Apple Watch Users Update

mswlogo

Software Developer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
I finally had some time to clean up the Apple Watch interface.

I know someone was asking for an Option to Disable the "Raise Wrist Mute" feature and that can now be set in V1Driver AutoMute Settings.
Sorry I forgot who that was.

The biggest problem was Apple changed some stuff around in Watch OS 6.

I'm a little surprised someone would complain (that it was muting) about the "Raise Wrist Mute" feature because that was broken (never mute) as of Watch OS 6.

The big difference with Watch OS 6 is that it allows the Watch to basically stay "On" or "Awake" indefinitely.
And I had events firing based on that "Awake" event.

Considering I'm running on a pokey Series 1 watch it's doing pretty good. I ordered a Series 5 Watch so more goodies may be coming.

Still waiting for Base Beta to get reviewed. This update will come out after that with no review needed.

Last edited:

alee

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
S5 watch is a big jump! You're going to love it.

V1Driver complication would be super nice...

BagNDrag

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for doing this @mswlogo !! Greatly appreciated. I will check it out.

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Just got the latest beta and the raise to mute works nicely with the app running in the foreground on the wrist. :)

If the app is backgrounded or my watch is idling (which it is most of the time), it doesn't seem to mute. Is it able to jump to the foreground during a wrist alert so we can see the frequency and mute the signal?

mswlogo

Software Developer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
Just got the latest beta and the raise to mute works nicely with the app running in the foreground on the wrist. :)

If the app is backgrounded or my watch is idling (which it is most of the time), it doesn't seem to mute. Is it able to jump to the foreground during a wrist alert so we can see the frequency and mute the signal?
When I first implemented it, it would automatically bring the “app” to foreground AFTER the first alert. But now I seem to have to click the notification to get the App up. And if you put your arm down it stays. But eventually It goes away and you need to do it again.

Using Series 1 is a bear to debug with. I plan to look at my options under OS 6 after the Series 5 comes in.

It’s kinda like Tesla Summons. Cool to show it to someone but in practice it still needs work.

When the app (as implemented) is in background it’s basically not running.

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Ahhh that makes sense. I’m excited to see if OS 6 will effectively be able to give us a dedicated frequency display that’s always accessible right from our wrists. :)

SilenceDogoodNinja

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Ahhh that makes sense. I’m excited to see if OS 6 will effectively be able to give us a dedicated frequency display that’s always accessible right from our wrists. :)
I really like that idea!

mswlogo

Software Developer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
S5 watch is a big jump! You're going to love it.

V1Driver complication would be super nice...
S5 watch is impressive. Turns out adding it to my data plan was free.

Not as blazing fast as I was expecting compared to S1 though. Especially when debugging. V1Driver seems to take to long to start. I must not be doing something right.

jdong

Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
S5 watch is impressive. Turns out adding it to my data plan was free.

Not as blazing fast as I was expecting compared to S1 though. Especially when debugging. V1Driver seems to take to long to start. I must not be doing something right.
Computationally it’s like 20x faster than the original watch but between 64 bit and native apps debugging might be more intensive though :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

nickc30

Learning to Drive
General User
Reaction score
I may be dreaming, but could there ever be a chance of standalone bluetooth/gps functionality between the V1 and the apple watch via V1Driver?

mswlogo

Software Developer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
I may be dreaming, but could there ever be a chance of standalone bluetooth/gps functionality between the V1 and the apple watch via V1Driver?
Maybe, I'm not sure yet. Even if possible I'm not sure if there would be enough interest for the amount of work it might take. I know there certainly would be interest. But it is on my to do list to look into. Not sure how much capability the standalone can do and how similar all the API's are for bluetooth etc. I think as time goes on the Watch is morphing into iOS. But currently it's another OS with a lot of similarities. With its own rules and super strict energy usage, which might prevent it from being user friendly (like automatically connecting when it sees the V1 BLE). Not sure the Watch can pair to your car for Audio (which is important piece, but possibly not a show stopping, a reliable pulse on the wrist might be sufficient).

thanks

for all the fish
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
@mswlogo Just got the latest beta, and I guess watchOS 5 is no longer supported?

mswlogo

Software Developer
Advanced User
Premium Member
Software Developer
Reaction score
@mswlogo Just got the latest beta, and I guess watchOS 5 is no longer supported?
I’m testing out some new stuff and have not put in the conditional code for older watchOS yet. It should return but may not go back to as old as was supported before. It was on watchOS 1. Probably end up at 3 or so.

Curious why you are not running 6 though.

thanks

for all the fish
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
2 watches, S0 and S4, both on the latest watchOS 5.3.6. iPhone is on 13.x but not latest, which is needed for watchOS6. I havent had a chance to update the iOS, plus read about some issues, so want to get the facts straight

Discord Server

Latest threads

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylemraley