Apple iOS 13.4 upgrade warning

AlexJ

Агенство Интернет-исследований
Beginner User
Reaction score
For anyone with Apple devices you might not want to upgrade to latest iOS 13.4 and should wait for next release, multiple bugs were discovered, including bugs related to Bluetooth connectivity:

Up All Night

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Tell me about it and I didn’t have a backup.
Posted from my iPhone using the RDF Mobile App!

Vortex

Making Videos
Observer
Corgi Lovers
Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up! I haven’t updated yet and just disabled automatic updates.

oversteer325

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
So far so good for me too. I’m just happy they finally fixed the mail app action bar.

SilenceDogoodNinja

driven by data
Beginner User
Reaction score
I've been running 13.4 through the developer program and haven't seen those issues.
I was running it that way until release to and just never noticed it. Did see increase in data and issue of VPN not getting all tunnels secure though

R4D4RUS3R

PSL +5
Intermediate User
Reaction score
No issues here. I also run the developer betas and have not seen an issue in a while. The last big issue I had was on iPadOS several betas ago when palm rejection was disabled. I had to put a cloth under my hand to write on the screen without it jumping around. That was a fun two weeks but sitting here now not really that big of a deal.
Post automatically merged:

I was running it that way until release to and just never noticed it. Did see increase in data and issue of VPN not getting all tunnels secure though
The VPN issue is an interesting one. It applies to existing states not getting wrapped into the tunnel. All new states are fine so if you connect to VPN everything past that is ok. Most people stay connected full time or connect before doing anything special but I hope its fixed soon. I would not want to be on VPN thinking I was covered and not be.

Last edited:

TeamQuack

s\/\/er\/e
Advanced User
Premium Member
Reaction score
13.4 still didn’t solve my apple CarPlay issues, in fact it has only seem to have gotten worse. The gps function on any iphone i use when in carplay mode goes haywire. After unplugging and open/closing the app all is good.

Second issue, my phone doesnt seem to be communicating with towers as well as it used too. I often have to flicker airplane mode a few times when i get to a new location so it can reconnect to a tower, and ill usually go from 1 bar to 3-4 bars instantly.

Last edited:

Vancity23

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
What Iphone and car do you have? I have a bmw with the Idrive, and wireless charging, I put in the cradle in the centre console and it has been very reliable, no issues.

westwind77

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm running 13.4 and, as of yet, no issues with BT or other issues. One change I am not a fan of is the relocation of the 'delete' icon in the native mail app. I will get adjusted to it though.

wjbertrand

Learning to Fly
Beginner User
Reaction score
Haven’t noticed any issues with 13.4 on my Xs. Of course there are always the “don’t do it your phone will blow up” proclamations with every iOS update. So far I’ve not experienced any issues with any updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Up All Night

Advanced User
Lifetime Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok app developers - Two app ideas:

First it would be nice is there were an app that sorts your apps into categories. The last update dumped all my apps out of folders into a - z, had to manually resort them.

And a little app that looks up your battery charge cycle count with out having to find the log file, paste it into a note and search it for the count.
Phone keeps dropping connection to WiFi and BT. Asks me lost WiFi use Cellular and there is a Spot or Dot dead center on my screen that doesn’t show up when I take a screen shot. (XR)
Posted from my iPhone using the RDF Mobile App!

Last edited:

Discord Server

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arclamp