Waze removing police report option in some countries!!

TeamQuack

s\/\/er\/e
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
If waze removes it, it’s just a matter of time before someone else comes out with an app that does the same thing and makes millions, for that reason i dont think google wont drop the feature from waze.

event horizons

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Premium Member
Reaction score

Bloovy One

130,000+ miles with JBV1!
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I've been seeing a lot of valid reports in the data stream that aren't being shown in Waze itself lately. Glad I have another way to view those reports!

nhdriver

Advanced User
Reaction score
Cops are or were among the admins on Waze before they were bought out by Google; can't confirm the validity of the info but wouldn't be surprised at the horrendous updates and how the app just turned into complete crap.

TeamQuack

s\/\/er\/e
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I used Waze yesterday and I was wondering if they updated or was it behaving differently in a different apple car play.

I saw the police alert bubble but it was blank (the police icon was missing). When i would get close, sometimes the police icon would appear as i get closer (the bubble get bigger). I also didnt get any “police reported ahead,” alerts even though i drove past the alerts with police icons (it didnt let me confirm the trap). It seemed to react differently depending on my speed.

Bloovy One

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I think there might be some differences with Waze lately. I don't know if it's just a lower priority to the people that normally keep things running smoothly or something else.
I have seen many weekends (especially holiday weekends) where Waze doesn't show any (or very, very few) of the LEO reports that are in the data stream for the entire weekend.

danpass

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
It almost seems like Waze has taken a tenth off the distance, now reporting at 0.4 instead of 0.5 miles.

Also, it almost seems like it won’t report police audibly if going a certain amount over the speed limit. Not sure on that one. I’m not actually much of a speeder lol.

Bloovy One

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
It almost seems like Waze has taken a tenth off the distance, now reporting at 0.4 instead of 0.5 miles.

Also, it almost seems like it won’t report police audibly if going a certain amount over the speed limit. Not sure on that one. I’m not actually much of a speeder lol.
Hmmmm.

TeamQuack

s\/\/er\/e
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score

I think there must be something to that because I got no alerts LOL

I’m in a rental and I even got hit with a i/o on that ride but the leo spared me, i was going +25 at the time (luckily...)

Last edited:

TeamQuack

s\/\/er\/e
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
It shrinks the police report bubble AND removes the icon graphic if you go 10+ over. I just confirmed it :(

IMG_2433.png

IMG_2435.png

Last edited:

benzr

Been there done that !! Original V1 user !!
Advanced User
Reaction score

Freebird

Poking the bears.
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've experienced several areas I could not report Leo's also. Don't recall the states and location but it was not due to lack of cell service etc. In some of those cases, I was able to close the app, relaunch and the option was available again. Left me wondering WTF.

Bloovy One

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
The bubble shrinkage has been a problem for years at times. If you zoom out too much and then it zooms out more due to speed, that happens.

Dragons

Breathing fire
Advanced User
Reaction score
Interesting... Waze is better than ever here, police reporting is still present, it works better as a nav app than other dedicated nav apps.

TeamQuack

s\/\/er\/e
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
The bubble shrinkage has been a problem for years at times. If you zoom out too much and then it zooms out more due to speed, that happens.
There was no zooming in my case, those screen shots were taken within seconds of eachother. Then i slowed down again under +10 and they magically reappeared (no map size change). Seems to be a feature to combat speeding.

Chrisrizzy

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Honestly, I think Waze just gets bogged down and clogged with data on your phones. This likely causes issues with functionality. Try going to your apps and clearing the cache for Waze and stopping the app every so often. I had issues with it Thursday and that did that trick.

DC Fluid

Planning ahead, always behind.
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Reaction score
I think Google (Waze) is under pressure from law enforcement and regulators with threats of action against them for providing services to enable illegal activity (speeding) and showing location of LEOs.
I have seen the features appear, then start fading away soon after introduction in my areas.
These issues could be the start in other areas to appear to be responsible corporate citizens to avoid regulation, investigation, or lawsuits into these services.
Anyone know how to search if Google/Waze has received any cease and desist orders, requests or political pressure to change the alerts we are used to?

Jon at Radenso

Manufacturer
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Premium Member
Manufacturer
Reaction score

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads