Highway Radar v2.3: Voice control and alerts reporting

ferius

More arrows please
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
ferius, i know you accept any recommendations...

maybe get rid for the words "Reported" and " ago", and transform those round dots in rectangles, so any device can show them...
Even "Confirmed" can be "CONF" from my point of view
Well, makes sense for small screens; will add to the list.

On samsung android 5 rooted without gaps i cannot even install V2.3...only 2.2.2...
Hm, that is strange. What kind of error do you get?

still get one or multiple "hidden" alert messange and canoot show them no matter what...maybe related to gaps, (no "map" on my device)?
Hidden means doesn't fit into screen. I'm thinking of making the alerts list scrollable. Possibly will add such feature in one of the next releases.

On 2.2.2 i get "heat" related settings, but nothing shown on screen without gaps.
Looks like I forgot to hide "heat" settings if no GApps is installed. Thanks for pointing out.

gra

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
when trying 2.3 i get simple "app is not installed" message. I try first to update 2.2.2, then clear cache, delete data, uninstall 2.2.2 and fresh try 2.3, but no luck...i thing is related to gaps...

i get "1 hidden" (only 1 not 2-3 or multiple) when i have only 1,2 or 3 active alerts on screen...so planty of space on screen.

gra

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
plane are hit an miss....
last days i can track an MI8 helicopter on HR, but today i cant see it on HR or jbv 1 but planefinder and airnav radarbox both show it with callsign an even type. Is "730" 4A35CC police helicopter...
also strange is that 5 days ago i track this MI8 even he dissapear on all pc web app?!...(100km trace with fake location)

Also some helicopters can be seen if they are on other area (400 km away), but cannot if they are here...(Mlat or adbsx)

i think there are some problems with servers today...only very few planes can be tracked (adsb)...
Post automatically merged:

i think all this problems are related to coronavirus (planty of time to test at home)

I discover now one police fresh (2 minutes) alert on map style, side, 12 km away, oposite direction, that apeear as "1 hidden alert" on list mode on the same phone , then after 6 minute this alert became "normal" in list mode on version 2.3 (same phone) and about 7 minute later on version 2.2.2 on another phone were it was "1 hidden alert" from the beginning.....strange things.

I think all those "1 hiden alerts" i have will became normal but after many minutes later when another fresh alert will come as hidden and so on...

Also i cannot explain when on version 2.2.2, with some active alerts on screen, i just longpress to "A" an rename to "full", then all of the sudden on all screens i have only "1 hidden alert"...Check on another phone an there was 2-3 active alerts in that moment....
clear cache, delete data, remake all settings....a lot of time...(as i recommend, please enable settings on the phone)

Last edited:

gra

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
for "list" mode i am forced to get back to 2.0. This was the last version where "hidden" appear on screen.
Even so, no accidents are reported on 2.0, 2.2.2 or 2.3 (acc reported on waze and jbv1)

I think you cannot explain this.... that mi8 helicopter appear on v2.0 (no gaps, list mode), but not on 2.2.2 or 2.3 (map or list)....

Last edited:

DC Fluid

Planning ahead, always behind.
Advanced User
Reaction score
Multiple HR crashes yesterday.
JBV1 thread sounds like exact same problem.
Apparently it's related to Google Maps issue.
Had to work around and delete data to get working again.

ferius

More arrows please
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
Oh, I planned to implement an option to backup/restore settings in the next couple months. Sorry if that problem affected you.

DC Fluid

Advanced User
Reaction score
Oh, I planned to implement an option to backup/restore settings in the next couple months. Sorry if that problem affected you.
Well it did occur 3/4 of the way through this trip...
But it did save me 4 or 5 times on the Vancouver freeway.
So I still say you're ahead. ;)

fitz4321

Running With Scissors
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
The app went black for me. It wouldn’t load. I deleted it and reloaded it. Works fine now.

DC Fluid

Advanced User
Reaction score
The app went black for me. It wouldn’t load. I deleted it and reloaded it. Works fine now.
I deleted and reloaded the first time.
It worked until Waze was opened and crashed again.
I deleted the app data and cache, restarted and never opened Waze or Maps again.
No problem.
Apparently this same issue is happening with many apps because of a Google issue.
The fix so far was delete app data and re-setup.
I don't know if this is a permanent fix or will reoccur until Google corrects the fault.
Having millions of users have to delete data to fix crashing apps isn't a great plan.

Reactions: gra

gra

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
ferius, most i like on your app is that is a "dark" app. I hate those "cracking eye" white apps...
So, what about orange/red color line, if you use only one centimeter of line on left and one cm on right side of the screen...
On the left, red or green for data connection and on the left for gps connection...so you can get rid of message like conection problems...

Also for plane alerts i thing double arrow is important, one where the plane is, and one for plane direction (you know what app have this :))...

ferius

More arrows please
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
ferius, most i like on your app is that is a "dark" app. I hate those "cracking eye" white apps...
So, what about orange/red color line, if you use only one centimeter of line on left and one cm on right side of the screen...
On the left, red or green for data connection and on the left for gps connection...so you can get rid of message like conection problems...
Color-blind people will definitely like such a feature :)
Also, if I remove text, the learning curve for HwR will be significantly steeper.

Also for plane alerts i thing double arrow is important, one where the plane is, and one for plane direction (you know what app have this :))...
Well, I use the map for understanding the heading. However, I think adding a second arrow shouldn't be a big deal, will take a look into that.

plm

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Well, I use the map for understanding the heading. However, I think adding a second arrow shouldn't be a big deal, will take a look into that.
For planes this could be useful. The trouble with helicopters is you really need context. A lot of the time they are circling, so the direction they are flying in will keep changing and could give you the impression that they are moving towards you or away from you when they really aren’t. This is where the flight path helps most.

plm

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Now that build 4 is out in the wild I noticed something earlier today that might be useful to others as well.

When an alarm is sounding the mute button mutes all active alerts, including the ones that haven't reached a high enough level to actually sound the alarm.

How about if you press the mute button while an alarm is sounding it mutes that one only, meaning the other active ones will still sound once you get close enough, and if you press the mute button while there is no alarm sounding then it'll mute all active alerts as it currently does?

ferius

More arrows please
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
Now that build 4 is out in the wild I noticed something earlier today that might be useful to others as well.

When an alarm is sounding the mute button mutes all active alerts, including the ones that haven't reached a high enough level to actually sound the alarm.

How about if you press the mute button while an alarm is sounding it mutes that one only, meaning the other active ones will still sound once you get close enough, and if you press the mute button while there is no alarm sounding then it'll mute all active alerts as it currently does?
That is a good idea, I like it. The feature is already implemented in voice control (say "Mute one alert"), so it should be easy to connect it to the mute button.

plm

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I don’t know if the freezing issue was supposed to be resolved yet in either build 4 or 5, but I had the app freeze at startup today when I went to change preset before the data sources had connected, and had to kill the service to get it working again.

Incidentally, there is plenty of good aircraft test data using your default Los Angeles location at the moment. So many aircraft up in the air.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EMCCM