Will someone explain Savvy on V1Driver to me?

mswlogo

Software Developer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
What "Analyzer Mode" are you running? A? Big L? Little L? The Little L mode should introduce those beeps at mute volume, which then gives V1Driver the opportunity to send the mute command to the V1. IIRC, the way the hardware Savvy works is it just sends a constant stream of mute commands to the V1 until you get over speed so that no matter what happens it gets muted. But the initial beep will still persist.

Run Logic (Little L) mode, set Mute Volume to zero, and V1Driver's muting should be absolute and prevent you from getting the initial beeps.

EDIT: Beaten like a rented mule! Stupid work distracting me from RDF ;)
99% sure Hardware Savvy does not send constant stream of mutes until over speed. I will confirm though, now that we have the Mute Status LED on V1G2. But it is hardwired so it has no bluetooth lag to deal with. It can mute faster than you can hear it. With an App it has to receive the data over bluetooth, decide, then optionally send a mute back out. V1Driver would never do that either because it would lag unmuting say a Ka band hit.

mswlogo

Software Developer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
I was running Big L -> just switched to Little L. I saw "Advanced Logic" and thought absolutely, I want ADVANCED everything! Lol. I just read the description and now it all makes sense. I'll test a little later today, but it sounds like this is the fix.

Thanks for the quick reply, and THANKS for a wonderful app!
I know, that's gonna be a huge confusion. That's why I put the suggestion Pop up Message in V1Driver !!
Which you should have seen.

Keep in mind some people in "Little L" mode will consider the visual you will now get a "visual distraction alert". So that's why I added the "Auto" mode under Hardware Settings - V1 Display Mode (which has a slight lag ;) )

I kept my V1 out of line of site, but not everyone has that option or wants it out of line of site.

blulite

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I was running Big L -> just switched to Little L. I saw "Advanced Logic" and thought absolutely, I want ADVANCED everything! Lol. I just read the description and now it all makes sense. I'll test a little later today, but it sounds like this is the fix.

Thanks for the quick reply, and THANKS for a wonderful app!
Still getting loud beep. Past the sign three times and it beeped once. If I get the hardwire Savvy will it always mute?

kyjd75

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Good question.

Yes, that's why V1Driver will pop a Suggestion to use Logic Mode "little L". If the Radar hit is not to strong to start (which is very often the case). Savvy, gpsMute and Snooze (re-mutes) will be completely silent. It will not work in All Bogey or Advanced Logic Mode ("Big L").

All Bogey Mode is no (or very little) filtering and way to chatty. Big L is exactly the same as Little L for "Audio". It just never displays what it keeps muted. Big L feels quieter but it's not. It's just visually quieter. V1Driver will now "Mute" the Display if enabled when in Little L. So it will be "Quiet" both Audibly and Visually (like Big L) when it's safe to do so. It's the best of both.

If signal is strong immediately and punches through, but V1Driver knows it's locked out, you'll get the unmuted beep. That doesn't happen that often. So it's pretty quiet overall.
I tried running in little L today and it made all the difference. Almost totally quiet, definitely quieter than big L. Yes, you do "see" a lot more in the way of alerts on the display, but you don't hear any of them, except the ones you need to hear. Seeing all of the silenced alerts didn't bother me at all. Rather, I thought it made it more interesting and impressive as to what a good job the V1G2 and V1Driver were doing in keeping things quiet.

mswlogo

Software Developer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
;)
I tried running in little L today and it made all the difference. Almost totally quiet, definitely quieter than big L. Yes, you do "see" a lot more in the way of alerts on the display, but you don't hear any of them, except the ones you need to hear. Seeing all of the silenced alerts didn't bother me at all. Rather, I thought it made it more interesting and impressive as to what a good job the V1G2 and V1Driver were doing in keeping things quiet.
Awesome, thanks for the follow up.

mswlogo

Software Developer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
Still getting loud beep. Past the sign three times and it beeped once. If I get the hardwire Savvy will it always mute?
Were you below Savvy?
Is the Speed Sign gpsMuted (Locked out)?
What is V1Driver showing when it Beeped?

Couple other ways you might get a Beep

Is your Mute Level Down low on the V1 (below being annoying, I keep mine at 0)
Memo Loud After Muting should be Off in V1 Connection.
If you are in an area with Multiple Bogey's V1 will blurt out a Bogey Counter increased Tone.
With Memo Loud After Muting Off that Bogey tone will be at muted Level.

If the first hit from the Speed Sign is to strong it will immediately punch through and it will take usually less than a second to mute.

blulite

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Were you below Savvy?
Is the Speed Sign gpsMuted (Locked out)?
What is V1Driver showing when it Beeped?

Couple other ways you might get a Beep

Is your Mute Level Down low on the V1 (below being annoying, I keep mine at 0)
Memo Loud After Muting should be Off in V1 Connection.
If you are in an area with Multiple Bogey's V1 will blurt out a Bogey Counter increased Tone.
With Memo Loud After Muting Off that Bogey tone will be at muted Level.

If the first hit from the Speed Sign is to strong it will immediately punch through and it will take usually less than a second to mute.
  • Below Savvy = yes
  • The sign is userLock K 24.096
  • Mute volume is 2
  • Memo Loud After Muting is Off
  • Not multiple bogeys
  • Savvy speed set to 32, I am moving at 28
  • Playback of recording I see the sign hit the detector, very low level, no beep, savvyMute kicks in.
  • savvyMute is muting K 24.099
  • GPS = 16 ft, Bluetooth = 0dB
  • For a brief second I get a poor GPS (skips from 16 ft to 44,87,131, the alarm beeps and announces K 24.099, GPS goes back to 16 ft.
  • I have it recorded if that helps debug
Any chance there is a bug in V1driver with respect to how it is reading GPS? I have an iPhone 11 and have never had issues with GPS on the phone.
Post automatically merged:

• Below Savvy = yes
  • Mute volume is 2
  • Not multiple bogeys
  • Playback of recording I see the sign hit the detector, very low level, no beep, savvyMute kicks in.
  • For a brief second I get a poor GPS (skips from 16 ft to 44,87,131, the alarm beeps and announces K 24.099, GPS goes back to 16 ft.
Any chance there is a bug in V1driver with respect to how it is reading GPS? I have an iPhone 11 and have never had issues with GPS on the phone.
It looks like savvy cool down of 1 might fix my problem?

Last edited:

mswlogo

Software Developer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
  • Below Savvy = yes
  • Mute volume is 2
  • Not multiple bogeys
Post automatically merged:

It looks like savvy cool down of 1 might fix my problem?
raise your gps Accuracy. Default is 100ft

Having it set at 100ft is saying you don’t trust speed or position if it’s worse than 100ft. So V1Driver will cancel all muting (Except AutoMute) until you are below it.

kyjd75

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
An update now that I have a little more time with running on little L, with Savvy set at 45 mph. I have been running V1 Driver in the forefront so I can see and understand better all that it is doing. The result now is that my V1G2 is nearly perfect. Alerting only to KA and the very occasional genuine K band threat in my area. V1 Driver has learned all of the stationary K spots and is muting them nicely. As for BSMs, I have yet to hear a single one. My R3 was a very good detector with fantastic range. My V1G2 has at least equal range but the filtering combined with V1 Driver makes the V1G2 the better detector by far.

mswlogo

Software Developer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
An update now that I have a little more time with running on little L, with Savvy set at 45 mph. I have been running V1 Driver in the forefront so I can see and understand better all that it is doing. The result now is that my V1G2 is nearly perfect. Alerting only to KA and the very occasional genuine K band threat in my area. V1 Driver has learned all of the stationary K spots and is muting them nicely. As for BSMs, I have yet to hear a single one. My R3 was a very good detector with fantastic range. My V1G2 has at least equal range but the filtering combined with V1 Driver makes the V1G2 the better detector by far.
Those are the stories I love to read. Thanks !!

Please review the app in the App Store ;)

R4D4RUS3R

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
I hope I can ask here. Are you guys setting your mute volume to zero? I have mine currently set to 3 or 4 so that once I get a Ka I can hear a lower volume beep until everything is clear. When I'm in a parking lot picking up a K band door, its beeping the entire time. Savvy is set to 35MPH. With my R7 I had those K band signals muted so it would show the freq in gray but never make a noise. The lower volume level was applied to everything that was not locked out. With the V1G2, it won't do a lockout for anything slower than Savvy, right? So how do I deal with the lockouts in parking lots and the lower volume. Maybe I am just missing a detail. Thanks.

mswlogo

Software Developer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
If you want to hear Ka “muted” your gonna hear everything else when “muted”.

I set mute to zero and never AutoMute Ka at all. You don’t need main volume very high with it integrated audio with the car.

R4D4RUS3R

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
If you want to hear Ka “muted” your gonna hear everything else when “muted”.

I set mute to zero and never AutoMute Ka at all. You don’t need main volume very high with it integrated audio with the car.
I changed my muted volume to zero and notice that Ka is never muted so I’m good for now. Thanks. It’s taking a bit but I am seeing what is happening with the alerts and I’m good. The K signals that I locked out with my previous detector are just quiet with savvy settings and for all others the auto lockout is covering it.

mswlogo

Software Developer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
I changed my muted volume to zero and notice that Ka is never muted so I’m good for now. Thanks. It’s taking a bit but I am seeing what is happening with the alerts and I’m good. The K signals that I locked out with my previous detector are just quiet with savvy settings and for all others the auto lockout is covering it.
Perfect.

samq45

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
After playing with the software for a few months, I have mine set to -0- with no Ka muting. It was actually a little fun going through all the settings and everyone's help here seeing what was best. I like my V1, but the App makes it a whole lot better.

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
burgerrun