ALP Default Profile on startup and LTI questions

Starbuck

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Fairly new ALP user and just set up 3 profiles. To quell my anxiety, I would assume that it will always default to Profile 1 on startup (and not maintain the last profile loaded)? Profile 1 is what I want to run normally.

Also, when I have the timeout set to auto at 4 seconds, how do I tell when it stops jamming? I have the pro mode on and can detect when the laser is on me, and I think I recall at some point it announces "Interference Detection". I would assume that's when it automatically ceases jamming and goes into receive mode? I have it on the option for DLI & Warmup (which I'm also a bit confused with exactly how that's different from just warm up.

Thanks.

thebravo

Security
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
ALP will start up to the last profile used. I suggest making the LED behavior different between profiles if you have mutiple defences profiles. I have my unlimited LID test profile set to led flashing so it's really obvious that I'm not on my normal profile.

With HiFi when the auto kill kicks in it will announce interference detection only and it stopped jamming the second that announcement starts to play, try to manually kill faster than 4 seconds if possible by hitting either button on the control pad, it will announce interference detection only then as well.

DLI and warm up is my preferred, basically the LED will continue to flash red as long as the laser is being detected, after 4 seconds of no incoming laser it will turn green for 1 minute and be "warming up" and not in defence mode, then it will go back to blue and defense will be active again. If you have it in warm up only as soon as the system is no longer jamming (either autokillor manual kill) the system will just turn green and start warmup without showing you if laser is still being detected, after 1 minute it renters protection mode. Either one works, just nice to still see if you are being targeted after you have killed the jamming portion.

Just remember that the system isn't protecting for one minute after you get a laser alert and don't get right back on the gas in case there are more LEOs ahead.

Starbuck

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
@thebravo great tip on the flashing LED, I'm going to do that. Thanks also for taking the time to explain the system behavior, best explanation I have read so far, makes sense now to me.

catch1147

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
ALP will start up to the last profile used. I suggest making the LED behavior different between profiles if you have mutiple defences profiles. I have my unlimited LID test profile set to led flashing so it's really obvious that I'm not on my normal profile.

With HiFi when the auto kill kicks in it will announce interference detection only and it stopped jamming the second that announcement starts to play, try to manually kill faster than 4 seconds if possible by hitting either button on the control pad, it will announce interference detection only then as well.

DLI and warm up is my preferred, basically the LED will continue to flash red as long as the laser is being detected, after 4 seconds of no incoming laser it will turn green for 1 minute and be "warming up" and not in defence mode, then it will go back to blue and defense will be active again. If you have it in warm up only as soon as the system is no longer jamming (either autokillor manual kill) the system will just turn green and start warmup without showing you if laser is still being detected, after 1 minute it renters protection mode. Either one works, just nice to still see if you are being targeted after you have killed the jamming portion.

Just remember that the system isn't protecting for one minute after you get a laser alert and don't get right back on the gas in case there are more LEOs ahead.
Question, So in pro mode and you get an alert and you hear the type of laser gun used you are no longer jamming if you have JTK set at 4 seconds?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Maz3

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Question, So in pro mode and you get an alert and you hear the type of laser gun used you are no longer jamming if you have JTK set at 4 seconds?

Correct. Once you JTK by pressing either button on the control set, or the auto kill of 4 seconds pass, you are no longer jamming.

thebravo

Security
Security
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
for Hifi
Promode is basically a change to the tones the system makes after the gun announcement and direction. In non promode it just goes back to the siren siren. In promode it goes to a buzzing sound that will either be pretty steady if you are being targeted, or be broken up if you are getting scatter or reflections.

If you JTK before the system finished announcing the gun or the direction it will repeat that info so it would go something like this

Siren Siren - marksman or ultr(manual JTK) interference detection only, marksman or ultralyte ahead.
If you let the 4 second time run out its: siren siren - prolaser 3 - behind - promode buzz (if enabled) or siren siren - interference detection only.

You will be jamming until your autokill time runs out or you hit the either button on the control pad at which point the system will announce interference detection only. If you are in unlimited LID the system will not stop jamming uinless you manually kill it. I don't recommend unlimited unless you are testing the system with another member, it's always a good idea to have a backup autokill to shut the system down when not testing, especially the first few hits with it, your reaction time and ability to kill the first couple times may be a bit poor. It takes practice to get the correct timing and sequence of things like hitting the brakes, checking speed, hitting button etc.

If you are using bluetooth, the system does not announce interference detection only when killed, but the car icon on the screen on the phone will change to let you know it's killed, the siren will continue to loop if you are still being targeted.
Post automatically merged:

usually you will still get a short burst of pro mode buzz after gun announcement before the 4 seconds kicks in, the one exception might be marksman or ultralyte as that gun ID is longer than the others. Pro mode is basically an audible version of the LED's behavior, a steady buzz if you are targeted a more broken up sound if getting little blips of scatter or it may be silent if you aren't getting hit by the time the gun announcement has played (can occur if you get a quick blip of scatter) usually I find that I have killed before I get to promode buzz. but you can look at the LED to see if you are getting hit , getting scatter etc.

Last edited:

catch1147

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
for Hifi
Promode is basically a change to the tones the system makes after the gun announcement and direction. In non promode it just goes back to the siren siren. In promode it goes to a buzzing sound that will either be pretty steady if you are being targeted, or be broken up if you are getting scatter or reflections.

If you JTK before the system finished announcing the gun or the direction it will repeat that info so it would go something like this

Siren Siren - marksman or ultr(manual JTK) interference detection only, marksman or ultralyte ahead.
If you let the 4 second time run out its: siren siren - prolaser 3 - behind - promode buzz (if enabled) or siren siren - interference detection only.

You will be jamming until your autokill time runs out or you hit the either button on the control pad at which point the system will announce interference detection only. If you are in unlimited LID the system will not stop jamming uinless you manually kill it. I don't recommend unlimited unless you are testing the system with another member, it's always a good idea to have a backup autokill to shut the system down when not testing, especially the first few hits with it, your reaction time and ability to kill the first couple times may be a bit poor. It takes practice to get the correct timing and sequence of things like hitting the brakes, checking speed, hitting button etc.

If you are using bluetooth, the system does not announce interference detection only when killed, but the car icon on the screen on the phone will change to let you know it's killed, the siren will continue to loop if you are still being targeted.
Post automatically merged:

usually you will still get a short burst of pro mode buzz after gun announcement before the 4 seconds kicks in, the one exception might be marksman or ultralyte as that gun ID is longer than the others. Pro mode is basically an audible version of the LED's behavior, a steady buzz if you are targeted a more broken up sound if getting little blips of scatter or it may be silent if you aren't getting hit by the time the gun announcement has played (can occur if you get a quick blip of scatter) usually I find that I have killed before I get to promode buzz. but you can look at the LED to see if you are getting hit , getting scatter etc.
Thanks, That clears things up for me.

Starbuck

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
Great information all of you. Thanks.

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members