Radar R7 Save Vs. 35.5 Sloppy I/O

OBeerWANKenobi

This is not the car you're looking for......
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
  • Staff
*tweet* = drop anchor = no roadside chat. :)

Glad there was some traffic in front of me since the Sheriff didn't even give me the courtesy of having his headlights on to make him easier to identify.

GTO_04

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score

Glad there was some traffic in front of me since the Sheriff didn't even give me the courtesy of having his headlights on to make him easier to identify.
That is the best kind of I/O! Are they still making traffic stops with the coronavirus going around? I see radar once in awhile but NO pullovers in the last two weeks.

GTO_04

OBeerWANKenobi

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
  • Staff
That is the best kind of I/O! Are they still making traffic stops with the coronavirus going around? I see radar once in awhile but NO pullovers in the last two weeks.

GTO_04
It's weird. I'm hearing barely any traffic stops on the scanner but got a radar sniff from the sheriff Sunday evening and now this. Maybe they're looking for the big fish trying taking advantage of less traffic. WSP is definitely making stops due to call-ins but I drove a long way this weekend and didn't see a single one actively enforcing.

Godowsky17

Advanced User
Reaction score
It's weird. I'm hearing barely any traffic stops on the scanner but got a radar sniff from the sheriff Sunday evening and now this. Maybe they're looking for the big fish trying taking advantage of less traffic. WSP is definitely making stops due to call-ins but I drove a long way this weekend and didn't see a single one actively enforcing.
It's possible he wouldn't have pulled you over, but it's still good not to blow by police at PSL+20 and the R7 helps a lot with that.

RadarScout

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score

It's always nice to have that kind of range. Great job by the R7!

OBeerWANKenobi

Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
  • Staff
No that wasn't sloppy. He was clocking each car he met. You had a great RD that sniffed him out. Great save.
Thinking about it, you're right. I guess I called it sloppy because they are usually more selective and resist hitting every car, trying to pick out ones they are pretty sure are over their threshold. So in this case, they just weren't using "selective" I/O

It's scary here. :shifty:

KnightHawk

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
It sure was a good pick on 35.5 with I/O. One thing I like about the R series is the frequency voice announcement. So glad Uniden listened to RDF members by updating the voice frequency and directional voice announcements louder. When I got it the first time, I could barely hear the lady. :D:D:D I love it when RD manufacturers listen to us.;)

DocTJ

Advanced User
Reaction score
Great save. Thankfully open in front of you and he was just firing indiscriminately it seems .
love the r7

milkman

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Nice job by the R7! Thanks for sharing!

Ramsjam12

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Didn’t look sloppy to me ;) more need to be like this officer 👍

STS-134

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thinking about it, you're right. I guess I called it sloppy because they are usually more selective and resist hitting every car, trying to pick out ones they are pretty sure are over their threshold. So in this case, they just weren't using "selective" I/O

It's scary here. :shifty:
I wish RADAR gun manufacturers would make guns that would have a user selectable Doppler tone mute function (i.e. mute tones for all traffic traveling less than "X" mph). This would probably make cops less likely to disable the Tx function when they don't see a vehicle actively speeding because it removes the annoyance factor of having to listen to that damn noise all the time.

Vehicle 1

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Nice save:cool:

rider9195

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
No that wasn't sloppy. He was clocking each car he met. You had a great RD that sniffed him out. Great save.
I guess that could go either way. I could see it as being sloppy because you can easily tell a car going 10+ PSL when you know what a vehicle going the PSL visually looks like.

But at the same time with lack of cars on the road he is probably bored and just has nothing better to do than mess around with his unit!

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jesus359