a open and flat area you 'might' be somewhat ok, but in tougher terrain I would not recommend it. I would also forget catching any distance I/O shots running in that mode as well.
I’ll keep you all updated but just around my town it’s been perfect I’ve been picking up every cop 👍 if I leave town it’s auto or highway

westwind77

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I’ll keep you all updated but just around my town it’s been perfect I’ve been picking up every cop 👍 if I leave town it’s auto or highway
Ok, it was just a friendly warning of concern. There has been testing done with the 360c but i just did a quick search and pulled up the iX difference.

120819.jpg

It basically took a 2 mile detection and reduced it to a 0.6 mile detection running AutoLoK - if the LEO was running I/O and hit a car 1 mile ahead of you and you were running highway you would get the alert and slow - running in AutoLoK you would have missed the alert and have a potential ticket. Like I said that is with the iX, you can search the testing for the 360c results. It all comes down to risk vs reward. As long as you are comfortable with the higher risk factor for the reward of a quieter detector that is all that matter.

Last edited:

Ramsjam12

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Ok, it was just a friendly warning of concern. There has been testing done with the 360c and this but i just did a quick search and pulled up the iX difference.

View attachment 143666

It basically took a 2 mile detection and reduced it to a 0.6 mile detection running AutoLoK - if the LEO was running I/O and hit a car 1 mile ahead of you and you were running highway you would get the alert and slow - running in AutoLoK you would have missed the alert and have a potential ticket. Like I said that is with the iX, you can search the testing for the 360c results. It all comes down to risk vs reward. As long as you are comfortable with the higher risk factor for the reward of a quieter detector that is all that matter.
Thank you! I appreciate the help a lot!

Bluelinex

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I have not had that problem here in NJ all bands are in play. I run my 360c in Auto LoK and my detector is quiet while giving me alerts to X & K band with plenty of time to slow down. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I have had my 360c for a year and a half and it has learned the false signals in the places that I drive. This is the detector I want my wife to use, all she has to do is turn it on and drive.

DrHow

Going “Plaid” ASAP (Tesla S) RDT refugee
Banned User
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I have not had that problem here in NJ all bands are in play. I run my 360c in Auto LoK and my detector is quiet while giving me alerts to X & K band with plenty of time to slow down. I think it has a lot to do with the fact that I have had my 360c for a year and a half and it has learned the false signals in the places that I drive. This is the detector I want my wife to use, all she has to do is turn it on and drive.
I believe if you use the Update Pro PC app, when you register your wife new device (if you are doing that), then use the update tool, it should import your lockouts and user data. That way, won’t have to learn the locations as a new device.

Bluelinex

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I believe if you use the Update Pro PC app, when you register your wife new device (if you are doing that), then use the update tool, it should import your lockouts and user data. That way, won’t have to learn the locations as a new device.
I only have one 360c so she get's all of my lock outs & I get hers. She used to have a SOLO 3 battery detector. You had to run that with X & K turned off and Ka and laser at 100% it would save you but the range was very short. Good for her but not for me. I used it for a trade in on the 360c.

BaileyAB

Whats PSL? Autobahn bro, A.U.T.O.B.A.H.N.!!!!!
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think 7 months is enough adjustment time. Also another big issue is when I can have a cop driving behind me and it’ll stay locked out full bars no beep no Warnings it thinks it’s a false but it’s not. I’ve even doubled tapped the mute button to unlock the signal, it’ll beep full blast for a couple of seconds then it’ll lock out again
This bug is 5 yrs old. dates back to Max 1 series.
I could not believe when this happened to me.
I sold my Max1 n got V1 n never looked back.

Chrismx

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I’m not certain, but it almost seems like K band is having a bit of a renaissance at least in my area. I have not really played much with filtering or the various reduced sensitivity modes and keep on Highway for the most part (Max 360) while learning to basically take a more leisurely response to k band alerts especially near large known false producers, such as malls, stores, etc. but, not too long ago I got a k band out in the boonies and assumed JAFBSM or ACC false but low and behold rounding a curve here comes a LEO with no one else in sight. Just last week while waiting to make a left onto a road with construction with PSL of 25 a truck obviously going much faster passed. I pulled out behind it and started to keep pace (as there were no crews working in that location) when another K alert hit. Very shortly thereafter I had a motorcycle Mountie on my tail (of particular note there is one of those speed signs just now coming up but my detector has learned and no longer alerts to it) and as soon as we cleared that bit of construction (where crews are now working) the motor cycle passes me and lights up the speeding truck. Total elapsed time from making my turn until the truck gets pulled over maybe 5 minutes and distance about 1/2 mile. So, am I imagining it, or just two odd encounters with some poorly equipped LEO’s, or is K making a comeback knowing it’s now slightly obscured by all the noise?

Ramsjam12

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I’m not certain, but it almost seems like K band is having a bit of a renaissance at least in my area. I have not really played much with filtering or the various reduced sensitivity modes and keep on Highway for the most part (Max 360) while learning to basically take a more leisurely response to k band alerts especially near large known false producers, such as malls, stores, etc. but, not too long ago I got a k band out in the boonies and assumed JAFBSM or ACC false but low and behold rounding a curve here comes a LEO with no one else in sight. Just last week while waiting to make a left onto a road with construction with PSL of 25 a truck obviously going much faster passed. I pulled out behind it and started to keep pace (as there were no crews working in that location) when another K alert hit. Very shortly thereafter I had a motorcycle Mountie on my tail (of particular note there is one of those speed signs just now coming up but my detector has learned and no longer alerts to it) and as soon as we cleared that bit of construction (where crews are now working) the motor cycle passes me and lights up the speeding truck. Total elapsed time from making my turn until the truck gets pulled over maybe 5 minutes and distance about 1/2 mile. So, am I imagining it, or just two odd encounters with some poorly equipped LEO’s, or is K making a comeback knowing it’s now slightly obscured by all the noise?
K band here is used a lot and their are some areas that my detector will lock it out noticed that if they are running a 24.184 full blast auto lockout after 2-3 seconds of it going off, same with 24.136. It’s odd and scary, even sense I turned it off no more lock out 👍 I catch every cop.. only thing I’d have to watch out for is instant on...

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amateurwheels