What are you doing to maintain sanity C19

Up All Night

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Have two projects. First toilet is leaking.
Second, Open garage with phone:
IMG_5953.JPG

Posted from my iPhone using the RDF Mobile App!

Last edited:

Vancity23

(Lexus IS-F)
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Ha ha. Ya its no fun staying home, I was painting some walls yesterday to pass some time, and I hate painting!

thebravo

Security
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
well my garage has never been this close to fitting cars in it... got the Christmas lights down from the roof and away (no they haven't been on in a while)... troubleshot a pair of bad relays on my car (hopefully fixed)... yard work, finally getting it landscaped. Also fixed my mother in laws lawnmower (new carburetor)... installed three new ceilings and new outdoor lighting at my parents house all while pulling overtime for work (from home :) ) My wife is churning out fabric ( including Merv 13 filtered) masks with her coworkers to support the local medical facilities several hours a day and landscaping the yard with me in the evenings. getting back that commute time each day is helping me get stuff done at home that hasn't been able to get done

R4D4RUS3R

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Have two projects. First toilet is leaking.
Second, Open garage with phone:
View attachment 143483
Posted from my iPhone using the RDF Mobile App!
I made my garages smart a while back too with MyQ. I didn't think I needed it but after waking up several mornings and noticing it was still open I decided to automate the closing in the evenings and no issues since. Its nice too when I get a notice I know someone is home or leaving.

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I’m busy making RD videos. :) I’ve got a dashcam comparison video that I need to finish and then I want to start catching up on tutorials for the V1 and a bunch of other detectors. :)

Besides that, exercising, watching YouTube vids, and hanging out at home with my family.

OBeerWANKenobi

This is not the car you're looking for......
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Keeping an eye on all the Covid threads here on RDF has kept me pretty busy............:roflolmao:
I'm not sure if that's helping to maintain my sanity though. :p

SilenceDogoodNinja

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I have been lucky enough to keep working, but the added stress has made the last bit of hair I have left, turn grey. My family and I have been working on daily routines for everyone so they all get along and not turn into potatoes!

SWB

Blue Taco
Intermediate User
Reaction score
Working in yard when its not raining.

wgmontgomery

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I’m busy making RD videos. :) I’ve got a dashcam comparison video that I need to finish and then I want to start catching up on tutorials for the V1 and a bunch of other detectors. :)

Besides that, exercising, watching YouTube vids, and hanging out at home with my family.
I'm WATCHING said videos and playing guitar.
BTW- @vortexradar You ran the only comparison of V1G2 WITHOUT K Verifier, and it made a huge difference on K band. >95% of R7. I grew up (& return to often) near a SC Hwy where HP runs I/O K band *a lot. Not much BSM either. That part of the test was huge to me.
I understand WHY no one tests X band, and I don't really expect testers to spend their time on a band that's meaningless to >90% of people, but I would love to see it. Between NJ and small towns in SC I STILL see X band.
Thanks and stay safe

* ~50% Ka 50% K
Post automatically merged:

X

Last edited:

InDecay

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Working from home like I have for a few years, supporting the thousands of employees working from home now, too. Good to be in IT right now.

Vehicle 1

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Tore down a wall in my living room... my wife has been wanting this for a LONG time.
I figured it would help her get what she wants while I release some pent-up cabin fever energy...

mb300sd

PSL +200
Intermediate User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Going nutty living alone and not seeing my friends.. thank god for my dog. I'm one of those people that starts tons of projects and loses motivation to finish them when parts take more than a few days to ship, so there's a ton of stuff I've started working on again.

- turbojet engine built from a semi turbocharger
- 3 ton ac unit water chiller
- Raspberry Pi powered hexacopter with 2cm rtk gps
- converting the powerwheels Tesla I got as a referral reward to a self driving rc car
- hitch hauler converted to a motorized wagon for tailgating - with it's own hitch to tow a yeti cooler with custom wheels
- installing the Riva stage 3 kit in my jet ski
- installing Tesla mods I ordered months ago
- PrintNC CNC router
- CNC conversions my big milling machine and lathe (needs parts to be made with the PrintNC)

alarmx

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Premium Member
Reaction score
It makes me feel very guilty to post my status.

I am a very fortunate individual. My wife and I are able to work remote form home and our income has not been impacted at all

We have a home on two acres so we stay busy doing yard work when we are not working or taking care of our two kids

Wife and I decided to plant a garden this year so we spent the entire weekend hand tilling our new garden space over Easter weekend.

Took about 13 hours of solid work to dig it all out and remove the large rocks.

We have a bunch of veggies growing starters in the garage under a grow lamp. We plan on transplanting them to the garden next weekend

Next plans are to plant some fruit trees

After that we are going to start putting up a fence around our property. We have two dogs and we would like to be able to let them roam free without us having to make sure they do not wander of

To support the fence building we have been clearing blackberry bushes and overgrowth.

We have been having a lot of fires outside to burn up the trees we have cleared out. I also just enjoy a fire. Cuts down on screen time and reminds me of camping trips as a boy.

I think the thing that has salvaged my sanity is going and working really hard in the yard on the weekends on top of doing my normal job duties. I have been keeping myself very busy.

I hope that our country can turn this corner soon and everyone that is unemployed and or cooped up in a 400 square foot apartment can get back to normal as soon as possible.

I can only imagine how tough it has to be on some people right now.

I try to remember what is truly important.
Keeping my family healthy is my top priority right now

We are exercising social distancing and only leave for supplies.

Stay safe friends.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

erickonphoenix

Left Lane Hooligan
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
I've been working from home, but my home is a mid-rise in downtown Houston so I opted to bug out three weeks ago and go to my mom's place outside of town. I can keep an eye on her and do some chores around her house. Another nice thing about having a parent with a house and garage is I can store all my tools there and work on Wile.
Screen Shot 2020-04-14 at 2.28.19 AM.png

jk111

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Replaced the floor in one of my bathrooms... also installed a wifi garage door opener.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgazette