My first ever ipad [ipad pro 2020]

Majbha

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
So I have already placed the order for iPad pro 2020. I am not a big fan of apple products but I must say, apple dominated iPad industry. Nothing can beat it. People who have iPads, any tips and tricks or good apps I should download to make my experience much better? Thanks in advance.

AlexJ

Агенство Интернет-исследований
Beginner User
Reaction score
Just browse the Apple app store, see what you like and install it, that's basically all there is ;-)
Oh, and since iPad Pro uses USB-C you can skip buying Apple's own USB-C chargers and buy many cheaper USB-C chargers from Amazon by other brands, they will work just as well if they support USB-C PD standard. This is in case you'll need extra chargers.
Post automatically merged:

Oh, and change your DNS server to dns.adguard.com instead of automatic setting on your iPad. That will block most Ads on websites and in some apps without requiring installation of any apps. You can find how to change DNS address in iOS by Googling.

Last edited:

DocTJ

PSL + X= 100
Advanced User
Reaction score
Oh, and change your DNS server to dns.adguard.com instead of automatic setting on your iPad. That will block most Ads on websites and in some apps without requiring installation of any apps. You can find how to change DNS address in iOS by Googling.
Just did this. Had no idea. Thanks for mentioning it. Feel free to drop more tips like that please.

@Majbha

congrats man.
it will do everything you need it to do. There’s an app for everything.
I use mine for Netflix when I don’t want to watch on phone or don’t want to take computer out. I let my daughter play Mario on it, I use it for vpn for work. I use it for waze as a secondary device while driving.
good luck

Last edited:

moneychanger

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Glad to hear they are being shipped and received. Put my order in almost two weeks ago and it has made it from China to South Korea and that's it. Hoping it will leave Korea soon. It's frustrating having to wait this long but...

Majbha

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Glad to hear they are being shipped and received. Put my order in almost two weeks ago and it has made it from China to South Korea and that's it. Hoping it will leave Korea soon. It's frustrating having to wait this long but...
I just got it this morning after being delayed multiple times.

BIGGER Dave

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I ordered my 2020 iPad Pro shortly after they was announced. Took two weeks for delivery. I rarely use my desktop anymore, except for ripping CD’s.

Lag

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
If you want, you can get Bluetooth keyboard and mouse and use it as a laptop if needed. Their OS is unmatched. I’m a student and apps like notability and good notes are amazing.

If you want to use an ad blocker (by downloading a safari extension), you’re must better off using Safari and just watching YouTube on the browser than the app.

TonyPHX

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I am a long term Apple user. (Not one of those aggressive fanboys...)
I have the 2018 iPad Pro and just ordered the 2020 replacement. Looks the same except for the better CPU and camera. My only advice is to get a good case that protects it all the way around. The Apple cases and keyboards do not protect the unit at all and frequently come out of the case (since they use magnets to connect on the Pro's).

Lots of great apps and I used to share a list of the apps but really the more I think about it, you will find what matters to you when you need it. Enjoy the device!

The Apple productivity apps are pretty decent so unless your work/business involves heavy MS-Office use, you can live with what Apple provides for word processing etc.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scrappy281