Intermediate User
Reaction score
Welcome!

DocTJ

Advanced User
Reaction score
Can’t get better than that.
great choices.
what do you like about each and dislikes too?

milkman

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum

jcaptchaos2

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Can’t get better than that.
great choices.
what do you like about each and dislikes too?
I just got the V1G2 last week so still testing, the one thing I really like is running JBV1 with it on my tablet the data is incredible.
I have had my R7 for about 6 months and I love the long range that it has for KA band, the only concern I have is that I have not had a laser hit yet and I have went by plenty of Highway Patrols sitting under bridges that are running laser. I drive 110 miles round trip each day so get to do some good testing. I do run Waze so I slow down before I get to the Highway Patrols but would still expect at least one laser hit. A friend of mine who runs a MAX has a great video that he showed me of him slowing down do to Waze marking one and sure enough boom his Max went crazy with a laser alert. I told him to sign up for this sight and post it. I also have 2 R3's that my daughters are using I would recommend those also for range I just like the arrows on the R7.

SilenceDogoodNinja

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I have been hit with laser 5 times (2 front, 3 rear) in the last month or so, all which was picked up by my AL Priority. None of the 5 times did my R7 go off. I assume it is because they are targeting lower on the vehicle with laser and it is never high enough to get in view of the R7 so it really isn't a good tool for laser. No radar detector is as good as dedicated jammers unfortunately.

milktruk

Learning to Drive
General User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Welcome!

jcaptchaos2

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
I have been thinking about getting jammers but not legal her in MN, I know you can still get them just would have to make sure you know how to use them and shut them off once hit.

DocTJ

Advanced User
Reaction score
I have been thinking about getting jammers but not legal her in MN, I know you can still get them just would have to make sure you know how to use them and shut them off once hit.
Exactly.

And as others have alluded to, the r7 is blind to laser. And the valentine loves to false to anything remotely laser related so can’t win either way.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samkuzma